Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game. Day. Thread. Texans @ Jaguars

Okay Texans, I am out of pot and I do not want to resort to beating children to take out my frustrations that I've had the past 3 Sundays/Monday. Do not **** this up.
Old 11-14-2010   #22
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this game, because of the way the team has been playing lately. I'm just gonna watch, and see what happens.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the first team to get to 40 has it in the bag.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I predict the first team to get to 40 has it in the bag.
The Texans/Jags game over/under line is only 49 1/2 at the Mirage. WTH are they thinking? We should see that by halftime.
Old 11-14-2010   #26
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Gameday, and I'm totally relaxed. No "biggest game in history" talk. No worry about keeping a short win streak alive. Ahhh, yes...must be November.

That means we're only a couple of weeks away from a brief conversation about the "hot seat" for certain usual suspects on the coaching staff, which quietly melts away after an excellent wrap-up to the season which includes a win streak and much national talk about "next year being the year for the Texans."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Except...

THIS year, because of the schedule adjustments involving division games, a late-season win streak can rocket a team right back into December contention if they haven't totally screwed up going into that last month of the season. The Texans took a hot start and turned it into a mess, once again losing to the worst team in football (sort of a Texans tradition). But it ain't over yet. Come out with a win today and this team's still got a decent shot.

Lay an egg, and we're right where we seem to be every other November. And if that happens, I hope somebody's fueling McNair's private jet and getting some conversations-that-aren't-really-happening started with a few guys who are new head coach candidates.

If you can't beat the Jags when you're against the wall, you're legitimately 4th in the division. And if you're 4th in the division after this many years, you should be unemployed.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Okay Texans, I am out of pot and I do not want to resort to beating children to take out my frustrations that I've had the past 3 Sundays/Monday. Do not **** this up.
Can someone please hook b0ng up with some smoke? Don't do it for him. Do it for the children.
Old 11-14-2010   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans/Jags game over/under line is only 49 1/2 at the Mirage. WTH are they thinking? We should see that by halftime.
Especially with Aaron Kampmann being out. Alualu has been doing a hell of a lot better than I thought he was this season, but that D-line lost it's best player by far.

The over/under should at least be in the 50's.
Old 11-14-2010   #29
b0ng
Ooops

is anybody else here happy we got Gus Johnson for our game today? I love listening to him call a game, and it seems like we do a lot better (for some unexplained reason) when he's broadcasting our games.
Old 11-14-2010   #30
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can someone please hook b0ng up with some smoke? Don't do it for him. Do it for the children.
Lol, when reading the original post I saw 'Chicken'... kept thinking wth?
Old 11-14-2010   #31
Lucky

Quote:
The over/under should at least be in the 50's.
The weather is perfect. I'd start every Texan and Jaguar I had on my fantasy team.

Unfortunately, I have no Texans or Jaguars on my fantasy team.
Old 11-14-2010   #32
Lucky

Quote:
is anybody else here happy we got Gus Johnson for our game today? I love listening to him call a game, and it seems like we do a lot better (for some unexplained reason) when he's broadcasting our games.
The problem is that Gus Johnson brings Steve Tasker along for the ride. Is there an announcer who hates Houston more than Steve Tasker? The over under on calling the Texans the "Oilers" is 3.
Old 11-14-2010   #33
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The problem is that Gus Johnson brings Steve Tasker along for the ride. Is there an announcer who hates Houston more than Steve Tasker? The over under on calling the Texans the "Oilers" is 3.
I'd have to say Phil Simms or Randy Cross would both be broadcasters I'd prefer Tasker over. There aren't many but they do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The weather is perfect. I'd start every Texan and Jaguar I had on my fantasy team.

Unfortunately, I have no Texans or Jaguars on my fantasy team.
Mike Thomas, the hottest Jaguar pick-up in fantasy this week.
Old 11-14-2010   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's a comfort level when you can turn from Madden 11 to live TV.
Old 11-14-2010   #35
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm somewhat confident about this game. And I haven't felt confident about a game since the loss vs. the Giants. I say we win this one.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
I'm somewhat confident about this game. And I haven't felt confident about a game since the loss vs. the Giants. I say we win this one.
You silly boy, you.
Old 11-14-2010   #37
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will have to record the game. My niece turned 16 and wants me to take her to the Wizard Con.I will have my portable radio and listen on 98.9 FM.
Old 11-14-2010   #38
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please. He's not biased. None of them are. I'm sure that if Tasker would've been in the booth for that not-called push-off by Roddy White on Thursday night that led to an Atlanta win, he would have been every bit as critical of Atlanta as he was of AJ and Houston. (And Peter King's next MMQB column will include a line like "Sorry, Baltimore, an official decided that game.")

TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #39
Lucky

Here's a weird stat. David Carr was 6-3 versus the Jags as the Texans starting QB. Matt Schaub has never defeated the Jags in 4 attempts.

That's not right. That has to change.
Old 11-14-2010   #40
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a weird stat. David Carr was 6-3 versus the Jags as the Texans starting QB. Matt Schaub has never defeated the Jags in 4 attempts.

That's not right. That has to change.

That is definitely sad.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read