Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This team is cursed

We will never win. EVER. We are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. Someone walked into our stadium with a goat and cursed us forever.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #2
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team is cursed

we just have a bunch of players who don't know how to win. they know how to lose.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nah bro, it was the Tony Boselli pick...remember that one?!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Not cursed at all. The team sucks because Gary Kubiak did not hire a competent defensive coordinator.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #5
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston football fans. Living in the shadow of cowboys fans for 50 years.
Old 11-21-2010   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: This team is cursed

Nah - the Kubiak regime is one that was of 'yes men.' For instance, lying about being able to save Carr to get the job. They're all good buddies and cover each other's asses. They need to clean house and put someone in charge who a) will say back off McNair, you hired me to save this franchise I'll do what I want I don't care who you had over for Thanksgiving dinner and b) will fire someone when they suck.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been saying for years we need to laser guide bomb the astrodome

then Sacrifice 53 Bulls in da parking lot only with the blood of 53 bulls can we break this curse

How can we move on from the oilers if that pimple is right next to relient
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not a cursed team. A team that does not understand how to win.
Old 11-21-2010   #9
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Not cursed at all. The team sucks because Gary Kubiak did not hire a competent defensive coordinator.
Gotta agree. But as Kubiak likes to say, "it is on me" Easy decision here make a change. The NFL is very COMPETITIVE and one play CAN make a difference contrary to what others on this board say, coaching can make a difference. THIS TEAM IN NOT CURSED IT IS POORLY LED in all areas.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL has so much parity that I cannot see a team being the the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

I think we just aren't that good right now.

I would have liked to have seen us atleast maintain our effectiveness in many areas, but instead we have mostly regressed all over the place.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #11
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

As a Houston fan.. we should all be pretty immune to having our hearts ripped out by now. This is par for the course. The Football Gods have taken a massive dump on us, as fans, once again.
Old 11-21-2010   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are cursed

The oilers SUCKED when did they jump into the leauge like the 60's

SUcked ever since thats like 50 YEARS of SUCK if thats not a curse i dont know what is

The Dream is our only saving grace wit da rockets There should be a Stature of Hakkheam
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

They don't just need to change coordinators but everything including Rick and especially any consultants they have on hand.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately as we saw with the Oilers, it starts from the top. Unless Bob McNair changes I don't think anything is going to change for the better.

I really learned a lot this week watching a documentary on Bill Parcells on the NFL Network. Bob McNair really needs to watch that 1 hour piece on Parcells. Maybe it will clue him in on how to run a successful NFL franchise.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are cursed because I'm a fan.

I'm cursed.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #16
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Nah - the Kubiak regime is one that was of 'yes men.' For instance, lying about being able to save Carr to get the job. They're all good buddies and cover each other's asses. They need to clean house and put someone in charge who a) will say back off McNair, you hired me to save this franchise I'll do what I want I don't care who you had over for Thanksgiving dinner and b) will fire someone when they suck.
Kubiak's a good coach. He's a terrible evaluator of other coaching talent, though. The ONLY way I'd be willing to accept Kubiak staying another season is if McNair forces a firing of the defensive staff and forces a hiring of the defensive staff HE wants (like Bud Adams did to Pardee with bringing in Buddy Ryan and then Jeff Fisher - worked out well for that franchise, don't you think?)
Old 11-21-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Kubiak's a good coach. He's a terrible evaluator of other coaching talent, though. The ONLY way I'd be willing to accept Kubiak staying another season is if McNair forces a firing of the defensive staff and forces a hiring of the defensive staff HE wants (like Bud Adams did to Pardee with bringing in Buddy Ryan and then Jeff Fisher - worked out well for that franchise, don't you think?)
Your 2nd sentence contradicts the 1st.
Old 11-21-2010   #18
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I would be ok with that. Get rid of the entire defensive staff and start over.
I could understand if McNair cleans house with the coaching staff though. Even with Kubes not being a defensive guy, he has to be responsible for the guys he brings in.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Calling it a curse is like aiming at a picture when you have the guy you want standing right next to it.
Old 11-21-2010   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

.....with terrible talent evaluators.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read