Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default You're a Texan.... how would you react?

Just out of curiosity after the failed Hail Mary defense:

If you were Quin, how would you react?

If you were McCain, how would you react?

If you were Andre or Arian, how would you react?
Old 11-17-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You're a Texan.... how would you react?

Old 11-17-2010   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be pissed, down like my dog just died, and ashamed. I sure as hell wouldn't be on the radio the next day giggling like a school girl when a caller was mocking me big time. (added Pollard to the list).

I'm not saying I would be like that for the whole week, but the day of, and day after the game I would.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #4
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

If im Andre im wondering "Why didnt they put me in the endzone to make a jump on the ball like other teams do in hailmary type situations..." The Pats when they had Moss would put him in for hail mary plays as im sure other teams do if they have a big receiver.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were a Texan I would have been alright because I worked hard at practice last week. I would work a little harder in practice this week in hopes that it would translate to Sundays. I would also know that the coaches would work at putting me in a better position on the field this Sunday. No big deal. Bring on the Jets.

Old 11-17-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
If I were a Texan I would have been alright because I worked hard at practice last week. I would work a little harder in practice this week in hopes that it would translate to Sundays. I would also know that the coaches would work at putting me in a better position on the field this Sunday. No big deal. Bring on the Jets.

Is that you Kubes?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I were Quin... Probably wouldn't say anything that day, to anyone.... go about my business, clean up... leave the facility. The next day, I'm coming in & I'm the new Sherif. McCain, Jackson, time to step it up. Wilson, Pollard, time to earn your money. ON the practice field, I'm not waiting for a coach to fix a mistake. I'll stop mid play.. "B what are you doing? You've got to widen out faster than that..... Wilson, you've got to cheat to this side..... c'mon guys we gotta get this right." Anytime someone goes half ass, I'm on them (on the secondary). Anytime there are lots of possiblilities, I'm in Jackson's ear, making sure he saw what he's supposed to see, make sure he's thinking what he's supposed to be thinking..... & my pet project, would be Mr. McCain.... "move your locker right here, next to mine. Where I go, you go, what I do, you do...... you owe me big time & it's going to be the rest of the season paying me off."

Any other Texan not in the secondary, Quin would have my full support.

McMannis: "Hell, Quinn done got the big head....... "

Andre, Cushing, Winston, Cody, Leach, etc... "Shut up fool, listen to the man & do your job."

If I'm in the secondary, I'd feel so bad I'd feel like I owe Quin something. Whatever he says, I respect his game, I respect his advice, he's the new Captain.
Old 11-17-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
If im Andre im wondering "Why didnt they put me in the endzone to make a jump on the ball like other teams do in hailmary type situations..." The Pats when they had Moss would put him in for hail mary plays as im sure other teams do if they have a big receiver.
Yeah, they should have put in AJ & KW. And maybe the guys that were supposed to screen out the receivers could have done their job also.
Old 11-18-2010   #9
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If I were Quin... Probably wouldn't say anything that day, to anyone.... go about my business, clean up... leave the facility. The next day, I'm coming in & I'm the new Sherif. McCain, Jackson, time to step it up. Wilson, Pollard, time to earn your money. ON the practice field, I'm not waiting for a coach to fix a mistake. I'll stop mid play.. "B what are you doing? You've got to widen out faster than that..... Wilson, you've got to cheat to this side..... c'mon guys we gotta get this right." Anytime someone goes half ass, I'm on them (on the secondary). Anytime there are lots of possiblilities, I'm in Jackson's ear, making sure he saw what he's supposed to see, make sure he's thinking what he's supposed to be thinking..... & my pet project, would be Mr. McCain.... "move your locker right here, next to mine. Where I go, you go, what I do, you do...... you owe me big time & it's going to be the rest of the season paying me off."

Any other Texan not in the secondary, Quin would have my full support.

McMannis: "Hell, Quinn done got the big head....... "

Andre, Cushing, Winston, Cody, Leach, etc... "Shut up fool, listen to the man & do your job."

If I'm in the secondary, I'd feel so bad I'd feel like I owe Quin something. Whatever he says, I respect his game, I respect his advice, he's the new Captain.
Definitely not following...what could possibly make him a leader after that terrible performance? Not just the tip, but tackling people 5 yards out of bounds???
Old 11-18-2010   #10
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
Yes let us go ahead and put in Andre Johnson and his already severely sprained ankle in for a "defensive" play and risk him coming down on it wrong or on somebody's foot, hurting it worse than it already is, and possibly loosing him for the season just to send a game into overtime....

Then we would be screaming "WTF WAS OUR BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON DOING PLAYING DEFENSE JUST TO GO TO OVERTIME? KUBIAK YOUR AN F'ING MORON"

Oh and Troy Brown, who use to do it for the Patriots, and Randy Moss is not Andre Johnson therefore expendable if something happened to him...

next....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post
Definitely not following...what could possibly make him a leader after that terrible performance? Not just the tip, but tackling people 5 yards out of bounds???
Not that it matters now, but it was Nolan called for that
Old 11-18-2010   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

If I'm on the team, I'm praying Mr. McNair is talking to some fire breathing dragons to be the next HC.

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 11-18-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I laughed a lot after seeing that catch, but it's not my job to win football games.
Old 11-18-2010   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Cash my check. Have a few drinks while contemplating how powerless the players are to change the systematic problems on the team. Go out next week and do my best in the broken system. Try not to get hurt. Hope McNair does what he should have done at the end of the past two seasons.
Old 11-18-2010   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Cash my check. Have a few drinks while contemplating how powerless the players are to change the systematic problems on the team. Go out next week and do my best in the broken system. Try not to get hurt. Hope McNair does what he should have done at the end of the past two seasons.
yep. But you forgot one: show up at Academy and sign some stuff for an hour every once in awhile.
Old 11-18-2010   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure I'm by myself here, but I don't really blame Quin for this play.

I'll take Kubes at his word when he said they run that drill all the time. Quin probably didn't think that he could catch the ball, so he went for the knock-down.

I'm sure he didn't see Thomas waiting there to catch it. That just defies common sense.

If I'm Quin, then I'm going to chalk it up to bad luck. If I'm any of the other players, then I'd just think that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Plenty of other guys have been postered in the history of sports. The whole secondary has been getting postered all year....this is just the worst one.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read