Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Andre force a trade?
Yes, he's a winner, and wants to leave. 18 28.57%
No, Andre loves Houston, and will make it work. 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2010   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If the ship continues to sink will AJ force a trade?

I love me some AJ, I was a little upset at the begining of camp, but he returned to humble-force-to-be-reckoned-All-Pro-Super-Stud Andre Johnson after one day.

I hope we don't lose him but he deserves more than the Texans seem to be able offer. I hope he retires a Texan, but I'm not banking on it the way things are going.

This team has enough issues, hopefully losing a #1 WR (#1 on this team, and the NFL!!!) won't be one of them next year!!!!

What say you, will Andre be in a Texans uni next year or will he force some kind of trade. (No Lock Out Talk!!!!!!!)
Old 11-16-2010   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the ship continues to sink will AJ force a trade?

I voted that he would not because I truly think he would, but because I think he should.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it depends on the changes (if any) that would be made. If we go with the status quo next season with Kubiak and Co. then I would not be surprised at all if he demanded to be traded. Might even root for the guy to go somewhere else considering how loyal he's been his entire career with nothing to show for it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #4
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I said Yes. I think he is such a winner that he doesn't want to leave, and I don't think he will try to force a trade - he is loyal. But I hope he does, he deserves it. We don't deserve him on our team unless we replace the entire coaching staff at the end of this season.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #5
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I voted that he would not because I truly think he would, but because I think he should.
Oops, looks like you beat me to it.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

No. He's not a primadonna ***** like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss.

If he didn't force a trade by now, he won't.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

look what happened in training camp with his contract and how upset he was how is uncle handled it! hes a texan and hes committed to make this team a winner!!! very unselfish player!!! i can maybe see it happening if hes like 35 and hasnt been to the playoffs
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no clue.

I don't think he'd make a big fuss about it, but I think that as he gets older he would quietly go to management and ask for a trade.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

He would no more force a trade than Earl did...
Old 11-16-2010   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
He would no more force a trade than Earl did...
Actually, Earl did ask for a trade to the Saints. Maybe that's what you're implying?
Old 11-16-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Actually, Earl did ask for a trade to the Saints. Maybe that's what you're implying?

No. He only asked for a trade after Bum went there and Earl was told he was done here, iirc.
Old 11-16-2010   #12
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think he would, otherwise he would have demanded for one by now
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he under a new contract hes not going anywere

unless we get a new regime that deals him in a trade for picks/players or something
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All you "he deserves it" people, what about us the fans?

Do we not deserve to watch a great player on our team?

Thought so.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #15
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is too close to an elite team. We've said that for three years but it's still true. He knows it's a matter of a couple of tweaks here, a coaching change there, and he's in. A trade could mean starting over for him in more than one way. Look at Roy O and Lance B. A trade got them....nothing.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre hired Kennard McGuire, who's a very well-respected agent in the
NFL. If Dre wants a trade, he'll get one. If the Texans slide, and
Kubiak's still here, Dre will have no choice BUT to force a trade.
Old 11-17-2010   #17
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see it now... Bob hires Josh McDaniels who comes in and trades AJ, Arian Foster, Demeco, and Mario for a bag of potato chips, a third round draft pick, and a new hoodie.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, if this team doesn't make the playoffs within two years, and that's only because of the lockout. Most teams would eagerly match McNair's contract.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

All I see is a bunch of people wishing he'd do it.

Retarded ass fanbase.
Old 11-17-2010   #20
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
All I see is a bunch of people wishing he'd do it.

Retarded ass fanbase.

I sure don't "wish" that he would leave. My wish is that he plays 20 seasons, all in Houston. The question was "If the ship continues to sink..." If the Texans actually get worse over the next season or two, then I wouldn't have a problem with him asking for a trade.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read