Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Rob ryan as hc next year!

I'm calling it now, Rob Ryan will be the HC next year if Lose-iak gets the ax.

Anybody w/the last name of Ryan will not be soft or take sh*t from any team!

Sign here to support the Rob Ryan for HC campaign!

Last edited by Sportsfan; 11-15-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob ryan as hc next year!

I'll fully support a Rob Ryan hiring, if Cowher doesn't come here. The Ryans have a great coaching bloodline.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather get a proven HC than trying to get a coordiantor again looking for gold.

If said coaches are not available, sure, why the hell not. Anything is better than this.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

yeah i'm a bit indifferent on hiring another Coordinator but i really don't think a proven HC will come here.
Cowher- will want too much and Uncle Bob won't pay up and/or some team will simply appeal to him more
Gruden- I could see this happening but it sounds like he's happy in the ESPN booth and see Cowher for other 2 reasons
Dungy- Completely done w/coaching i believe.

Ryan might be the lowest risk, or possibly Fewell from NYG.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot of good candidates out there:

Bill Cowher
John Gruden
Tony Dungy
Perry Fewell
Leslie Frazier
Jim Harbaugh
Sean McDermott
Rob Ryan

I'm not partial to any particular one at this point.
Old 11-15-2010   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
yeah i'm a bit indifferent on hiring another Coordinator but i really don't think a proven HC will come here.
Cowher- will want too much and Uncle Bob won't pay up and/or some team will simply appeal to him more
Gruden- I could see this happening but it sounds like he's happy in the ESPN booth and see Cowher for other 2 reasons
Dungy- Completely done w/coaching i believe.

Ryan might be the lowest risk, or possibly Fewell from NYG.
Cowher has already been rumored to be interested in the Texans job, so I don't think it's that far out that he'll come here. I'm sure McNair would pay up for a guy like Cowher, who would bring a lot of publicity and some toughness at the coaching position for the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
There are a lot of good candidates out there:

Bill Cowher
John Gruden
Tony Dungy
Perry Fewell
Leslie Frazier
Jim Harbaugh
Sean McDermott
Rob Ryan

I'm not partial to any particular one at this point.
My preferred order: Cowher, Gruden, Dungy (though I think he's done coaching), Ryan, Harbaugh, Frazier, Fewell, and McDermott.
Old 11-15-2010   #7
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Where do I sign the NO petition? ha ha

Please leave him in Cleveland for at least a couple more years. He's perfect for gritty Cleveland and the fans love him.

His brand of football seems to be well suited for outdoor northern teams, not fast dome type teams. Besides, he runs a creative 3-4. Not a particular good fit for Houston at this time.
Old 11-15-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Where do I sign the NO petition? ha ha

Please leave him in Cleveland for at least a couple more years. He's perfect for gritty Cleveland and the fans love him.

His brand of football seems to be well suited for outdoor northern teams, not fast dome type teams. Besides, he runs a creative 3-4. Not a particular good fit for Houston at this time.
The 3-4 will be just fine for this Houston team, as long as we get a NT. Have you seen our defense? Colt McCoy would throw for 350 yards, 3 TDs, and no picks against our defense.
Old 11-15-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I care less who the HC coach is, just give me some good coordinators. Primarily on defense. Is it too much to ask to have a top 15-top 10 defense for once in 10 years?!
Old 11-15-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Cowher has already been rumored to be interested in the Texans job, so I don't think it's that far out that he'll come here. I'm sure McNair would pay up for a guy like Cowher, who would bring a lot of publicity and some toughness at the coaching position for the franchise.

My preferred order: Cowher, Gruden, Dungy (though I think he's done coaching), Ryan, Harbaugh, Frazier, Fewell, and McDermott.
Do you have anything to support this? Not attacking just interested in Cowher.
Old 11-15-2010   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Do you have anything to support this? Not attacking just interested in Cowher.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...70?eref=sircrc
Old 11-15-2010   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Ryan in a heartbeat. Atleast him and his brother appear to have a pulse, which is more than I can say for Kubiak. That man doesn't get excited about shit. I'd like to see some emotion, one way or the other. Be pissed, be angry, be happy......something. The Ryans have a swagger and you can't teach that. It's just the way they carry themselves and players will follow that. I'm all for a change. This season has ruined football for me. I'm in a bad place..........
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If Garrett turns the 'Boys around and still gets the boot, I'd take a run at him.

Switching to the 3-4 would be fine. Our defense is already the worst in the NFL and the switch would mean ditching the Nigerian bust from the roster.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That's from 2009. Anything more recent?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s&sportCat=nfl

Quote:
Sit tight, Texans fans, maybe Bill Cowher will be coaching your team next season.
Old 11-15-2010   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That's from 2009. Anything more recent?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s&sportCat=nfl
Nothing more recent, but I'm sure Cowher would still be interested. Depends on how into coaching he can be since his wife's death.
Old 11-15-2010   #16
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I'd like a proven HC. Cowher, Brian Billick, or Dungy would be my top choices. Ryan would be one of the few new HC's I'd be okay with though.
Old 11-15-2010   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I called for Rob Ryan in a different thread yesterday!!!!!!! I love the Ryan style of football. And, if our OC called some stupid half-back pass, he might get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Marvin Lewis
Old 11-15-2010   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No, Cowher will be Head Coach because the NFL Network sited in 2009 that "a source" said coaching for the Texans or Bears "would excite" Cowher. Oh and on top of that Bill Simmons of espn.com puts his two cents in and says Cowher or Gruden will be Head Coach here. See? It's settled now.

Remember months ago when "sources told us" Lebron James was going to sign with the Cavs... or Nets? Or when Stephen A. Smith said "I have a source who has told me it was a done deal from the beginning LeBron would be going to Chicago and I have another source that says it is a done deal he is going to the Knicks."

Those sources are saying "done deal".... which tends to hold a little more weight than "would excite". LOL

Could Cowher want to coach here? Could he actually be the next HC? Sure... but I think too many people here are assuming all this is true and that we've got a great chance at it. I don't blame them though, I feel the same way everytime I hear a FA wants to sign here... just to end up signing somewhere else. Most blame Smith/McNair when in realty I don't think we were their #1 landing spot in the first place.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #20
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan View Post
I'd like a proven HC. Cowher, Brian Billick, or Dungy would be my top choices. Ryan would be one of the few new HC's I'd be okay with though.
Sorry at this point we are 0-2 for coordinators -> HC change. Give us a proven winner, someone you can't fault for hiring.

If someone comes and delivers a championship to this city prepare for the statue to be raised somewhere..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read