Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ***Roughly 18 Hours of Posting Gone***

I have been up all night so will keep it short and sweet. Due to upgrade issues with our server company we had to migrate again to another server. This should have been done seamlessly however one of their tech guys synched the database backwards causing us to basically lose Saturday's postings. I will just leave it at that. I apologize for this and am going to bed.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ***Roughly 18 Hours of Posting Gone***

Whew! That's a relief... I thought I was stuck in a groundhog day like loop.
Old 11-21-2010   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin you need not apoligize for anything and your efforts are greatly appreciated. You have gone above and beyond time and time again to make this message board what it is and it is the best that the Texans have to offer. Thank you for your time to help with this problem and get your much needed rest.
Old 11-21-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

thank you Hookem Horns for all the work and support you give to the board.

rep to you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

You've had more than your share of frustrating techie problems. But you can expect to have no problems from a very grateful MB base. Must spread the rep.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

No worries, and thanks for all the work you do!
Old 11-21-2010   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Aint no thang but a chicken wang. Thanks for the hard work, and this forum. I don't know what I would do without it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

No worries-you do a great job keeping us all here.
Great big thanks from those of us do not live in Texas/Houston who rely on this site for our Texans info and friendships.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well, it's better than Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #10
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured it was a conspiracy to remove all the game posts from the A&M / Nebraska game thread.

Whoop!!!!
Old 11-21-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I figured it was a conspiracy to remove all the game posts from the A&M / Nebraska game thread.

Whoop!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for everything
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whoop!!!!
I knew that would come up ...lol. Believe it or not I normally root for Aggie when they are not playing us. Great win yesterday, I enjoyed it.
Old 11-21-2010   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have been up all night so will keep it short and sweet. Due to upgrade issues with our server company we had to migrate again to another server. This should have been done seamlessly however one of their tech guys synched the database backwards causing us to basically lose Saturday's postings. I will just leave it at that. I apologize for this and am going to bed.
Ugh.. are they giving you some free time credit, data loss in excusable as a hosting company..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #15
Red_Zone
Achtung Baby!

Rep Power: 103326 Red_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respectedRed_Zone is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Red_Zone

Thanks for all your work HH, I guess my 18 points of lost rep pales in comparison to your loss of sleep lol but I hate that some really good posts got lost in the NSZ. But in the end we're back and that's what matters.
Old 11-21-2010   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Ugh.. are they giving you some free time credit, data loss in excusable as a hosting company..
Yeah, they gave me 2 weeks to migrate. I moved the board over 2 weeks ago to this server however wasn't ready to go live on the new server until last night.

I sent them a ticket that I was ready to go live and to synchronize the databases. I received an answer that the DBs were synchronized and low and behold both boards had the last post as 2 weeks ago instead of a couple of hours ago. You know what that means right? They updated using the wrong db causing us to lose 2 weeks of posts.

So what we had to do is restore the db from the daily backup. That is why we lost only 18 hours opposed to 2 weeks.

Needless to say I was pretty irate however what do you do? At that point I knew there was nothing to do but restore from the backup. You might recall a couple of weeks ago when I first started the migration they accidently deleted the db on the live site, causing us to be down during gameday.

These guys have saved my butt a few times and until these last 2 instances have done a great job. It is what it is.
Old 11-21-2010   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance we can lose the last 18 hours too and pretend this whole farce of a game never happened?
Old 11-21-2010   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Any chance we can lose the last 18 hours too and pretend this whole farce of a game never happened?
Actually I would like to lose the last 10 years with this pathetic franchise.
Old 11-21-2010   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Yeah, they gave me 2 weeks to migrate. I moved the board over 2 weeks ago to this server however wasn't ready to go live on the new server until last night.

I sent them a ticket that I was ready to go live and to synchronize the databases. I received an answer that the DBs were synchronized and low and behold both boards had the last post as 2 weeks ago instead of a couple of hours ago. You know what that means right? They updated using the wrong db causing us to lose 2 weeks of posts.

So what we had to do is restore the db from the daily backup. That is why we lost only 18 hours opposed to 2 weeks.

Needless to say I was pretty irate however what do you do? At that point I knew there was nothing to do but restore from the backup. You might recall a couple of weeks ago when I first started the migration they accidently deleted the db on the live site, causing us to be down during gameday.

These guys have saved my butt a few times and until these last 2 instances have done a great job. It is what it is.
I'd still ask them to offer me a free month, they were still responsible for the data loss.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #20
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whoop!!!!

I thought the very same thing....that being said I am now glad for the data loss

Congrats to all you Aggie fans

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read