Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up The Texans might beat the Jets

I think the losses this year have made me a little loopy or delusional. I keep having these thoughts that maybe, just maybe the Texans can put it together after a faith rattling loss this past Sunday to the Jaguars and defeat the Jets.

Yes, the Jets, and yes, it is in the Meadowlands. That spells disaster in any language. But I think everyone can agree that this team is talented. Maybe not one of the most talented in the league, but whenever you field Schaub, AJ, Foster, Walter, Cushing, Mario and A. Smith you have a fighters chance, and anything can happen.

I have had an L for this game since the Schedule came out. And you cant blame me. We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change. Our coaching style, schemes, execution from players and that they need to fight tooth and nail to get the job done to get us back on track to a 10 win season and into the playoffs.

I know this is off the wall for me, and probably a pipe dream, but its all i've got for this season. This will be my one and only Texans/Kubiak sunshine club post this year if we lose. In turn you can effectively spend that money you are saving for playoff tickets if they lose this week. The deck is stacked against us, and it wont be an easy task. But nothing in life worth achieving is easy to obtain.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: The Texans might beat the Jets

Rex will have his team ready to go for an AFC matchup.
Old 11-16-2010   #3
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't be holding my breath waiting for a victory that would require our secondary to cover Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery.

We made Ajirotutu look like a Hall of Famer.
Old 11-16-2010   #4
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think the losses this year have made me a little loopy or delusional. I keep having these thoughts that maybe, just maybe the Texans can put it together after a faith rattling loss this past Sunday to the Jaguars and defeat the Jets.

Yes, the Jets, and yes, it is in the Meadowlands. That spells disaster in any language. But I think everyone can agree that this team is talented. Maybe not one of the most talented in the league, but whenever you field Schaub, AJ, Foster, Walter, Cushing, Mario and A. Smith you have a fighters chance, and anything can happen.

I have had an L for this game since the Schedule came out. And you cant blame me. We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change. Our coaching style, schemes, execution from players and that they need to fight tooth and nail to get the job done to get us back on track to a 10 win season and into the playoffs.

I know this is off the wall for me, and probably a pipe dream, but its all i've got for this season. This will be my one and only Texans/Kubiak sunshine club post this year if we lose. In turn you can effectively spend that money you are saving for playoff tickets if they lose this week. The deck is stacked against us, and it wont be an easy task. But nothing in life worth achieving is easy to obtain.
I'm thinking that you need to share whatever it is your taking!!
It sure isn't the kool-aid because that is sour about now.
I really hope you are right and they can pull one out their collective butts and win and I'll be rooting for that to happen (yes I'm a glutton for punishment, especially since I live in NJ).
But, in my reality mode, I'm more excited to see what crazy thing is going to happen that costs us the game.
The football gods are not happy with the Texans or their fans for some reason so the wrath will come down again.

So now back from reality-GO TEXANS!!! you can beat the Jets!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I am actually going to be at this game and am holding out hope as well. There is absolutely no valid reason to believe we will win or even compete: Our defense blows; an away game at a tough venue; Revis has a history of success against our main threat, AJ; and these aggressive styles of defense have always given us trouble.

That being said, we are a desperate franchise and the Jets may relax a bit recognizing all of the factors above - as they have done the past two weeks. It is a very long shot, but frankly all we have...
Old 11-16-2010   #6
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I won't be holding my breath waiting for a victory that would require our secondary to cover Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery.

We made Ajirotutu look like a Hall of Famer.
I don't think Cotchery is going to be able to play this week...but with Keller at TE we have another worry...
Old 11-16-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

The annual 4 game losing streak is not yet complete. Sorry fellas.
Old 11-16-2010   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think they kick the living crap out of us again.
Old 11-16-2010   #9
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
I don't think Cotchery is going to be able to play this week...but with Keller at TE we have another worry...
I think cotchery on crutches and blinders on would still have a shot at scoring on our secondary.
Old 11-16-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Sanchez has been playing pretty well too.
Old 11-16-2010   #11
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I think cotchery on crutches and blinders on would still have a shot at scoring on our secondary.
Ha, true enough!
Old 11-16-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

What happend to him anyway?
Old 11-16-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think they kick the living crap out of us again.
I am just feeling that this is exactly the type of week/game that they can surprise the nation by pulling out the W and maybe starting something special. Its a win or go home (for the season) week.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

HOU-TEX might win the lottery
Old 11-16-2010   #15
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait till we are mathematically eliminated so I can stop reading about how we could still go 10-6.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #16
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

and btw, McNair might sell wagonhed the Texans for $7.99. Think McNair is cheap? You ain't seen nothin yet!
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

I might eat dinner tonight.
Old 11-16-2010   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I can't wait till we are mathematically eliminated so I can stop reading about how we could still go 10-6.
One of two times I have ever agreed with you.

We're bonding, bro. Bonding.

The Texans are divided, but they are uniting the fans. Ironic.
Old 11-16-2010   #19
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
HOU-TEX might win the lottery
When that happens next week are you going to share with all your fellow Texans fans??
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I might eat dinner tonight.
LOL. Good one, man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read