Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2010   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I think I jinxed the Texans for the season

probably shouldn't have said something about Foster and 2,000.

probably.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think I jinxed the Texans for the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
probably shouldn't have said something about Foster and 2,000.

probably.
Naw that ain't it. He's still the league's leading rusher in yards, TDs and 1st Downs!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

No, it wasn't you. When me and a buddy were walking into Reliant for the Cowboys game, we were discussing - in all seriousness - logistics for the Super Bowl: Whether we would drive up for the entire weekend, just one day, or just the day of the game.

I am convinced that is what did it.

Lesson learned.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
No, it wasn't you. When me and a buddy were walking into Reliant for the Cowboys game, we were discussing - in all seriousness - logistics for the Super Bowl: Whether we would drive up for the entire weekend, just one day, or just the day of the game.

Lesson learned.
"You weren't supposed to tell everyone we were talking about that!" - GK
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lesson learned.

Spartan !!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #6
record
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 record is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respected

No, it was me. I started the Kareem > Dunta post
record is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Spartan !!!

Sigh. I know, I know. I am ashamed.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2010   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

soo much facepalm deserved for this one thread.

Old 11-16-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lesson learned.
Texans and Cowboy players are looking for you. Wade Phillips will sit on you. Gary Kubiak will say it is all on him. Texans fans will agree.
Old 11-16-2010   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm feeling fairly certain that both of these stadiums were built on some kind of ancient burial grounds.

Consider:

1. The Astros always came up short when they were based out of the Astrodome, but once they moved into their new digs, they go to the WS. Unfortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they got swept in the WS.

2. The Houston Oilers won the first two AFL titles when they were playing at Jeppesen Stadium, but as soon as they moved into the Astrodome, they immediately started building a history of choke. It wasn't until the franchise packed up and moved to Tennessee that they finally made it to the SB. Fortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they came up one yard short.

3. The Houston Texans have had 8.5 seasons of existence on these ancient burial grounds, even going to great lengths to practice at the site, as well. And in 8.5 seasons, they've won more games than they lost once...which is still the sole major highlight of the franchise. Fortunately, the Patriots had already clinched and the Kirby demons were starstruck by how pretty Tom Brady is in person.

4. The Houston Rockets never played in the Astrodome and won back-to-back championships. Fortunately, MJ had some demons to resolve so he was out of the NBA for that period.

We need to exorcise the place. Bring in Father Guido Sarducci, Miss Cleo, whoever, to try to restore peace and balance to that site. Otherwise, expect lots of face palms in our futures.
Old 11-16-2010   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I'm feeling fairly certain that both of these stadiums were built on some kind of ancient burial grounds.

Consider:

1. The Astros always came up short when they were based out of the Astrodome, but once they moved into their new digs, they go to the WS. Unfortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they got swept in the WS.

2. The Houston Oilers won the first two AFL titles when they were playing at Jeppesen Stadium, but as soon as they moved into the Astrodome, they immediately started building a history of choke. It wasn't until the franchise packed up and moved to Tennessee that they finally made it to the SB. Fortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they came up one yard short.

3. The Houston Texans have had 8.5 seasons of existence on these ancient burial grounds, even going to great lengths to practice at the site, as well. And in 8.5 seasons, they've won more games than they lost once...which is still the sole major highlight of the franchise. Fortunately, the Patriots had already clinched and the Kirby demons were starstruck by how pretty Tom Brady is in person.

4. The Houston Rockets never played in the Astrodome and won back-to-back championships. Fortunately, MJ had some demons to resolve so he was out of the NBA for that period.

We need to exorcise the place. Bring in Father Guido Sarducci, Miss Cleo, whoever, to try to restore peace and balance to that site. Otherwise, expect lots of face palms in our futures.
But at least we still have the Rodeo and the BBQ cookoff which has always been a winner !!

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
But at least we still have the Rodeo and the BBQ cookoff which has always been a winner !!

That's cause dead Indians like Rodeo, Beer & BBQ...
Old 11-16-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post

heh, demons like their BBQ! Just don't ask me to ride one of those carnie rides...
Old 11-16-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: I think I jinxed the Texans for the season
Old 11-16-2010   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's cause dead Indians like Rodeo, Beer & BBQ...
Pssst, we're Native Americans now
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #16
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

nono guys...

it was me, i made the 'is there any reason...' thread
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

Consider:

Reason #2 to hate this fan base:

Believing in curses.
Old 11-16-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Pssst, we're Native Americans now
I thought we always were...
Old 11-16-2010   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Reason #2 to hate this fan base:

Believing in curses.
lol! You do comprehend attempts at humor, yah? Obviously, finding something funny or not is left to individual perception, but understanding that something was written with tongue in cheek should be fairly easy to understand. I thought mentioning Father Guido Sarducci would have been a clue...

I harbor no belief in ancient burial grounds or curses, and my post was perhaps a misguided attempt to bring levity to this so-called "jinx" thread. My apologies that it did not live up to your apparently high standards for humor or played into your hatred of a fan base.

But feel free to continue to hate an entire fan base because of your generalized perceptions. It's not my cross to bear. Haters gotta' hate, I guess.

Old 11-16-2010   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
lol! You do comprehend attempts at humor, yah? Obviously, finding something funny or not is left to individual perception, but understanding that something was written with tongue in cheek should be fairly easy to understand. I thought mentioning Father Guido Sarducci would have been a clue...

I harbor no belief in ancient burial grounds or curses, and my post was perhaps a misguided attempt to bring levity to this so-called "jinx" thread. My apologies that it did not live up to your apparently high standards for humor or played into your hatred of a fan base.

But feel free to continue to hate an entire fan base because of your generalized perceptions. It's not my cross to bear. Haters gotta' hate, I guess.

oh nah my sarcasm meter went off with the post you made haha.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read