Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-14-2010   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default So where do we draft this year?

Impact safety, DT, and CB is still on the list, huh?
Old 11-14-2010   #2
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So where do we draft this year?

Doesn't matter. ESPN and NFL Network will go to a commercial during that part of the draft.

OH...sorry, misunderstood your question. Yes, everything that was on the list last year still is, except for RB.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

we will somehow go on a late run again and pick around the middle of the pack
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I envision us losing the next 5 games at least and am 50-50 on the last 2 that just won't matter by then. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and should get at least one really good pick, hopefully Brandon Harris-CB or Prince Amukamara-CB. I also envision a coaching change and it'll be really hard to predict the draft until we see who the new head coach is.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking the Texans finish with a 6-10 or 7-9 record. I predict win against Denver/Jags and possibly 1 of the Titan games.

At 6-10 we likely pick between 8/9-12
At 7-9 we likely pick between 10/11-14

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I envision us losing the next 5 games at least and am 50-50 on the last 2 that just won't matter by then. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and should get at least one really good pick, hopefully Brandon Harris-CB or Prince Amukamara-CB. I also envision a coaching change and it'll be really hard to predict the draft until we see who the new head coach is.
I'd be MORE than happy.
Old 11-15-2010   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to start with drafting a new defensive coordinator .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I support this!
Old 11-15-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I hate to bring this up but I'm concerned about Demeco's injury and him coming back. I feel like Diles is the only player we've had that has come back from a serious injury and still be a good player. In this sense, if Demeco isn't the same I say we just promote him to Defensive Coordinator.

Impact game-changing Safety is highest on my list. I think this would do wonders to our secondary. He's HAS to be smart and have good instincts and ballskills... this translates into making plays. Our safeties are awful. Pollard can't catch a cold and Wilson doesn't know what a cold even looks like. Our new impact safety will REALLY help out our CBs too. I feel our safety play has hurt this team more than our CB play.

Secondly, we still need a good DT and CB from the draft.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we draft all 7 rounds on offense. Would Frank Bush do any worse with all free agent vets?

Lets just get as good on offense as we can. Work on scoring more than 3 points in the first half, and just assume the defense is going to give up 30 points a game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Wolf6151;1580443]I envision us losing the next 5 games at least and am 50-50 on the last 2 that just won't matter by then. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and should get at least one really good pick, hopefully Brandon Harris-CB or Prince Amukamara-CB. I also envision a coaching change and it'll be really hard to predict the draft until we see who the new head coach is.[/QUOTE Info on the Prince: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2508

If Kubiak is the coach, I do not expect a corner to be drafted high or probably a free safety either. I have Nick Fairly as first round and a CB in second as that position is deeper imo than DT. We should still get a decent COVER CB. Unfortunately, I don't see any FS in first three rounds although my mock partners Beer Lover and Rmartin 65 are trying to convince me Peterson from LSU has more upside at that position than @ CB.

Wolf, I'm thinking you have the draft spot targeted.
Old 11-15-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is gonna sound harsh but this actually helps Texan franchise from finishing building out its base player foundation. We are more than one or two players away from a Championship team. They do need to hit the bulls-eye with this next offseason moves both in free agency & the draft, otherwise change will happen. My prediction of 8-8 is still attainable with difficulty of schedule factored in should put Texans at bottom of .500 pile #16-#18.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=badboy;1581073]
Quote:
I envision us losing the next 5 games at least and am 50-50 on the last 2 that just won't matter by then. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and should get at least one really good pick, hopefully Brandon Harris-CB or Prince Amukamara-CB. I also envision a coaching change and it'll be really hard to predict the draft until we see who the new head coach is.[/QUOTE Info on the Prince: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2508

If Kubiak is the coach, I do not expect a corner to be drafted high or probably a free safety either. I have Nick Fairly as first round and a CB in second as that position is deeper imo than DT. We should still get a decent COVER CB. Unfortunately, I don't see any FS in first three rounds although my mock partners Beer Lover and Rmartin 65 are trying to convince me Peterson from LSU has more upside at that position than @ CB.

Wolf, I'm thinking you have the draft spot targeted.

I think they're right, Peterson's size will work against him in the NFL. His backpedal isn't very good and his size will work against him in his change of direction. He does have good speed and a sense for the ball which should work great for him as a FS but quick agile WR's will tear him up in the NFL as a CB. I like Prince Amukamara and Brandon Harris amongst CB's in the 1st round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

As of right now we pick at 14, But that is likely to go down.

Hope I am wrong.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Wolf6151;1581736]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

I think they're right, Peterson's size will work against him in the NFL. His backpedal isn't very good and his size will work against him in his change of direction. He does have good speed and a sense for the ball which should work great for him as a FS but quick agile WR's will tear him up in the NFL as a CB. I like Prince Amukamara and Brandon Harris amongst CB's in the 1st round.
I can see us drafting as high as 8. If that occurred would you go DT Nick Fairley who is having a monstrous year for Auburn, FS Patrick Peterson corner speed at FS position that could make our CBs instantly better or a true CB like Amukamara or Brandon Harris? Might make an interesting thread as nothing else is going on.

Keep in mind that in second round you could see CB Jimmy Smith, DT Drake Nevis or FS Rahim Moore or Deandre McDaniel.
Old 11-16-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=badboy;1582571]
Quote:
I can see us drafting as high as 8. If that occurred would you go DT Nick Fairley who is having a monstrous year for Auburn, FS Patrick Peterson corner speed at FS position that could make our CBs instantly better or a true CB like Amukamara or Brandon Harris? Might make an interesting thread as nothing else is going on.

Keep in mind that in second round you could see CB Jimmy Smith, DT Drake Nevis or FS Rahim Moore or Deandre McDaniel.
It would be awfully hard to pass on Fairley
Old 11-16-2010   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Really crappy teams draft BPA. Really good teams draft BPA. Average teams will try to fill a hole or two.

We are a really crappy team that needs to draft the best defensive player available. We are thin everywhere, including linebacker.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Really crappy teams draft BPA. Really good teams draft BPA. Average teams will try to fill a hole or two.

We are a really crappy team that needs to draft the best defensive player available. We are thin everywhere, including linebacker.
Would you agree Fairley would be the BPA if he's on the board?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Would you agree Fairley would be the BPA if he's on the board?
I really can't speak knowledgeably on draft prospects like many other folks here can.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #20
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I really can't speak knowledgeably on draft prospects like many other folks here can.
Likewise. I really got into following everyone's mocks last year and am looking forward to it this year as well. The way things are going now, I feel like it's an appropriate time to start looking ahead instead of waiting until February.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read