Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-06-2005   #161
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda iffy on having Wong take over for Sharper...When he played at ILB last preseason (can't remember if he was playing mac or buc) he looked lost out there...He has the coverage ability and rushing ability, but I'm still unsure of him versus the run...I think Wong will probably not get resigned after next season, though, and we should draft an ILB and have him waiting in the wings if Wong isn't brought back...
Old 04-07-2005   #162
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

he always seemed like a sure tackler versus the run to me,never thought that was much of a weakness. and wong is very good in coverage.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #163
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I finally came to the conclusion (in some other thread) that Greenwood will play Sharper's Mac spot. Capers was quoted somewhere as to Greenwood being the ideal player for this position. I think the camp right after the draft will give us our first real glimpse though.
I thought for sure Greenwood would play the Buc...His strengths seem to suit that position better, but who knows...That's what camp is for...
Old 04-07-2005   #164
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing is for sure, alot of our players wont be taking their jobs lightly now that they saw a potential all pro get cut.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #165
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

-- Sharper Visits Bengals --
Thu Apr 7, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Cincinnati Bengals official website reports the agent for former Texans LB Jamie Sharper confirmed on Wednesday night his client's visit to Cincinnati. Tony Agnone, who has yet to delve into deep negotiations with the Bengals, said Sharper also plans to meet with club officials Thursday at Paul Brown Stadium before joining Agnone in Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks. He's also talking to Jacksonville, Baltimore, and "he has other options," Agnone said.

I wonder what those "other options" are.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #166
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Won't be the Texans if that is what you are thinking. No way.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #167
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am thinking Cleveland and Dallas...
Old 04-07-2005   #168
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if hes goes to Jacksonville.. we need to make sure we draft a Cedric Benson or Eric Shelton type of RB. Someone we can put in there to run his butt over.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #169
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, Jacksonville has the most cap room available out of all of the teams who are interested in Jamie, like a little over $11 million, so if he signs with the team who offers him the most money, it could very likely be Jacksonville if they want him bad enough and are willing to show him the money. I was over at the Seahawks MB a few minutes ago and someone over there sai there are only like $1 mil under the cap right now...
Old 04-07-2005   #170
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Won't be the Texans if that is what you are thinking. No way.
No, I was thinking more of the lines of the Pats, which would still be a complete longshot.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #171
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, I was thinking more of the lines of the Pats, which would still be a complete longshot.
Not if Bruschi doesn't return for the '05 season. And not if Jamie is more concerned with a shot at winning it all and not money...
Old 04-07-2005   #172
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

He could have visions of winning it all again with the Ravens too. Guess we'll see pretty soon where he lands.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #173
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is he reunites with Marvin Lewis on the Bengals.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #174
Hit Em Up
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
MAD, frustrated, disappointed, pissed, ashamed, let down. And really ticked off.

Not much more to say. Thanks Jamie for your hard work, I APPRECIATED YOU!!!
to the front office. I am not happy with y'all at this point, whatsoever.

I will stop here, I am soooooooo ticked off.
awwwww booo hooo cry me a river!!!!!!!!! he asked to be traded and nobody was willing to do it. He was due 6.3 million and he got released, so dont blame your frustrations on the front office blame it on yourself!!!
Hit Em Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #175
Hit Em Up
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanInPA
I think the release of Sharper was a huge mistake and we will miss him during the season. He may not have trade value but he worked his *** off for the team. My opinion is that its a huge loss.
He wanted to be traded and no one was willing to..............the front office done what had to be done end of story
Old 04-07-2005   #176
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Em Up
He wanted to be traded and no one was willing to..............the front office done what had to be done end of story
keep it going Hit Em Up let em know how it belong :woot . People round here actin like they just broke up with a loved one. I liked the guy too and the hard work he put in, but hey its also a business and you gotta expect things to come like this. I just hope we get some real good production out of the replacements we have and will require.

Last edited by AndreJ; 04-07-2005 at 09:08 PM.
AndreJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #177
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit Em Up
awwwww booo hooo cry me a river!!!!!!!!! he asked to be traded and nobody was willing to do it. He was due 6.3 million and he got released, so dont blame your frustrations on the front office blame it on yourself!!!

actually he didnt ask to be traded, we told him we'd give him a chance to seek out trades before we released him. Get ur facts straight !
Old 04-07-2005   #178
Hit Em Up
Rookie

well sorry im not a Texans fan but i know that the front office wasnt to blame. his cap figure was too high and he was released, thats just the nature of the beast (hey that rhymes!)
Old 04-07-2005   #179
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well i dont see how the front office is not to blame, they didnt wanna pay him the money he deserved to get so they gave him an option, seek a trade or be released. I dont see how that doesnt involve the front office,,,,so i think they are to fully blame. But with saying that i do think his production was on a decline and it'll be good to get some young blood at the LB position IMO !
Old 04-07-2005   #180
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
well i dont see how the front office is not to blame, they didnt wanna pay him the money he deserved to get so they gave him an option, seek a trade or be released.
While I think Sharper is a very good LB and was great for the Texans the 1st two years, he did not deserve to be paid like Ray Lewis. Something for folks to remember in this, the Texans didn't negotiate this contract with Sharper--this was a contract taken over in the expansion draft. The reports from both sides were the Texans and Sharper wanted to work out an extension so both sides (a) wanted to stay together (b) thought Sharper was still productive and (c) fit the system fine--they obviously disagreed on the amount and/or length of the contract. We will never know whether Sharper was demanding fair market value and the Texans weren't paying it or the Texans were offering fmv and Sharper wouldn't take it. IMO the only question in the deal is whether it was smart to release him now or say goodbye after this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read