Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Group Therapy

I feel the need to start a thread for us to share our struggles with being a Texans fan.

Here are two experiences I have had in the last hour or so.

Firstly I was waiting in the hospital pharmacy waiting to get some medicine for my daughter. Her surgeon happens to come in and line up behind me. He asks how my daughter is then follows that innocuous question up with asking how my team went yesterday. I proceed to bludgeon myself in the head with a phone book till I'm a bloody puddle on the ground.

Then I'm at the Grocery Store getting some dinner with my boy. The checkout dude as he finishes serving me feels the need to pass on his condolences to me for the Texans tough loss. Thats right the Texans are now so bad, random cashier feels obligated to cheer me up.

Old 11-15-2010   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Group Therapy

It's gotten so bad for me that I don't even watch the games any more. I have been DVRing them after that Monday night game.

It has worked out great for me though. Instead of watching our defense get slaughtered I fast forward and watch us choke in 45 minutes instead of 3 hours.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone acted like my dog died this morning, alot of them said they thought to call me right away but it was to soon, lol
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans just starred in the C'Mon Man segment with three different plays. Just when you think it can't get any worse.

For the first time ever, I stopped watching the Texans, hit record and went to the Jets game. Therapy is good. I feel better for admitting this.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we're on confessions, I'll admit that I hardly did any of the typical Texan pregame activities that I normally do last Sunday. I didn't watch any pregame, didn't start the grill, didn't go to the official website to look or actives/inactives....nothing.

I'm starting to wonder why I invest so much of my time on the Texans when they continue to make the same mistakes and make me feel like a fool. I'm not cutting bait, just going fishing a whole lot less. It's time to limit my activities on all things Texans until they commit to beating teams like the Jacksonville-freaking-Jaguars.
Old 11-15-2010   #6
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm considering watching Hawaii Five-O instead of our game against the Ravens. But the last time I stopped watching a Texans game before it was over, we beat the Patriots.

No wait, we lost to the Cowboys.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #7
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a problem. Its not just a Texans problem, its a Texas/Texans problem. Most of my clothes are either burnt orange or steel blue. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 75% of my wardrobe has texans/texas on it. I still have a few holdover rockets/astros shirts too... I am almost ashamed to wear anything out. I've contemplated going shirtless... but its getting cold. To make matters worse... my email address starts with Texansfan4life. I'm such a big fan. Yet I have no faith. What exactly am I supposed to do. I mean for four weeks I had hope, hope that we were going to be decent. Hope that we were going to be ok. We're not. We're going to be average again. AGAIN. Maybe we'll be blessed with below average and get a new regime change. Maybe. Its like putting me out of my miserable misery ONE MORE DAMN TIME.

And don't even get me started on my horns. At least I've been able to wear burnt orange to console my heart when the steel blue was hopelessly below .500. Now... I'm wearing my below .500 steel blue to console my heart while looking at my burnt orange hanging in the closet. Hanging would be nice... is it an option?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I have a problem. Its not just a Texans problem, its a Texas/Texans problem. Most of my clothes are either burnt orange or steel blue. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 75% of my wardrobe has texans/texas on it. I still have a few holdover rockets/astros shirts too... I am almost ashamed to wear anything out. I've contemplated going shirtless... but its getting cold. To make matters worse... my email address starts with Texansfan4life. I'm such a big fan. Yet I have no faith. What exactly am I supposed to do. I mean for four weeks I had hope, hope that we were going to be decent. Hope that we were going to be ok. We're not. We're going to be average again. AGAIN. Maybe we'll be blessed with below average and get a new regime change. Maybe. Its like putting me out of my miserable misery ONE MORE DAMN TIME.

And don't even get me started on my horns. At least I've been able to wear burnt orange to console my heart when the steel blue was hopelessly below .500. Now... I'm wearing my below .500 steel blue to console my heart while looking at my burnt orange hanging in the closet. Hanging would be nice... is it an option?

Mike

Just get a mullet and a teardrop tatoo and play badass dumbass...
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I feel the need to start a thread for us to share our struggles with being a Texans fan.

Here are two experiences I have had in the last hour or so.

Firstly I was waiting in the hospital pharmacy waiting to get some medicine for my daughter. Her surgeon happens to come in and line up behind me. He asks how my daughter is then follows that innocuous question up with asking how my team went yesterday. I proceed to bludgeon myself in the head with a phone book till I'm a bloody puddle on the ground.

Then I'm at the Grocery Store getting some dinner with my boy. The checkout dude as he finishes serving me feels the need to pass on his condolences to me for the Texans tough loss. Thats right the Texans are now so bad, random cashier feels obligated to cheer me up.

All BS aside, our prayers are still with Aria!! I hope you know that!!!
Old 11-15-2010   #10
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Just get a mullet and a teardrop tatoo and play badass dumbass...
Lol.

Dude I'm single... the mullet is a no go. Just because Joker ended his vow doesn't mean I'm going to start one.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Lol.

Dude I'm single... the mullet is a no go. Just because Joker ended his vow doesn't mean I'm going to start one.

Mike

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read