Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2010   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 7-9 8-8

I think 7 or 8 wins Keeps Kubes his job just saying

Now can we win 3 more games ????????????

if this happens most of the coaches on the D will be gone and some players has well who would yall cut from the D if it was the end of the season right now ... me

-Most of the coaches Gone

99 Tim Jamison DE
97 Damione Lewis DT
95 Shaun Cody DT
72 Jesse Nading DE
52 Xavier Adibi OLB
54 Zac Diles OLB
53 Stanford Keglar OLB
30 Jason Allen CB
21 Brice McCain CB
31 Bernard Pollard SS
29 Glover Quin CB
42 Torri Williams SS
26 Eugene Wilson FS
34 Dominique Barber SS
93 Tim Bulman DE
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 7-9 8-8

A bit harsh on the secondary. I think better coaching will do wonders for the secondary.

I also think Shaun Cody has been solid. For what he makes, he's a good value player.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

if this happens most of the coaches on the D will be gone and some players has well who would yall cut from the D if it was the end of the season right now ... me

99 Tim Jamison DE
97 Damione Lewis DT
95 Shaun Cody DT72 Jesse Nading DE
52 Xavier Adibi OLB
54 Zac Diles OLB53 Stanford Keglar OLB
30 Jason Allen CB21 Brice McCain CB
31 Bernard Pollard SS29 Glover Quin CB
42 Torri Williams SS
26 Eugene Wilson FS
34 Dominique Barber SS
93 Tim Bulman DE
if coaches get fired i think these players still have a roster spot! say what you wanna say about pollards coverage skills but he is a leader for sure! and why single out jason allen? did he even play today?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
if coaches get fired i think these players still have a roster spot! say what you wanna say about pollards coverage skills but he is a leader for sure! and why single out jason allen? did he even play today?
You're reading a Norg post.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see three more wins, but I also think there is a real possibility that Kubes is still here next year. If Kubes is here, most if not all the defensive coaches will be gone.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I don't see three more wins, but I also think there is a real possibility that Kubes is still here next year. If Kubes is here, most if not all the defensive coaches will be gone.
If Kubiak is still here next year most if not all the fans will be gone. McNair has got to improve his decision making when it comes to this franchise. He lets his personal feelings cloud his judgement and he ends up waiting way too long to cut one of his hires loose. Capers, Casserly, Carr and now Kubiak, Bush and Rick Smith.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #7
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

99 Tim Jamison DE
97 Damione Lewis DT
95 Shaun Cody DT
72 Jesse Nading DE
52 Xavier Adibi OLB
54 Zac Diles OLB
53 Stanford Keglar OLB
30 Jason Allen CB
21 Brice McCain CB
31 Bernard Pollard SS
29 Glover Quin CB
42 Torri Williams SS
26 Eugene Wilson FS
34 Dominique Barber SS
93 Tim Bulman DE
Is that you, Gary???
Old 11-15-2010   #8
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously don't know about even 7-9 this year...the teams get better as the season moves along. This about the time where we go 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win, and so on, its like the fat kid that won't let you down from the seesaw, but the "fat kid" hasn't gotten off the seesaw now for 3 weeks and it looks like he isn't anytime soon.
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I seriously don't know about even 7-9 this year...the teams get better as the season moves along. This about the time where we go 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win, and so on, its like the fat kid that won't let you down from the seesaw, but the "fat kid" hasn't gotten off the seesaw now for 3 weeks and it looks like he isn't anytime soon.
Don't forget we sill have one more loss to meet our traditional four game loosing streak...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Don't forget we sill have one more loss to meet our traditional four game loosing streak...
The Jets will be happy to accommodate us on that one, I'm sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubes really learned something about aggressive play calling from Jack Del Rio. The next three games will tell us who the Texans are. This loss may have helped them turn the corner.

That should cover it.
Old 11-15-2010   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Our next five games are:

@Jets
Titans
@Eagles
Ravens
@Titans

We could be (and probably are) looking at an 8 game losing streak going into our final 2 games.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we don't win another game this season. Seriously.
Old 11-15-2010   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really see how going 7-9 or 8-8 should save Kubiak's job, but I can totally see it happening. Not sure how I feel about that.
Old 11-15-2010   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't really see how going 7-9 or 8-8 should save Kubiak's job, but I can totally see it happening. Not sure how I feel about that.

I seriously don't see a .500 year this year. Looking at the schedule I couldn't pick out 4 or 5 more wins.

Kubiak should be Gonzo.

It's over.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I seriously don't see a .500 year this year. Looking at the schedule I couldn't pick out 4 or 5 more wins.

Kubiak should be Gonzo.

It's over.
I'm not making any predictions about what games we can win or lose because I've seen this movie before with Kubiak directing. Lose your games in November, win some in December, finish around .500. The only difference this year is that everybody looks to be in the hunt for the playoffs since there are no 9-0 or even 8-1 teams, so we may not get a Brian Hoyer in week 17 to win against.

If the Texans go 6-10 or worse and Kubiak is retained, there might be a blackout or two next season.
Old 11-15-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'm not making any predictions about what games we can win or lose because I've seen this movie before with Kubiak directing. Lose your games in November, win some in December, finish around .500. The only difference this year is that everybody looks to be in the hunt for the playoffs since there are no 9-0 or even 8-1 teams, so we may not get a Brian Hoyer in week 17 to win against.

If the Texans go 6-10 or worse and Kubiak is retained, there might be a blackout or two next season.
Kubiak doesn't beat contending teams, while those teams are still fighting
for division championships and playoff spots. It doesn't matter what
time of year it is. All the remaining teams on the schedule are in TIGHT
division races. We go TO Denver, and that team smacked the shit out
of the Chiefs yesterday.

Since Kubiak rarely beats teams in the situations our future opponents are
in, I'd see no more than 2 more wins for the rest of this season.
Old 11-15-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Kubiak doesn't beat contending teams, while those teams are still fighting
for division championships and playoff spots. It doesn't matter what
time of year it is. All the remaining teams on the schedule are in TIGHT
division races. We go TO Denver, and that team smacked the shit out
of the Chiefs yesterday.

Since Kubiak rarely beats teams in the situations our future opponents are
in, I'd see no more than 2 more wins for the rest of this season.
Well, Denver IS a divisional opponent, so them beating up KC like that isn't a surprise. Look at what KC did in Indy versus what we did.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read