Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default What's a good ypc for Foster against the Jets?

We know he probably won't get 20+ carries.

The Jets have been allowing 3.2 ypc.

How do you think Foster will do against the Jets??

& When I say Foster, I mean Winston, hopefully Brisiel, Myers, Smith, & Brown... plus a few WR & TE blocks as well.
Old 11-19-2010   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's a good ypc for Foster against the Jets?

If he gets 10 ypc and we lose... it wasn't enough.

If he gest 1 ypc and we win... it was enough.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking 16 ypc. We give him the rock 32 times and he racks up a total of 512 rushing yards and then another 79 yards receiving. I think we'll win if that happens.

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Truth is 3.2 is fine. That leaves 3rd and 3.6. An under 5 yard pass is very hard to defend. I suspect he will top that average however. His season average may come down but their average will go up.
Old 11-19-2010   #5
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd expect about 4ypc. We are very good at running the ball.
Old 11-19-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'd expect about 4ypc. We are very good at running the ball.
We couldn't run it against the Giants.... That's what worries me.

Are we "good" or have we benefitted from playing the Colts twice??

Know what I mean?
Old 11-19-2010   #7
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We couldn't run it against the Giants.... That's what worries me.

Are we "good" or have we benefitted from playing the Colts twice??

Know what I mean?
We only tried 11 times with Foster. If we commit to the run game good things will happen.

You wear a defense like the Giants down over time.
Old 11-19-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope to see a good mixture in our O game plan including some quick screens and a play action or two. Nothing is as sweet as seeing AJ haul in a long one and cross the plane of glass. We can not have the Jets focusing on any one area of our O. Hopefully Walters and JJ open it up a bit and hang on to the ball. Give Matt some confidence in them early and he will go berserk.
Old 11-19-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
We only tried 11 times with Foster. If we commit to the run game good things will happen.

You wear a defense like the Giants down over time.
I hear you.....

KC was supposed to be a good run defense team. Foster broke 3.9 ypc against them.

The Chargers were supposed to be good, Foster went for 4.7 against them.

I don't think either KC or the Chargers are as good as their stats say they are.... hence our OL & Foster were able to have good days against them. If only they'd have been used more.

Anyway, the Giants... Foster had 2.3 ypc..... are real... I'm thinking the Jets are real as well, they are giving up 3.4

IMO, if Foster gets at least 3.4 ypc, then we are real.

Does that make any sense?
Old 11-19-2010   #10
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

It does, but I would put a caveat on that stipulating that Foster has to have 20 attempts to make it a decent sample size.

At least with those efforts against KC and SD it shows we can run against a 3-4 defense.
Old 11-19-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
It does, but I would put a caveat on that stipulating that Foster has to have 20 attempts to make it a decent sample size.

At least with those efforts against KC and SD it shows we can run against a 3-4 defense.
True, I think we also had our way with San Francisco last year.....

Edit: maybe not, we ran for 90 yards at 3.3 ypc.... not good, not bad.. meh....
Old 11-19-2010   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

High 3's low 4's in my book. If your running game is good, you can go roughshod over terrible run defenses and be respectable against the good ones. The Chargers have a pretty good defense, it's been wacky ST hinjinx that have hurt them in their losses.
Old 11-23-2010   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We know he probably won't get 20+ carries.

The Jets have been allowing 3.2 ypc.

How do you think Foster will do against the Jets??

& When I say Foster, I mean Winston, hopefully Brisiel, Myers, Smith, & Brown... plus a few WR & TE blocks as well.
The Jets average has jumped to 3.5 ypc..... Arian Foster ran for 84 yards on 22 carries....... 3.8 ypc.

On the #5 rated defense vs the run.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read