Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-12-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WAC expands with three schools

The WAC said Thursday it was adding the University of Texas-San Antonio and Texas State to a football lineup that will lose the BCS-busting Broncos next year and key members Fresno State and Nevada Wolf Pack in 2012.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5792840
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #2
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WAC expands with three schools

Wow, UTSA hasn't even fielded a team and they're going to move up?!?! I guess its good for them and it might help in terms of recruiting. Sam goes for Texas State although I have my doubts if they can hang with other WAC colleges as most of TxSt recurits are smaller and not well known or highly recruited...meant no disrespect by this in anyway, just saying.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Wow, UTSA hasn't even fielded a team and they're going to move up?!?! I guess its good for them and it might help in terms of recruiting. Sam goes for Texas State although I have my doubts if they can hang with other WAC colleges as most of TxSt recurits are smaller and not well known or highly recruited...meant no disrespect by this in anyway, just saying.
Considering the quality of the schools in the WAC, I could see both Texas State and UTSA have okay seasons pretty quickly. UTSA has a quality coach in Larry Coker leading their program though. Not sure if Texas State is going to go in a different direction or not though. Maybe this will actually increase attendance of games here in San Marcos though because nobody (including me) really cares about the football team. I'll go to the games but I'm not a die-hard supporter of Bobcat football.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Considering the quality of the schools in the WAC, I could see both Texas State and UTSA have okay seasons pretty quickly. UTSA has a quality coach in Larry Coker leading their program though. Not sure if Texas State is going to go in a different direction or not though. Maybe this will actually increase attendance of games here in San Marcos though because nobody (including me) really cares about the football team. I'll go to the games but I'm not a die-hard supporter of Bobcat football.
People cared when Nealy was running the team

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read