Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default keep kubiak

I think he is maturing as a coach. I like the fact he ran the ball 3 times with foster and did'nt try some bs play to let the clock stop. Make the other team go 80 yards in 50 sec with no time outs. I can't see how any person with any real football knowledge disagrees with that. I think his team was prepared to play even after the horrible loss last week. The team does'nt quit. I think he is turning into a good head coach that did'nt know much about the defensive side of the ball and he listened to the wrong people. With any type of defense we are 8 and 2 this year.

there are two conditions. first the team must keep playing at a high level for the rest of this year. Next we have to replace Bus. Kubiak should hand the defense over to the new guy and stay out of the way, draft picks included and he also should not have a vote in who the new guy is. That should be left to Mcnair and Smith.

I can't argue if he is fired, i'm just saying what I would do.
Old 11-21-2010   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: keep kubiak

Bob is that you???
Old 11-21-2010   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually agree with you on this. I think firing him is a defensible position, but this d coordinator is killing us. I also don't think you allow Kubiak to pick out the d coordinator. Get someone who is proven and clean house with the position coaches on defense. These guys need to start over from the ground up.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, depending on how the rest of the season goes I may decide that I'd want to keep Kubiak around.

But there neeeds to be major changes on the defense...

As much as I have bashed on Kubiak though, I want to atleast see how he does the rest of this season before I officially call for his head.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i say we jump utah mark
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 27940 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't keep a coach who has hired Richard Smith and Frank Bush.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I actually agree with you on this. I think firing him is a defensible position, but this d coordinator is killing us. I also don't think you allow Kubiak to pick out the d coordinator. Get someone who is proven and clean house with the position coaches on defense. These guys need to start over from the ground up.
If a head coach can't be trusted to hire a DC, he can't be trusted as a HC.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This team is not winning keep Gary my butt.
Old 11-21-2010   #10
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
If a head coach can't be trusted to hire a DC, he can't be trusted as a HC.
this. His two DC hires, and his last OC hire, indicate to me that loyalty and friendship is more important than winning. He simply can't be trusted to put the teams interest first.
Old 11-21-2010   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, at least he can walk around and give the tour of the facility to Cowher before he's out the door.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #12
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I have seen and heard of him, Kubiak is a great person, a great human being and class act. However, as a head coach in the NFL, he is just NOT getting it done. No playoffs and he needs to go.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I think he is maturing as a coach. I like the fact he ran the ball 3 times with foster and did'nt try some bs play to let the clock stop. Make the other team go 80 yards in 50 sec with no time outs. I can't see how any person with any real football knowledge disagrees with that. I think his team was prepared to play even after the horrible loss last week. The team does'nt quit. I think he is turning into a good head coach that did'nt know much about the defensive side of the ball and he listened to the wrong people. With any type of defense we are 8 and 2 this year.

there are two conditions. first the team must keep playing at a high level for the rest of this year. Next we have to replace Bus. Kubiak should hand the defense over to the new guy and stay out of the way, draft picks included and he also should not have a vote in who the new guy is. That should be left to Mcnair and Smith.

I can't argue if he is fired, i'm just saying what I would do.
I love that those two segments were written by the same person in the same post.

Kubiak sucks, has forever, get rid of him. He peaked at 9-7.

You've got to be kidding me. Kidding, right? No?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_VVV...eature=related
Old 11-21-2010   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
From what I have seen and heard of him, Kubiak is a great person, a great human being and class act. However, as a head coach in the NFL, he is just NOT getting it done. No playoffs and he needs to go.
sounds like the David Carr of HCs.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is a good coach. He has improved this team dramatically.

My biggest question is his choice of coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Both from a scheme perspective and a ability to develop talent perspective.

I would also look at the scouting program to see why we can't seem to bring in any effective DBs.

The fact he still has the team on his side speaks volumes about his leadership ability.

I also have backed off my criticism of his playcalling and scheme as many of our faults of last year have actually improved.

I can live with keeping him if we have a new DC again.
Old 11-21-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Are they playing the Titans next week?
Old 11-21-2010   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Kubiak is a good coach. He has improved this team dramatically.

My biggest question is his choice of coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Both from a scheme perspective and a ability to develop talent perspective.

I would also look at the scouting program to see why we can't seem to bring in any effective DBs.

The fact he still has the team on his side speaks volumes about his leadership ability.

I also have backed off my criticism of his playcalling and scheme as many of our faults of last year have actually improved.

I can live with keeping him if we have a new DC again.
So you love it that he completely disregarded the possibity of getting a FG before the half? Cut it out. He pulls this shit game-in and game-out, year-in and year-out.

Kubiak is just the Head Loser in this case.
Old 11-21-2010   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't even watch this game (yet), but I'll tell you what I see and why Kubiak should be fired:

This high-profile offense only scored 7 points in the first half again and, while that's a slight improvement, it's still unexceptable from an offensive guru/HC. I bet they got their butts kicked in TOP in the first half again too....didn't they? I bet the D was exhausted and falling apart by half-time again....weren't they? I'll bet we would have won this game AGAIN if there'd just been another 5:00 on the clock....wouldn't we?

Kubiak can't even motivate the part of the team he built really well before a game. The D is bad, but he can't even motivate his offense not to make the D worse.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

No, no, no. He is personally held responsible for hiring these clowns to run the defense, and by keeping him, you are not holding ANYONE on the franchise accountable for anything. Kubiak went the easy route and hired one of his buddies instead of hiring a proven NFL DC, can his a$$
Old 11-21-2010   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I didn't even watch this game (yet), but I'll tell you what I see and why Kubiak should be fired:

This high-profile offense only scored 7 points in the first half again and, while that's a slight improvement, it's still unexceptable from an offensive guru/HC. I bet they got their butts kicked in TOP in the first half again too....didn't they? I bet the D was exhausted and falling apart by half-time again....weren't they? I'll bet we would have won this game AGAIN if there'd just been another 5:00 on the clock....wouldn't we?

Kubiak can't even motivate the part of the team he built really well before a game. The D is bad, but he can't even motivate his offense not to make the D worse.

They outgained the Jets and had the ball for about a minute more in the first half, but that's not even the point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read