Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Smith

Has anybody heard or seen Rick Smith since the beginning of the year??

I really would love to hear what he has to say about the way the team is playing. Kubicrap spouts the same noise, sounding like an adult talking in a Charlie Brown cartoon. McN-airhead seems to be content with average, at best, football play and why would it bother him....the season is sold out. Our coaches don't know whether we need 1/2 yard or 1 1/2 yard on fourth down and our QB thinks he can "clock" it on fourth down.

Kubicrap has always had issues with clock and game management but this is really getting out of hand. His ineptness seems to be increasing at an alarming rate. I am embarrassed enough that our team loses the way it has but I get REALLY red-faced when they speak about it after games. Can we ask Godell to make a special allowance due to stupidity and rule that the Texans NOT have post game interveiws?

Where in the world is Rick Smith?? Has anyone heard from him?? Did he go on vacation? Isn't he the man who makes (or SHOULD make) coaching decisions, personnel moves and such??
Old 11-15-2010   #2
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith

According to ND on 610, Rick is starting to seperate himself from Kubes. I don't know how much faith you can put in this, but it was part of the radio chatter after the Jag's loss.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

He does an interview for 610's pregame every week. He does manage to stay away from the spotlight (not that that's a bad thing).

I do think he undeservedly avoids criticism, though. He has made a number of questionale to poor personnel decisions and has managed to piss off a number of players while doing his job. I'm not saying Schobel is the difference between us and a winning record, but LZ said that it took one conversation with Rick Smith for Aaron Schobel to never want to play for this organization.

I understand that GM's have to be tough while negotiating to do well, but sometimes you have to give up some leverage for the betterment of your team, and it's not like Smith doesn't have some awful contracts on his resume.

I almost (almost) want him fired more than I do Kubiak.
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
According to ND on 610, Rick is starting to separate himself from Kubes. I don't know how much faith you can put in this, but it was part of the radio chatter after the Jag's loss.
Yeah I heard it too.. It was mostly speculation, but they were talking about how Rick Smith could be separating himself from Kubiak and that's why you don't see them together or hear much from Smith these days.

Oh well, when the ship starts to sink, it's every rat for himself.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith and Bob McNair were on the field watching yesterday's game together. Wish I coulda been a fly on the wall.

I've always wondered how much of a package deal McNair considers Smith/Kubiak. Their contracts aren't really parallel so there's nothing there to suggest they are a package deal.

From what I've gathered, Rick Smith seems to have such a giant ego I don't even know if another head coach would want to come in and work with him unless we're picking a head coach from the bottom of the Broncos scrap heap.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I would rather fire Rick Smith and bring in a strong GM that insists on hiring a top notch DC and let Kubiak stay than the other way around...
Old 11-15-2010   #7
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The best way for him to distance himself is to throw someone under the bus. So far, we have heard nothing from Rick. By not standing up and demanding better play and getting the people in to help, he is, in essence, putting his rubber stamp on what is going on and signing his own walking papers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read