Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default Mario and Brian

are a shell of their former selves. Their play yesterday was pathetic. I've never seen someone as talented as Mario is that just quits on plays. Multiple times yesterday I saw him getting stood up by a TE or running back, make no effort, and watch the ball carrier go right by him.

Brian Cushing isn't the beast we thought he was. He doesn't attack anymore. He can't cover anyone. He doesn't seem to understand zone coverage at all. He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.
Old 11-15-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Mario and Brian

Examples with time stamps, please.
Old 11-15-2010   #3
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

yawn
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan View Post
are a shell of their former selves. Their play yesterday was pathetic. I've never seen someone as talented as Mario is that just quits on plays. Multiple times yesterday I saw him getting stood up by a TE or running back, make no effort, and watch the ball carrier go right by him.

Brian Cushing isn't the beast we thought he was. He doesn't attack anymore. He can't cover anyone. He doesn't seem to understand zone coverage at all. He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.
Posting this crap in the other thread wasnt enough ? It deserves its own thread ?

I wonder if we were watching the same game ..... Maybe you were watching the Rams and 49ers ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Posting this crap in the other thread wasnt enough ? It deserves its own thread ?

I wonder if we were watching the same game ..... Maybe you were watching the Rams and 49ers ....
I just think that the "stars" of our team deserved to be called out when they play as bad as they did yesterday. There's plenty of blame to go around but the lack of leadership on this team is incredibly disappointing. Mario quits on plays and something is very wrong with Cushing. These are our defensive stars, the people that our younger players should look to as examples of how to be a Texan. They are failing.
Old 11-15-2010   #6
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
I just think that the "stars" of our team deserved to be called out when they play as bad as they did yesterday.
And as both of these guys are avid readers of this forum, I'm glad you just gave them what for... I'm betting we see an improvement next week
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #7
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
And as both of these guys are avid readers of this forum, I'm glad you just gave them what for... I'm betting we see an improvement next week
Just venting my frustration...
Old 11-15-2010   #8
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Just venting my frustration...
And you sir are entitled to do so... just making light of it, as that is my way of dealing with frustration... just laugh about it
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.
I don't have a DVR so can't point to the minutes on the clock, but I saw that play and my jaw dropped. The old Cush would have stormed him and flattened him. Instead, he just froze in place while the guy ran around him. I saw Mario giving up on many plays. Yes, he had some good plays but not enough to make up for his laize-faire ones.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #10
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not crap, its the truth.

Think about it, you don't get to be this bad because of poor coaching. This defense is going to require a complete overhall.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watch out Corrosion! You might get neg repped like 4 times for telling people to post in existing threads! I know from experience.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Watch out Corrosion! You might get neg repped like 4 times for telling people to post in existing threads! I know from experience.
No , he posted the exact same post in another thread .... then made a new thread for it.

As for neg rep , Ive gotten it before and Im sure I'll get it again .... Dont think they really want to get into a pissing fight.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-15-2010   #13
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Drew is Much faster/quicker than Cushing, dude ran a 4.3 40 at the combine. It would have been embarrassing for him if Cush got him in the open field. You're not giving Jones-Drew enough credit
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #14
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought both of them had decide games yesterday!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #15
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

And who would blame the players for giving up on Kubiak/Bush? Because it certainly doesn't seem out of the question at this point that the team, especially the defense, has had enough of their coaching.
Old 11-15-2010   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
And who would blame the players for giving up on Kubiak/Bush? Because it certainly doesn't seem out of the question at this point that the team, especially the defense, has had enough of their coaching.
Yeah , same coaches that had them kicking ass and taking names from week three on last season .....

The main problem with this defense is a lack of push by the DT's , part of that is scheme but in the end it is up to the players to get it done.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-15-2010   #17
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would blame them if they quit ...
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario i get if some on was dumb enough to offer us a 1st round pick for him ill trade him in a heartbeat

Cushing is different usually u have to wait 3 years to judge a Draft pick IMO or rookie
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Mario i get if some on was dumb enough to offer us a 1st round pick for him ill trade him in a heartbeat
This is insane. Do you think it's a walk in the park getting a premier pass rushing DE? Not to mention one that is great against the run?
Old 11-15-2010   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is insane. Do you think it's a walk in the park getting a premier pass rushing DE? Not to mention one that is great against the run?
Obviously not, we havent been able to get one in our existance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read