Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-15-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dez Bryant loses diamond earring during Cowboys victory

Quote:
Dez Bryant's(notes) stat line from the Dallas Cowboys win over the New York Giants: three catches, 104 yards, one touchdown and one lost diamond earring.

In the fourth quarter, the Cowboys star rookie fell hard to the ground while laying out to catch a 48-yard pass from Jon Kitna(notes). When he hit the turf, both the ball and one of his two diamond earrings jarred loose.

For the first time in his brief NFL career, Bryant's confidence on the football field waned. But it wasn't because he missed the catch. It was because he lost the earring.

"I really was a little worried," Bryant said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-285710

then why wear it during a game ?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Dez Bryant loses diamond earring during Cowboys victory

HAHAHAHALMMFAO!

Dumbass.
Old 11-16-2010   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've often wondered why players wear ear rings and necklaces during games/practices. To me, it's just stupid and you're asking for it to be lost.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dez is an imbecile with talent. Raise your hand if you didn't know that before the draft.....

Put your hand down Jerry, you knew it and picked him anyway!
Old 11-16-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Dez is an imbecile with talent. Raise your hand if you didn't know that before the draft.....

Put your hand down Jerry, you knew it and picked him anyway!
He is a moron, but the dude's a beast. Just think what he could be if he actually matures. Wow
Old 11-16-2010   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

So this guy has played his ass off, kept out of trouble, been good in the locker room and was one of the only guys who never quit and somehow he is a dumbass and a bad pick because he lost an ear ring?Exactly why I left the board and remain away for good. Back to hiding.
Old 11-16-2010   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've often wondered why players wear ear rings and necklaces during games/practices. To me, it's just stupid and you're asking for it to be lost.
Why else? Errryone look at me.... Im blingin!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2010   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
So this guy has played his ass off, kept out of trouble, been good in the locker room and was one of the only guys who never quit and somehow he is a dumbass and a bad pick because he lost an ear ring?Exactly why I left the board and remain away for good. Back to hiding.

I didn't say he wasn't a good player. He's just a dumb shit. I came to that conclusion after listening to him in interviews. Plenty of good football players are kinda stupid.

In the interest of disclosure I should add that I think less of any man wearing diamond earrings or gold chains. It's like a red flag in my opinion. An early indicator if you will that this dude is probably not the sharpest tool in the shed. I worked in a jewelry store for a few years and came to the conclusion that people who spend money on jewelry are fools. If it doesn't serve a purpose (wedding ring indicates you're married, watch tells you what time it is) then it's nothing but a shiny way of telling people that you're a preening *****.
Old 11-16-2010   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Vugg em. I promise you someone on the Giants roster or a member of the grounds crew found it. Sorry, if the average grounds keeper finds a $20,000 diamond belonging to some over paid prima-donna athlete from the OTHER team (and that team is the Dallas Cowgirls) what are the odds it'll EVER be seen again?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
If you wear an earring on the field and play football, you're a nidiot. It's really that simple. We're all idiots from time to time.
Old 11-16-2010   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you wear an earring on the field and play football, you're a nidiot. It's really that simple. We're all idiots from time to time.
Nice usage of the expression "a nidiot."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-16-2010   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not sure where you got "bad pick" from. If it was Herv.. I didn't get that from his post.. I got just a talented guy that is not very common sense smart at times
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He and every other NFL player that puts a diamond earing on while they're playing is a total dumbass and I'm glad he lost it. Why in the world are NFL players wearing stuff like that in games where it could cut their ears if rubbed incorrectly against their helmet. I have no idea why the NFL hasn't fined players for that. Every time I used to see Jamarcus Russell with that big stupid diamond earing on, I'd just shake my head. These guys look really immature wearing stuff like that in a football game as athletes. This has nothing to do with the Cowboys. It just has everything to do with being foolish.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the first time, won't be the last...

Quote:
Dolphins Player Loses $50G Diamond Earring During Practice

DAVIE, Fla. -- Several Miami Dolphins crawled across the field after practice Tuesday -- not due to exhaustion, but because they were looking for a diamond earring.

Defensive end Kendall Langford said he forgot to take his earrings
off before practice and lost one during drills. He said the diamond was nearly 2.5 carats, which is why he was still on the field an hour after practice scanning the grass.

At least nine teammates helped. Some were on hands and knees, and a couple used rakes to comb through the turf. They had a lot of ground to cover, because the Dolphins practice on two fields.

"I've got a great group of guys out here helping me -- family-type guys," Langford said.

He declined to say how much the earring cost. One jewelry distributor said it could be worth more than $50,000.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/0...ring-practice/
Old 11-16-2010   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bad Pick? Not Yet. Dumbass? Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Heck our H.S.coach would've pulled your jewelry off himself if you were stupid enough to wear it to practice.
Old 11-17-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Vugg em. I promise you someone on the Giants roster or a member of the grounds crew found it. Sorry, if the average grounds keeper finds a $20,000 diamond belonging to some over paid prima-donna athlete from the OTHER team (and that team is the Dallas Cowgirls) what are the odds it'll EVER be seen again?
Win-win. Not only does the groundskeeper score, but some jeweler will score as Dez looks to replace it...
Old 11-18-2010   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

If you look at the bottom the story, security found it and returned it. I'm sure there is something hidden in that.
Old 11-18-2010   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

About as dumb as wearing earrings in a mosh pit....

:bloodyfacepalm:
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
About as dumb as wearing earrings in a mosh pit....

:bloodyfacepalm:
Bloody facepalm?

Old 11-18-2010   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Bloody facepalm?

Now I think I should have gotten a much higher grade in HS biology...but if I'm NOT mistaken these are two photos of a FLUKE are they not?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read