Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #41
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: keep kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I mispoke. I meant to say that you're going to have the head coach making mistakes with a rookie head coach that an experienced coach wouldn't make. There's definitely going to be some growing pains with a new coach for the players.

I would much rather see us bring in an experienced head coach with some wins under his belt. I just don't see any of the former coaches who are in the booth now coming back to coaching.
Like Dom Capers? I mean people are clamoring for an experienced this or that, Its gonna be a crap shoot either way.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #42
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Quality offenses don't have to play catchup every single week, after scoring minimal points in the first half.

Quality offenses control the ball for the WHOLE game. This is one of those cases where lofty stats are misleading and provide no insight as to the true effectiveness of this offense.
Watching the NE/ Indy game?

Most people would say that Indy has a quality offense.
Old 11-21-2010   #43
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Watching the NE/ Indy game?

Most people would say that Indy has a quality offense.
Just what I was going to say. And if the Colts win, it wouldn't be the first time that Manning came back after 3 quarters of average play to put up 21 points in the last quarter to come from behind and win.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #44
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Just what I was going to say. And if the Colts win, it wouldn't be the first time that Manning came back after 3 quarters of average play to put up 21 points in the last quarter to come from behind and win.
So you are comparing us to a team who has owned this division since the Texans' inception. You want to point at one game, or even one season, WRT the Colts and make a comparison based on that? Good one.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #45
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to argue with those that want Kubiak fired (reality would be that the entire top coaching staff would be canned once a new HC comes in). There are plenty of reasons for us to be feeling like we need a widespread change, and many of them completely valid.

I just don't see Kubiak as being at fault during this game. The two biggest things that frustrated me today were (1) Schaub's poor time management at the end of the first half and (2) our terrible secondary; particularly extremely poor safety play... yet again.

Many will blame Kubiak for his time management/play calling, but I think a lot of what happens in the final 2 minutes... and final 30 seconds is all on Schaub. We continually waste way too much time.

The biggest thing is our Secondary. The Loss today is FULLY on them. Not Kubiak. Our offense engineered a drive to get us into the lead and then another to extend the lead and force the Jets to score a TD instead of a FG. Our offense played a very aggressive, physical, and good Jets defense and won those matchups. Our defense failed this team yet again.

Troy Nolan and Eugene Wilson were both constantly out of position and taking terrible angles on the ball. If we had even remotely better play from them we would have won. This team would easily be 6-4 right now (because of wins the last two weeks) with minutely better secondary play. That would have us in a 1st place tie in our division.

So many want Kubiak canned and that's fine. I don't call you stupid or dumb... I think you have reason to be upset. I think this is definitely a playoff team and can reach the super bowl if only our defense gets better. I'd like a really good proven DC that can teach these guys up and fire them up. We're now giving up 30 ppg and last in the NFL. I want Kubiak to stay in place, call the offense, keep doing what he's doing... but for us to (1) bring in a new DC that calls the defense and is in charge of that on game day too and (2) bring in some playmakers on that side of the ball via free agency and the draft.

That's what I want. take it or leave it. Tell me I'm a damn fool, I don't really care what you think of me. This defense is killing us. All we need to do is fix the back end of it and we're a really really good team.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #46
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Maybe, but we'd also have a 100% chance of not getting someone who has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he cannot win in this city.
thats why I would'nt argue if he was fired. but those odds are a little over the top. If 3 plays go our way in the last 3 games we are probably 7 and 3 instead of 4 and 6. you can argue that winning coaches find a way to change those plays but i can argue back that the coaches who's teams make those plays or called winning coaches after the fact. there is a lot more luck involved in winning than anyone cares to admit.
Old 11-21-2010   #47
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Who do you think chose to keep the players on defense that are on this team?
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #48
cdollaz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
thats why I would'nt argue if he was fired. but those odds are a little over the top. If 3 plays go our way in the last 3 games we are probably 7 and 3 instead of 4 and 6. you can argue that winning coaches find a way to change those plays but i can argue back that the coaches who's teams make those plays or called winning coaches after the fact. there is a lot more luck involved in winning than anyone cares to admit.
What about the last 3 seasons, when we have also lost close games and/or blown games at the end? Is that just bad luck also?
Old 11-21-2010   #49
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm not going to argue with those that want Kubiak fired (reality would be that the entire top coaching staff would be canned once a new HC comes in). There are plenty of reasons for us to be feeling like we need a widespread change, and many of them completely valid.

I just don't see Kubiak as being at fault during this game. The two biggest things that frustrated me today were (1) Schaub's poor time management at the end of the first half and (2) our terrible secondary; particularly extremely poor safety play... yet again.

Many will blame Kubiak for his time management/play calling, but I think a lot of what happens in the final 2 minutes... and final 30 seconds is all on Schaub. We continually waste way too much time.

The biggest thing is our Secondary. The Loss today is FULLY on them. Not Kubiak. Our offense engineered a drive to get us into the lead and then another to extend the lead and force the Jets to score a TD instead of a FG. Our offense played a very aggressive, physical, and good Jets defense and won those matchups. Our defense failed this team yet again.

Troy Nolan and Eugene Wilson were both constantly out of position and taking terrible angles on the ball. If we had even remotely better play from them we would have won. This team would easily be 6-4 right now (because of wins the last two weeks) with minutely better secondary play. That would have us in a 1st place tie in our division.

So many want Kubiak canned and that's fine. I don't call you stupid or dumb... I think you have reason to be upset. I think this is definitely a playoff team and can reach the super bowl if only our defense gets better. I'd like a really good proven DC that can teach these guys up and fire them up. We're now giving up 30 ppg and last in the NFL. I want Kubiak to stay in place, call the offense, keep doing what he's doing... but for us to (1) bring in a new DC that calls the defense and is in charge of that on game day too and (2) bring in some playmakers on that side of the ball via free agency and the draft.

That's what I want. take it or leave. Tell me I'm a damn fool, I don't really care what you think of me. This defense is killing us. All we need to do is fix the back end of it and we're a really really good team.
I agree with you and don't think you're a fool. Others may and they are entitled to their opinion. I have called Kubiak out on numerous stupid decisions these past few years but I think those have been fixed for the most part. There's a reason our offense is ranked so high in offensive efficiency on footballoutsiders.com. It's mostly his doing. My fear is that bringing in a defensive head coach can destroy all that work. That being said, the coaching staff in its current state has to change. Whether Kubiak stays and we bring in a new DC or we fire Kubiak and clean house I'm ok with it as long as we can maintain our offensive prowess.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #50
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
What about the last 3 seasons, when we have also lost close games and/or blown games at the end? Is that just bad luck also?
I don't know. I'm just pretty sure you guys don't either. Maybe he is doing something wrong. I'm not sure how the last 3 games are his fault. It does keep happening though. So maybe get rid of him.

I don't think it's obvious though and I like the in game coaching for the last few games. I like the choices that have been made. He's corrected a lot of his flaws. He is even better on his challanges this year. He is to slow to make changes but once he makes a change he seems to get it right.

something has to be done. I just don't know if firing everyone is the best choice.
Old 11-21-2010   #51
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

here is my obligatory reply to the "we were 1 play away from winning 3 other games" that people keep using:

we were also 1 play away from losing 2 more (Skins, Chiefs)
Old 11-21-2010   #52
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought the team played good today. One bad break at the end. I thought it would be a blowout. Playing the jets that close on their home field is playing at a high level. Now you can argue we need a better coach to teach this team how to finish or win. but to say they didnt play good is stupid.
The players may play at a high level or give a good effort, but they are coached for shit and if you can't see that then I wish you all the best.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #53
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who thinks Kubiak should remain HC is delusional.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #54
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who wants to keep Kubiak at this point is a sadomasochist IMO. Throw him out like yesterday's garbage. Frank Bush should kill himself if he had any honor.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #55
cdollaz
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know. I'm just pretty sure you guys don't either. Maybe he is doing something wrong. I'm not sure how the last 3 games are his fault. It does keep happening though. So maybe get rid of him.

I don't think it's obvious though and I like the in game coaching for the last few games. I like the choices that have been made. He's corrected a lot of his flaws. He is even better on his challanges this year. He is to slow to make changes but once he makes a change he seems to get it right.
When is he going to make an in-game choice, in the first half, that will lead to more than 7 points in that half.

Bottom line: he has had 5 years, and we have plateaud. That is 100% on the head coach, period. Other than better offensive stats, we have accomplished nothing in the past 5 years, as compared to the previous 4 years.
Old 11-21-2010   #56
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Anyone who wants to keep Kubiak at this point is a sadomasochist IMO. Throw him out like yesterday's garbage. Frank Bush should kill himself if he had any honor.
i laughed irl. i don't want Bush dead but still this was funny.
Old 11-21-2010   #57
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's what I want. take it or leave it. Tell me I'm a damn fool, I don't really care what you think of me. This defense is killing us. All we need to do is fix the back end of it and we're a really really good team.

Fair, balanced & cohesive post OMT. I don't think you're a fool.

For what its worth, Harrison & Dungy just talked about our latest follie & harrison & Dungy said that the cb's should've been playing inside technique on the braylon edwards catch & of course wilson wasn't in position. i think its pretty clear Bush is in over his head & needs to go.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #58
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am with you on this. I think Kubiak has been a fine coach and if fired will go on to success like some for Texans players. I hate to see this team, the fans, Kubiak and McNair let down by bone headed coaching by an incompetent defensive staff. Really, this team is one good DC away....
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #59
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 300 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its a little funny that once expectations are high and the coaches start making mistakes people want them fired, but when they make the same mistakes when expectation are low the teams "growing" or "getting better". I mean really how many times have the texans under kubiak lost a game in the final seconds? (whether they blew a lead or came back to lose) How many times has Peyton come back from 17 to win? How many times have the Titans come back with a last second field goal or a VY splitting of the texans D like the red sea?? The Jags?? its ridiculous, and it all falls on the HC and the mentality he instills in his players. You really want to keep that? really? I say fire frank bush and david gibbs NOW, and make rhodes the D cord for the rest of the season. Fire kubiak at the end of the season, whether theres football next year or not, and hire someone whos not an offensive Cord at best.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #60
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoX View Post
I am with you on this. I think Kubiak has been a fine coach and if fired will go on to success like some for Texans players. I hate to see this team, the fans, Kubiak and McNair let down by bone headed coaching by an incompetent defensive staff. Really, this team is one good DC away....
And has been one good DC away for 5 years now. Kubiak needs more OC time and hopefully he can learn to leave his personal friendships at the door when he comes to work. His inability to hold his staff accountable is a major flaw. Really wanted him to work out here. Really did. He just isn't the right coach for this team. It's not personal with me. I don't hate the guy or wish him ill. It's just not working out and it is time to move on.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read