Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2010   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans who should not be on roster'11

Adibi, Andre Davis,Owen Daniels (1/2 way through his last season and another team will give him more $), Matt Leinert, Damione Lewis, Antwaun Molden, Jesse Nading, Dan Orslovsky, Karl Paymah, Steve Slaton, Kasey Studdard, Eugene Wilson, Dominque Barber.

Bubble guys: Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, Anthony Hill, Jason Allen, Zack Diles
Old 11-12-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans who should not be on roster'11

Amobi?
Old 11-12-2010   #3
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected

So we get rid of both our back up QB?

Nading will be back in my opinion.
Wilson will be back.

Walter, JJ, Diles will be back.

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody not named Antonio Smith, Arian Foster or Vonta Leach.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Every team in the league has people on the bubble we aren't the only ones.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #6
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Ya that Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub suck and need to be gone!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #7
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11151 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Andre Johnson?
Old 11-12-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think we'll get rid of both of our backup QBs. That's just not a good idea even if it costs money to keep one of them. Other than that, if they ain't contributing to winning, bye bye.

Backup QBs are rarely valuable, until you need one, and then you usually need one in the worst way.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

molden & pretty much all of our DT's sounds about right.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually hoping we can bring Leinart back...

If Kubiak is the coach, I do not see that much turnover happening...

I know that isn't really a heck of a lot of players, but there are a few starters, cheap guys, guys who would make good depth on that list. I also don't see us letting go of alot of guys that he's drafted...Maybe if they've proven to be almost worthless, but some of those guys listed are decent depth at least...

If we have a whole new coaching staff in here then I'd say that open us up to a lot more changes in personnel...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Amobi?
He is solvent (right word?) against the run and is sometimes getting in general vicinity of the QB. I see him as a back up, with my first round choice Nick Fairley starting opposite Mitchell.
Old 11-12-2010   #12
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Deuces to Pollard as well
Old 11-12-2010   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post
So we get rid of both our back up QB?

Nading will be back in my opinion.
Wilson will be back.

Walter, JJ, Diles will be back.

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone.
I think Kubiak has given up on Danny O. and Leinert will get an offer like Rex grossman did imo. There is an outside chance M.L. could be back on the cheap as he has had little time to show any skills to other teams.
Old 11-12-2010   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Every team in the league has people on the bubble we aren't the only ones.
I don't spend money or root for those others but thanks for the secret information.
Old 11-12-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I really don't think we'll get rid of both of our backup QBs. That's just not a good idea even if it costs money to keep one of them. Other than that, if they ain't contributing to winning, bye bye.

Backup QBs are rarely valuable, until you need one, and then you usually need one in the worst way.
Which do you see as valuable if Schaub goes out? It is time for Smithak to spend a high draft pick and begin to develop a backup Qb that could actually play if necessary.
Old 11-12-2010   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothng in particular "wrong" with the playrs listed. The larger context contains some significant issues

1) Do any othese guys (along with the team) play better in the 2nd half of the season
2) Is Kubiak the head coach?
3) Is Frank Bush the DC?
4) What are the free agency rules established by the new CBA between the players and teams?
5) injuries (not just the bubble players)
Old 11-12-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Which do you see as valuable if Schaub goes out? It is time for Smithak to spend a high draft pick and begin to develop a backup Qb that could actually play if necessary.
Shouldn't we be spending our high draft choices on defensive players?

oh wait......

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Frank Bush

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read