Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2010   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pick one player you think harmed us the most today...

The obvious guy is Glover Quin. But I'm actually ok with Glover. He did what most DBs would have done, try to bat down the ball. His execution was a bit poor, but it was just all bad luck in the end IMO.

Dreesen is another good candidate. Not only did his fumble set up the hail mary, but he also had a key false start in the last drive that put us in a bad position.

I've even heard some blame Antonio Smith for such a bone head offsides at the end, which made the hail mary even easier.

But the guy that really irked me today... that really deserves alot of the blame for the loss... is Matt Turk! If you're a punter in this league, you better do what you do well! If we expect Kickers to make every field goal less than 50 yards, then we should expect punters to AT LEAST punt farther than 40 yards!

Turk had two crappy ass punts today that led to Jaguar Touchdowns. He had a 36 yard punt to the Jags 47. Which of course, led to a TD.

But the worse one was with less than 2 minutes left in the half, he punts the ball 20 (that's right, twenty) yards to the Jags 45! Jags don't have a good 2-min offense... so letting them start at mid-field was huge for them. If he would have punted an NFL average punt, I'm pretty sure we would have seen a Scobee FG attempt instead of a TD to end the 1st half.

Turk is actually the first guy I would cut if I had that power.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick one player you think harmed us the most today...

Quin and not just for the final play. His coverage and tackling were ugly. That wasn't the only long TD he gave up today. The Jags receivers beat him like he stole something.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Quin and not just for the final play. His coverage and tackling were ugly. That wasn't the only long TD he gave up today. The Jags receivers beat him like he stole something.
I agree... Quin will probably look back at this as his worst game ever.

But I'm still irked at Turk (cool, that rhymes). Corner back is the 2nd toughest position to play in the NFL... punting... well punting is punting!
Old 11-15-2010   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Funny cuz Glo had the most tackles today.
Old 11-15-2010   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post

Turk is actually the first guy I would cut if I had that power.
Turk should have been replaced along with Kris Brown. Coach Joe's special teams have been less than special this season. He can leave with the head coach, this time.
Old 11-15-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

to many to name u win has a team nad lose has a team unles u didnt play much ...... LOL :P

Mario williams ............ Were the F was he all day
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #7
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
to many to name u win has a team nad lose has a team unles u didnt play much ...... LOL :P

Mario williams ............ Were the F was he all day
I thought Mario was decent today in rushing the passer... but what the hell happened to his run D? I used to think he was the best DE against the run. But what the hell happened this season?
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010   #8
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any player who commited a penaly. Smith for the offsides penalty, whoever was responsible for calling back AJ's touchdown (i know we still got a TD but that was one of the best catches i have seen in a while) whoever was responsible for calling back Fosters beastly screen pass run etc. Its one thing to drop a ball or lose on a flukey play but when you beat yourself it kills momentum. I was okay with GQ, that bat down was flukey but he shouldn't have even had to be in that position at the end of the game. Can I blame Frank Bush? he needs to go.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if Joel Dreesson didn't have the false start, we could have at least attempted a 58 yard field goal, although I wouldn't expect to make that. BUT, that false start looked like it would have been a 10+ yard gain to Walter on a quick slant. THEN, he fumbles the ball and ultimately leads the Jags to their victory. I blame number 85.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG16 View Post
Any player who commited a penaly. Smith for the offsides penalty, whoever was responsible for calling back AJ's touchdown (i know we still got a TD but that was one of the best catches i have seen in a while) whoever was responsible for calling back Fosters beastly screen pass run etc. Its one thing to drop a ball or lose on a flukey play but when you beat yourself it kills momentum. I was okay with GQ, that bat down was flukey but he shouldn't have even had to be in that position at the end of the game. Can I blame Frank Bush? he needs to go.
No Frank Bush... players only. I'm tired of blaming coaches for every loss. Yes, they deserve it, but time to start spreading the blame.
Old 11-15-2010   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Agreed. This was a horrible game for Quin and not because of the final play.

I was also angry with Jacoby Jones again. Dropsies on important passes, horrible returns.

Antonio Smith didn't help with his boneheaded offsides either.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #12
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

The team is just not disiplined enough. To many costly mistakes when it matters most. Choke city anyone? Our guys just cant handle pressure. For me that means the coaching staff does not prepare them the right way.
Anyways as disgusted I am, I loved the way AJ, Walters, and Amobi played today. The D line in general except f ing Smith.
One thing we are not talking about is Jackson. LOL
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #13
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
The team is just not disiplined enough. To many costly mistakes when it matters most. Choke city anyone? Our guys just cant handle pressure. For me that means the coaching staff does not prepare them the right way.
Anyways as disgusted I am, I loved the way AJ, Walters, and Amobi played today. The D line in general except f ing Smith.
One thing we are not talking about is Jackson. LOL
It seems like QBs only want to pick on one CB at a time. KJ may have gotten lucky that Garrard simply picked on Quin the whole time.
Old 11-15-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame Ron Dayne.
Old 11-15-2010   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
But the guy that really irked me today... that really deserves alot of the blame for the loss... is Matt Turk! If you're a punter in this league, you better do what you do well! If we expect Kickers to make every field goal less than 50 yards, then we should expect punters to AT LEAST punt farther than 40 yards!

Turk had two crappy ass punts today that led to Jaguar Touchdowns. He had a 36 yard punt to the Jags 47. Which of course, led to a TD.
Turk was actually making the team better today. I mean, let's face it - the other team's offense is going to score no matter where they start on the field, so normally, those deep punts he booms just result in the other team taking longer to score a TD. With less ground to cover, the other team was kicking the ball back to the Texans with more time on the clock.

As for my culprits ..... the entire offense for wasting half of a game (again), the head coach for wasting three perfectly useful timeouts at the end of the first half, the entire defense for continuing their torrid pace, Dreessen for the false start and subsequent fumble, Antonio Smith for the offsides that put the Jags in Hail Mary range, and whoever thought it would be cool if MoJo ran all over the defense in the first half (all of Jags nation, I suspect).

My apologies to anyone I missed.
Old 11-15-2010   #16
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I sort of reject the idea of singling out players in general. Noone was perfect this week and none were perfect the previous week or any other week. Most everyone has made a critical mistake at some point this season.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #17
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

tony boselli!!!!

but seriously not just today but the whole season i think jacoby jones has hurt us ALOT if not the most! every week he drops a very catchable pass that is a potential first down! I love JJ but hes gonna start putting in more work during the week if he wants to stay on this football team! so much potential and it just seems like he doesnt take it seriously
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I sort of reject the idea of singling out players in general. Noone was perfect this week and none were perfect the previous week or any other week. Most everyone has made a critical mistake at some point this season.
Actually, Schaub was damn near perfect. Played extremely well, mostly hit every spot, I don't recall him getting sacked, and he didn't turn the ball over.

I think it's "acceptable" to single out certain players if they deserve to be. Sometimes, specific players just have blatantly horrendous games/plays/mistakes. It's ok to acknowledge them.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #19
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams

Big players make big plays when the team needs them most (see Andre Johnson). Mario was MIA today.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking for a scapegoat in this situation is .... silly.

There were plenty of mistakes to go around.

Piss poor tackling , dropping an INT that hits you in the hands , letting another INT get away , penalties on both sides of the ball , sub par run blocking and a turnover at a critical moment set this team up to be beaten by an inferior team on a freak play.
You cant make those mistakes in the NFL , especially on the road and expect to come out with a win.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read