Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-16-2010   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So where do we draft this year?

I'm fed up with this all this - we need to be looking at the biggest playmakers of this draft and select them. Any position, I don't care. P-L-A-Y-M-A-K-E-R-S !!!!!!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If they are picking in the 5/10 my picks in rds 1-2

Rd1 DaQuan Bowers
Rd2 Jimmy Smith

I they are picking in the 10/15 range

Rd1 Brandon Harris or Aaron Williams
Rd2 Mark Barron or Kerrigan
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #23
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

...hopefully #32.

Gosh, I'm delusional. Realistically? Probaby middle of the pack again. I see Gubiak pulling off another meaningless series of win at the end of the season. Unfortunately, that might not even happen with our defense...
Old 11-16-2010   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=badboy;1582571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I can see us drafting as high as 8. If that occurred would you go DT Nick Fairley who is having a monstrous year for Auburn, FS Patrick Peterson corner speed at FS position that could make our CBs instantly better or a true CB like Amukamara or Brandon Harris? Might make an interesting thread as nothing else is going on.

Keep in mind that in second round you could see CB Jimmy Smith, DT Drake Nevis or FS Rahim Moore or Deandre McDaniel.
That's a really tough question and it's why real GM's get paid the big bucks. If we're in that position I think I'd pick Prince Amukamara in the 1st round and then hopefully Rahim Moore, Deandre McDaniel, Stephen Paea, or some other top level talent falls to us in the 2nd.

This draft sure doesn't seem to have the depth or quality of last years draft and I don't see alot of potential past the 2nd round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Likewise. I really got into following everyone's mocks last year and am looking forward to it this year as well. The way things are going now, I feel like it's an appropriate time to start looking ahead instead of waiting until February.
There's always next year. Correct?
Old 11-17-2010   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Wolf6151;1582923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

That's a really tough question and it's why real GM's get paid the big bucks. If we're in that position I think I'd pick Prince Amukamara in the 1st round and then hopefully Rahim Moore, Deandre McDaniel, Stephen Paea, or some other top level talent falls to us in the 2nd.

This draft sure doesn't seem to have the depth or quality of last years draft and I don't see alot of potential past the 2nd round.
I agree on Prince as he looks like a possible shutdown corner and opposing QBs are not even looking his way this season. If he could eliminate one side of the field and nullify the #1 WR, that would be better than a DT like Fairley, especially if I could get Drake Nevis or Powe in 2nd.

*Note I have some question marks about the last three you named.
Old 11-17-2010   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
There's always next year. Correct?
That's what I'm living, as always, next year.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2010   #28
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone that can bring W to the Texans is welcome.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #29
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I envision us losing the next 5 games at least and am 50-50 on the last 2 that just won't matter by then. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and should get at least one really good pick, hopefully Brandon Harris-CB or Prince Amukamara-CB. I also envision a coaching change and it'll be really hard to predict the draft until we see who the new head coach is.
Sounds Samoan...that's who we should get...unless there's an epic samoan DT we can nab.

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #30
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Impact safety, DT, and CB is still on the list, huh?
I think a quality DT is one of our BIGGEST needs as they dont hit the FA market often or hardly ever. I hate to go Dline again but we just dont have ANY solid ones. Just Depth.

Safety is another point of concern AGAIN.

I cant see going CB high again. So maybe you will get one in the 4th or 5th.

I think WR should be up there on our list.

1 FS Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
2 DT Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
3 WR Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State
4 OL Steve Schilling, G, Michigan
5 CB Devon Torrence, CB, Ohio State
6 K Derek Epperson, P, Baylor
7 LB Jonas Mouton, OLB, Michigan
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Sounds Samoan...that's who we should get...unless there's an epic samoan DT we can nab.
Let me introduce you to Sione Fua Sione Fua, DT, Stanford
Height: 6-2. Weight: 306.
Projected 40 Time: 5.18.
Projected Round (2011): 3-4.
10/8/10: Fua has had an impressive season for the Cardinal doing a great job of holding up at the point of attack and taking on multiple blockers. He's been disruptive and has right combination of bulk and strength teams are looking for in a 1-technique. He's slowly rising up boards. from walterfootball.com
and
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read