Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #61
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: keep kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoX View Post
I am with you on this. I think Kubiak has been a fine coach and if fired will go on to success like some for Texans players. I hate to see this team, the fans, Kubiak and McNair let down by bone headed coaching by an incompetent defensive staff. Really, this team is one good DC away....

As Head Coach Gary Kubiak had the opportunity of fixing this defense several years ago. His solution was to promote Frank Bush. He also has allowed Alex Gibbs to remain the DB coach.

Enough is enough. That bone-headed coaching you refer to is a product of Texan's HC Gary Kubiak.
Dishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #62
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG16 View Post
I think its a little funny that once expectations are high and the coaches start making mistakes people want them fired, but when they make the same mistakes when expectation are low the teams "growing" or "getting better". I mean really how many times have the texans under kubiak lost a game in the final seconds? (whether they blew a lead or came back to lose) How many times has Peyton come back from 17 to win? How many times have the Titans come back with a last second field goal or a VY splitting of the texans D like the red sea?? The Jags?? its ridiculous, and it all falls on the HC and the mentality he instills in his players. You really want to keep that? really? I say fire frank bush and david gibbs NOW, and make rhodes the D cord for the rest of the season. Fire kubiak at the end of the season, whether theres football next year or not, and hire someone whos not an offensive Cord at best.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #63
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
And has been one good DC away for 5 years now. Kubiak needs more OC time and hopefully he can learn to leave his personal friendships at the door when he comes to work. His inability to hold his staff accountable is a major flaw. Really wanted him to work out here. Really did. He just isn't the right coach for this team. It's not personal with me. I don't hate the guy or wish him ill. It's just not working out and it is time to move on.
Yep. I really wish he was the guy because he seems like a decent person and the type that you want to have success, as opposed to an asshat like the fatass on the other sideline today.

However, being a nice guy isn't enough, and it's time to move on.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #64
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
As Head Coach Gary Kubiak had the opportunity of fixing this defense several years ago. His solution was to promote Frank Bush. He also has allowed Alex Gibbs to remain the DB coach.

Enough is enough. That bone-headed coaching you refer to is a product of Texan's HC Gary Kubiak.
Never said to give Kubiak a pass. He is the Head Coach not the Offensive Coordinator in chief. If he can't or wont't manage a staff, including dealign with hiring/firing decisions, a major part of the job, then he doesn't deserve to continue in the position. Period.

He won't be the first or the last, coach to go down for putting together a poor staff.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #65
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They were very lucky against the Redskins and Raiders they should be 2-8 right now. Say what you will but the record is what it is which all I care about.
Old 11-21-2010   #66
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm not going to argue with those that want Kubiak fired (reality would be that the entire top coaching staff would be canned once a new HC comes in). There are plenty of reasons for us to be feeling like we need a widespread change, and many of them completely valid.

I just don't see Kubiak as being at fault during this game. The two biggest things that frustrated me today were (1) Schaub's poor time management at the end of the first half and (2) our terrible secondary; particularly extremely poor safety play... yet again.

Many will blame Kubiak for his time management/play calling, but I think a lot of what happens in the final 2 minutes... and final 30 seconds is all on Schaub. We continually waste way too much time.

The biggest thing is our Secondary. The Loss today is FULLY on them. Not Kubiak. Our offense engineered a drive to get us into the lead and then another to extend the lead and force the Jets to score a TD instead of a FG. Our offense played a very aggressive, physical, and good Jets defense and won those matchups. Our defense failed this team yet again.

Troy Nolan and Eugene Wilson were both constantly out of position and taking terrible angles on the ball. If we had even remotely better play from them we would have won. This team would easily be 6-4 right now (because of wins the last two weeks) with minutely better secondary play. That would have us in a 1st place tie in our division.

So many want Kubiak canned and that's fine. I don't call you stupid or dumb... I think you have reason to be upset. I think this is definitely a playoff team and can reach the super bowl if only our defense gets better. I'd like a really good proven DC that can teach these guys up and fire them up. We're now giving up 30 ppg and last in the NFL. I want Kubiak to stay in place, call the offense, keep doing what he's doing... but for us to (1) bring in a new DC that calls the defense and is in charge of that on game day too and (2) bring in some playmakers on that side of the ball via free agency and the draft.

That's what I want. take it or leave it. Tell me I'm a damn fool, I don't really care what you think of me. This defense is killing us. All we need to do is fix the back end of it and we're a really really good team.
exactly! you say it better than I do. with even an ave defense we are a playoff team this year. I think it would be safer to just get someone in to fix the defense then get rid of the whole staff. I don't think Kubiak should have a say in who that is because he has already missed twice.
Old 11-21-2010   #67
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my take on it. Kubiak has made mistakes in the past by hiring friends over the best available person. If he's willing to admit that it's a mistake and stop hiring his friends and instead get a solid DC pick, I would agree give Kubiak another shot.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #68
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Here's my take on it. Kubiak has made mistakes in the past by hiring friends over the best available person. If he's willing to admit that it's a mistake and stop hiring his friends and instead get a solid DC pick, I would agree give Kubiak another shot.
This.

Hence my thread on who is out there for the DC spot.
Old 11-21-2010   #69
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Fair, balanced & cohesive post OMT. I don't think you're a fool.

For what its worth, Harrison & Dungy just talked about our latest follie & harrison & Dungy said that the cb's should've been playing inside technique on the braylon edwards catch & of course wilson wasn't in position. i think its pretty clear Bush is in over his head & needs to go.
They also said that someone from the Texans defensive coaching staff needed to be fired...I guess we'll see if that happens.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #70
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

is this a serious thread?

i'm missing the sarcasm somewhere I know it!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #71
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

is this a serious thread?

i'm missing the sarcasm somewhere I know it!
I honestly think it was started to raise my blood pressure and decide that the universe is coming to an end.. I could be overly paranoid though.
Old 11-21-2010   #72
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
I honestly think it was started to raise my blood pressure and decide that the universe is coming to an end.. I could be overly paranoid though.
I probably should of worded it different. Just to help with your blood pressure. How about "I would'nt be opposed to keeping Kubiak if we get a new dc". that would probably raise most of your blood pressure's as well. Maybe not as much. I think it's at least worth an argument.
Old 11-21-2010   #73
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Many will blame Kubiak for his time management/play calling, but I think a lot of what happens in the final 2 minutes... and final 30 seconds is all on Schaub. We continually waste way too much time.
While I agree with you about it being on Schaub, it's also on Kubiak. He is the QB coach. He tutors Schaub on how to act in these situations. He has watched Schaub manage the clock poorly in these situations time and time again. Why can't he teach the guy to get better at it? Seems to me that Schaub is doing what Kubiak is teaching him or Schaub is uncoachable. Which do you believe it is?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #74
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I probably should of worded it different. Just to help with your blood pressure. How about "I would'nt be opposed to keeping Kubiak if we get a new dc". that would probably raise most of your blood pressure's as well. Maybe not as much. I think it's at least worth an argument.
Well.. to be honest.. after the Rick Smith fiasco.. and now Frank Bush.. my faith in Kubiak has diminished to a negative balance.
Old 11-21-2010   #75
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF happend

Wasent our D last year like top 10 in D

and now we are the worst in History !!!!!!!!!!!!!

what happend ??????????? Did losing DUnta and Reeves really effect us this much

Maybe Richard Smith wasent tha Problem
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #76
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
Well.. to be honest.. after the Rick Smith fiasco.. and now Frank Bush.. my faith in Kubiak has diminished to a negative balance.

Kubes hires his buddies has his coaches

Bob needs to FIre Kubes buddies and Get a Proven DC
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #77
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
WTF happend

coaches coach & players play....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #78
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
WTF happend

I think not keeping reeves was the biggest mistake. he was our best corner last year. he might have been hurt, i heard something about that?

whoever is f'ing with our corner backs might be the biggest problem. but like a lot of you are saying if kubes want's to be more than oc he should of figured that out and fixed it. Still think it would be easier to fix it for him and let him stay though.
Old 11-21-2010   #79
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Quote:
Kubes hires his buddies has his coaches

Bob needs to FIre Kubes buddies and Get a Proven DC
Amen to that Norg.
Old 11-21-2010   #80
overtrained
Rookie

Section: 139
Rep Power: 0 overtrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performerovertrained is a Legendary performer

Sorry if already stated but....since Kubiak was hired EVERY other team in the NFL has made the playoffs or fired their coach. Proof is in the pudding and Kubiak has failed.
overtrained is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read