Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Hey Schaub, take a lesson on leadership from this man

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-285649

Not saying your not a leader but this is what sort of traits a QB needs in my humble opinion.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Schaub, take a lesson on leadership from this man

He is not even allowed to call his own plays and you want more from him?
Old 11-15-2010   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have missed it, but is Schaub's leadership the issue with the defense?
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr thinks his hair is banging and Randy Moss thinks he looks like a girl.
Old 11-15-2010   #5
Sportsfan
All Pro

I doubt Brady does. You think the Hoody would give up that control? I don't know for sure. Just sayin.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Apparently. Matt Scaub's leadership also kills puppies.
Old 11-15-2010   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Wonder if they let Schaub make decisions like that, would he do it. I think so.

And wait, y'all can't have cake and eat it, too. All I hear from people is "Brady's a douche" and "God, I hate Rivers"...

which one you want?
Old 11-15-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Wonder if they let Schaub make decisions like that, would he do it. I think so.

And wait, y'all can't have cake and eat it, too. All I hear from people is "Brady's a douche" and "God, I hate Rivers"...

which one you want?
Can they cover or rush the quarterback?? If not, meh Brady is a douche and I hate Rivers.
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady is a loud mouth see you next tuesday.

Screaming at people does not equal leadership and half of the people around him looked like they were ignoring him.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, according to a few around here, it's the offense causing the defense to suck.
Old 11-15-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Well, according to a few around here, it's the offense causing the defense to suck.
Right about now, I'd be willing to give David Anderson a shot in the secondary and Rashad Butler on the D-line.
Old 11-15-2010   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Right about now, I'd be willing to give David Anderson a shot in the secondary and Rashad Butler on the D-line.
Vonta Leach, Neil Rackers and James Casey would be my first three to call.
Old 11-15-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Vonta Leach, Neil Rackers and James Casey would be my first three to call.
They all tackle better than any of the 11 that start on "D" now. Heck, Rackers knows how to wrap up!
Old 11-15-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Tom Brady is a loud mouth see you next tuesday.

Screaming at people does not equal leadership and half of the people around him looked like they were ignoring him.
That's not what I saw at all..

I saw a guy who laid into his teammates and then went back and huddled them up on the sideline and straightened them out. The Patriots then proceeded on to score 39 points against one of the best defenses in the past decade.

Is Tom Brady a douche? Yes and so is Rivers. However this reminds me of something I heard on the radio the other day.......aren't all the great ones kind of giant douche bags? Just look at Ben Rothlisberger (let's just say "the sense of entitlement that he felt he had" and leave it at that) and Quarterbacks like Dan Marino and Troy Aikman were notorious for getting on to their teammates when they needed to.

Peyton can be a douche also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtX6dm2KG8

And look at Favre..

So basically being a douche is kinda of a quality that all great QBs have, it's one of the things that help make them great...a huge ego. (See Elway, when he came out in the draft)

This isn't a knock on Schaub, because some QBs just aren't wired like that. I mean it's not Schaub's fault if he never becomes Tom Brady . He is still good enough to get us where we need to go, we just need to get tougher and more sound on defense. Heck, actually someday IDK build a dominant defense... (seriously, how can one team not even luck into a good defense every once in awhile)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a few problems with personal on the offense, more problems with the OC and HC than with personel though.

As to Schauby boy himself, while I'll lay a few pounds of blame on him, I'll lay TONS of blame on Kubiac and the OC first.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Apparently. Matt Scaub's leadership also kills puppies.
But it's okay, because apparently, Brady's leadership brings them back to life!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read