Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-13-2010   #1
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Oklahoma St. Putting It To The Horns

Following the tradition that has started, I thought I would go ahead and make this a thread

As of 8:46 PM CT, Oklahoma State is up 26-3. Brandon Weeden is 17 of 25 for 249 yards passing with a TD and INT. Garrett Gilbert is 9 of 16 for 60 yards passing and an INT.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oklahoma St. Putting It To The Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Following the tradition that has started, I thought I would go ahead and make this a thread

As of 8:46 PM CT, Oklahoma State is up 26-3. Brandon Weeden is 17 of 25 for 249 yards passing with a TD and INT. Garrett Gilbert is 9 of 16 for 60 yards passing and an INT.
It's not Gilbert's fault. Its the system. The O-Line. Fire the coach! It's the defense's fault.

I think the Texans should draft him and pay him a whole lotta money.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #3
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
It's not Gilbert's fault. Its the system. The O-Line. Fire the coach! It's the defense's fault.

I think the Texans should draft him and pay him a whole lotta money.

Gilbert seems to hold onto the ball way to long at times instead of throwing it away. Also, there offensive line has some major holes that need to be fixed (which could be why their run game isn't as great as the ones they had back in the days). Oh and also, FIRE GREG DAVIS!

Greg Davis =
Old 11-13-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gilbert seems to hold onto the ball way to long at times instead of throwing it away. Also, there offensive line has some major holes that need to be fixed (which could be why their run game isn't as great as the ones they had back in the days). Oh and also, FIRE GREG DAVIS!

Greg Davis =
Why are they starting 3 Freshman O Lineman?
Old 11-13-2010   #5
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Why are they starting 3 Freshman O Lineman?
Don't quote me on this but I think they've had injuries to the offensive line which is why Texas is forced to put in Freshman.
Old 11-13-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't quote me on this but I think they've had injuries to the offensive line which is why Texas is forced to put in Freshman.
Could have something to do with their offensive struggles tonight.

Coming into this game, they were one of only 3 teams to out-gain their opponent in every game this year.
Old 11-13-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they lose to Florida Atlantic and A&M they might not make a bowl game.
Old 11-13-2010   #8
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texas Longhorns are close to four deep at every OL position. They have probably had, on average, the best recruiting classes of any school in the country over the last five years. If they are not number one in that category, they are almost certainly in the top five. They are not short of offensive lineman. If they are playing three freshman, that is either because they have mailed it in for the rest of this year and they are playing for the future, or because they have squandered their talent.

The Texas OL has had problems for years under Greg Davis. Those were papered over for a short while when Vince Young was at the helm. But even during the Colt McCoy years, the Longhorns struggled mightily with their running game. And I do not care what anyone says, it was not because of a lack of talent at either the offensive line or running back positions. The Longhorns have been stacked for years at every position.

The Longhorns are blowing up this year and I for one am very sad to see it. The Longhorns have overachieved in recruiting and underachieved on the field, at least this year. Of course that goes to the coaches. That being said, the "fire the coach" crowd is out of control as usual (just as they routinely are with the Houston Texans). The Texas Longhorns have performed very well over the last 10 years and I expect them to do so again over the next 10 years.

However, I do wish they would get rid of their offensive coordinator Greg Davis. He is not as good as the Texans Longhorns have a right to expect in that role. He is not earning his exorbitant salary by any means.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If they lose to Florida Atlantic and A&M they might not make a bowl game.
I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you, to see Showtime100 posting in this thread gloating over the misfortune of the Texas Longhorns.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Just a side note...

Why does Matt Millen have a job in anything football related?
Old 11-13-2010   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you, to see Showtime100 posting in this thread gloating over the misfortune of the Texas Longhorns.

Yeah, I'm the Horn hater...lol. I think you have me confused with somebody else. The Horns have had a miserable season and I have said next to nothing despite numerous opportunities. Give me a break.
Old 11-13-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

This may be Mack Brown's last season at Texas unless he is willing to let Greg Davis go.

And he may be gone anyway...
Old 11-14-2010   #13
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This may be Mack Brown's last season at Texas unless he is willing to let Greg Davis go.

And he may be gone anyway...
They should fire Brown and get rid of Davis. Texas is a place almost anybody would want to go to and build a legacy. heck, if Larry Coker didn't go to UTSA, he would be a good addition at Texas.

How about Mike Leach eh?

Quote:
Just a side note...

Why does Matt Millen have a job in anything football related?

I have no earthly idea why, why is he even allowed to talk football?
Old 11-14-2010   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
They should fire Brown and get rid of Davis. Texas is a place almost anybody would want to go to and build a legacy. heck, if Larry Coker didn't go to UTSA, he would be a good addition at Texas.

How about Mike Leach eh?

The hell? Coker is a TERRIBLE coach.
Old 11-14-2010   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
The hell? Coker is a TERRIBLE coach.
Really? What I remember about him is them winning the national championship and being able to recruit top athletes. I could be wrong because I was a kid back then and watched only a few Miami (FL) games.

BTW, Ok St. wins this 33-16...
Old 11-14-2010   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't understand why people still complain about Greg Davis and say that he should be fired at this point. GD should have been fired like 7 years ago, but that will never happen if Mack is there. Mack told the University that he would quit if GD was fired and he meant it. GD is going nowhere as long as Mack is there, and that's just that. And as far as the offense goes, Mack is just as much to blame for that as GD is, because GD runs an offense similar to what Mack tells him he wants his offense to be. Mack has said that himself. This humiliation of the Longhorns falls on Mack Brown more than anything.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Really? What I remember about him is them winning the national championship and being able to recruit top athletes. I could be wrong because I was a kid back then and watched only a few Miami (FL) games.

BTW, Ok St. wins this 33-16...
Butch Davis recruited those beasts they had. Coker inherited a star studded squad. Coker wasn't too bad at recruiting, but he was awful on the field.
Old 11-14-2010   #18
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas has to beat FAU and A&M just to scrape by and become bowl eligible and even then they'll probably be in the Ticketcity or Pinstripe bowl.

Mack isn't going anywhere nor should he. He's won 10 games for the past several years and a national championship and just this year he had a bad season. He'd need 2 more bad seasons to get ousted.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #19
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

All i can say is I'm very disappointed in this season...I didn't even watch the game tonight..I watched Oregon instead.First game in 10 years that i haven't seen a Longhorns game...sucks...

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #20
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I was pulling for tu in order to help TAMU. It's a weird year like that. I had the same dirty feeling when I was pulling for the dallas cowboys to beat the AFC South opponents in order to help the Texans. My hatred for tu and dallas of course grew because they didn't help me and I rooted for them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read