Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I dont blame Glover, I blame Antonio Smith

That five yard penalty, was just enough to get that ball in the end zone. I cant find the statistics, but i am fairly sure, he must lead the league in encroachment/offsides penalties.

And they come at the worse time too. Last week against SD, and now against JAX. He deserves his own thread of stupidity.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I dont blame Glover, I blame Antonio Smith

Blame Antonio for batting the ball into Jacksonville's arms? Okay... I guess if that's what tickles your fanny.

The final five plays was a whole comedy of errors that regurgitated the horrors of the Rosencopter incident. Nobody can melt down better than the Houston Texans in the waning ticks. Nobody.
Old 11-15-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, it's silly to blame Antonio Smith for that. That was going to be the last play of the game, he tried to get a jump to sack Garrard on a 55 yard bomb. Sack or incomplete pass ends the game. He got caught meaning its now a 50 yard bomb play.

If you want to blame something/someone on the last drive of the game it should be the first play of that drive. 8 seconds left and Mercedes Lewis catches the 11 yard pass that gets them from the 34 to the 45 which set up one last hail mary play. Definitely should be playing prevent defense in that situation but force the throw to the middle, don't let him get out of bounds.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
That five yard penalty, was just enough to get that ball in the end zone. I cant find the statistics, but i am fairly sure, he must lead the league in encroachment/offsides penalties.

And they come at the worse time too. Last week against SD, and now against JAX. He deserves his own thread of stupidity.
Getting the ball into the Endzone wasn't the problem, since Quinn batted it out of the endzone to the 2 yard line and right into Thomas' hands.

If they didnt get the penalty, then he might have actually not overthrown his wr. All speculation
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

But wasn't Dressen the one who fumbled the ball which gave Jacksonville possession in the first place ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
But wasn't Dressen the one who fumbled the ball which gave Jacksonville possession in the first place ?
Yes. I'm shocked at the lack of reaction to Dressen's fumble and false start.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #7
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

I said to my buddy after the 5 yard penalty, watch this will cost them the game...and then, pure celebration! Good game between two exactly the same teams.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

5 yards? Glover would have just batted the ball backwards to a Jaguar defender instead of forwards.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Isn't Kubiak the guy who is completly incapable of getting a total game out of his "Kids"? Isn't he the guy who's team shows up at half time? Also the same guy who hand picked deputy do right as his DC? Thought so.
Old 11-15-2010   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Blame Antonio for batting the ball into Jacksonville's arms? Okay... I guess if that's what tickles your fanny.

The final five plays was a whole comedy of errors that regurgitated the horrors of the Rosencopter incident. Nobody can melt down better than the Houston Texans in the waning ticks. Nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
LMAO....so true.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to know why McCain wasn't in front of Thomas.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
LOL, it's silly to blame Antonio Smith for that. That was going to be the last play of the game, he tried to get a jump to sack Garrard on a 55 yard bomb. Sack or incomplete pass ends the game. He got caught meaning its now a 50 yard bomb play.

If you want to blame something/someone on the last drive of the game it should be the first play of that drive. 8 seconds left and Mercedes Lewis catches the 11 yard pass that gets them from the 34 to the 45 which set up one last hail mary play. Definitely should be playing prevent defense in that situation but force the throw to the middle, don't let him get out of bounds.

Our team seems to have problems understanding how to use the outside bounds on both sides of the fence.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read