Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2010   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans: Leader of AFC South Division (Week 12)

Well, as doom & gloom as many of us are feeling right now about the remainder of the season... we fans get the pleasure of looking MORE than 1 game ahead. We're halfway through the season which means there are 8 games remaining. Time to put the battle red optimist hat on and project the next 3 games. Interestingly enough, it's still a VERY close race with 3 teams having a 6-5 record. Texans will go 2-1 over the next 3 weeks while the rest of the division goes 1-2. With that, the Texans will be sitting at the top of the AFC South because of division record!

Houston Texans: 4-4
@ Jacksonville Jaguars - We win this
@ New York Jets - We lose this
Tennessee Titans - We must win this

That puts us at 6-5 overall with a 3-1 division record and a 5-3 conference record.

Tennessee Titans: 5-3
@ Miami Dolphins - Lose this weekend
Washington Redskins - Win at home
@ Houston Texans - They must lose this game

That puts the Titans at 6-5 overall with a 1-1 division record and a 2-5 conference record.

Indianapolis Colts: 5-3
Cincinnati Bengals - Win at home
@ New England Patriots - Loss to the Pats
San Diego Chargers - Loss to the Chargers

That puts the Colts at 6-5 overall with a 1-2 division record and a 4-4 conference record.

Jacksonville Jaguars: 4-4
Houston Texans - Loss to the good guys
Cleveland Browns - Win at home against the Browns
@ New York Giants - Loss at the Giants

That puts the Jaguars at 5-6 overall with a 1-2 division record and a 4-4 conference record.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 11-12-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans: Leader of AFC South Division (Week 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

That puts us at 6-5 overall with a 3-1 division record and a 5-3 conference record.
I am really not trying to be a doom and gloomer and I would go absolutely bonkers if we could finally turn the corner this year. That said though, here is what I think.

@ JAX - Unfortunately IMHO this is a toss up game. I think in the end we win, I really do, but I would not be shocked by losing.

@ NJY - I agree that most likely we lose. Especially if there is bad weather that we are not used to. The question is how bad we lose. If we dominate JAX I will take faith, hope and a grain of salt into this game that we can pull it off.

Vs Bumblescum Hootinanies - As much as I say this through absolutely clenched jaw and gritted teeth, VY does kick it up a notch when he plays the Texans and finds ways to beat us. Even more begrudgingly I must admit he is getting a little better at QB and now has Randy Moss. So he doesn't even have to aim that much as much as he can just sling it and let moss get it, and of course...."Kareem Jackson will fall down."

Now, after having to give credit to the toothless wonders from Smokey Mt., I will go stand in the middle of the street and await peace.....lol...jk

Seriously though it is a must win againt Bumblescum and I really, really hope this is what happens.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I fully expect the Texans to get swept by both Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Whenever these teams are healthy enough, and the season is still in
the balance, the Texans ALWAYS lose to these teams. Under Kubiak,
they always lose to division teams when the game has
season-on-the-line stakes for both sides. Garrard and company are
healthy. Vince Young owns the Texans. There will be no Kerry Collins
to fumble the game away this year. The Texans have gotten their
obligatory division win already, now look for four more losses.

....prove me wrong Texans..

...........I doubt you will, because you haven't yet.
Old 11-12-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it!

Only thing is I dont see the Colts losing to the Chargers in Indy if they already lost to the Pats. They are too good to lose 2x in a row

Also, the Jags would be 5-6 in your scenario

With as many division games as weve got remaining (Indy and Tenn hae yet to even play each other, so thats 2 guaranteed losses going to one or split between the two teams) I think weve got a real shot to still salvage our season
Old 11-12-2010   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I fully expect the Texans to get swept by both Tennessee and Jacksonville.

Whenever these teams are healthy enough, and the season is still in
the balance, the Texans ALWAYS lose to these teams. Under Kubiak,
they always lose to division teams when the game has
season-on-the-line stakes for both sides. Garrard and company are
healthy. Vince Young owns the Texans. There will be no Kerry Collins
to fumble the game away this year. The Texans have gotten their
obligatory division win already, now look for four more losses.

....prove me wrong Texans..

...........I doubt you will, because you haven't yet.
The Jags just lost their best pass rusher for the season with a torn ACL .
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say the Jaguars are completely healthy. It's time we start winning, we have to and I think these players will whip into shape. Aaron Kampman, their best pass rusher is out for the season. And Gerrard doesn't scare me.

Vince Young is likely to play this weekend, but his ankle has been hurt. Sure he's beaten us well in the past but we beat them IN tennessee last year. Every game is pretty much a "must win" for us the remainder of the season and we've got to find a way to win at tennessee again or we're dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I like it!

Only thing is I dont see the Colts losing to the Chargers in Indy if they already lost to the Pats. They are too good to lose 2x in a row

Also, the Jags would be 5-6 in your scenario

With as many division games as weve got remaining (Indy and Tenn hae yet to even play each other, so thats 2 guaranteed losses going to one or split between the two teams) I think weve got a real shot to still salvage our season
I think they'll lose to the Pats like usual but SD may be a different story. The Longhorns hadn't lost 3 games at home in I don't know how long but Iowa St. and Baylor, of all teams, took care of that for them!! Vincent Jackson may be back for week 12 and will have a big game against the colts -I can feel it!

Crap, I knew I did som'n wrong. Thanks, I fixed the record.

I think the best thing that can happen for us is if Tenn/Indy split. There's no way we get a wildcard spot this year. We NEED our division foes to go 1-2 these next to weeks. If not, tennessee could be looking pretty esp. if they beat Indy.
Old 11-12-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The Jags just lost their best pass rusher for the season with a torn ACL .
Didn't the Texans lose to the Colts last year with both Mathis and Freeney
out? I'm still not convinced.
Old 11-12-2010   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post OMT! It has been a disappointing first half, but there is still A LOT of football to be played. Winning the division games, will be the key to the Texans staying in the race.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Didn't the Texans lose to the Colts last year with both Mathis and Freeney out? I'm still not convinced.
Mathis played in both, Freeney may have been out the 2nd one though.

I was gonna ask if David Gerrard would be able to overcome that the same way Peyton Manning can and lead his team from being down 20-7 in the first half.... but then our secondary snuck into my mind. lol

I'm not convinced we're going to sweep the Jags... but I'm certainly convinced that they're really not that big of a dangerous team.
Old 11-12-2010   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mathis played in both, Freeney may have been out the 2nd one though.
Ahh.. That's the game the Colts tried to hand over to the Texans in the
first quarter, and the Texans still got beat. I'll never forget the
face of that exasperated 12-year-old after the Colts scored the final
touchdown.

I'm glad I GIF'ed it...

Old 11-12-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
touchdown.

I'm glad I GIF'ed it...

I just want to know who the dumb dude is that is wearing a Peyton Manning jersey to a Texans/Jets game. A) Peyton isn't playing B) He is everything anti Texan.

Reminds of that guy that was wearing the Roger Staubach jersey when they were reviewing Foster's "dropped" TD pass on last Sunday. Dude kept waving his hand as if to say incomplete. You could tell he was hating because his Cowboys are the pits.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, as doom & gloom as many of us are feeling right now about the remainder of the season... we fans get the pleasure of looking MORE than 1 game ahead. We're halfway through the season which means there are 8 games remaining. Time to put the battle red optimist hat on and project the next 3 games. Interestingly enough, it's still a VERY close race with 3 teams having a 6-5 record. Texans will go 2-1 over the next 3 weeks while the rest of the division goes 1-2. With that, the Texans will be sitting at the top of the AFC South because of division record!

Tennessee Titans: 5-3
@ Miami Dolphins - Lose this weekend
Washington Redskins - Win at home
@ Houston Texans - They must lose this game

That puts the Titans at 6-5 overall with a 1-1 division record and a 2-5 conference record.

Indianapolis Colts: 5-3
Cincinnati Bengals - Win at home
@ New England Patriots - Loss to the Pats
San Diego Chargers - Loss to the Chargers

That puts the Colts at 6-5 overall with a 1-2 division record and a 4-4 conference record.

Jacksonville Jaguars: 4-4
Houston Texans - Loss to the good guys
Cleveland Browns - Win at home against the Browns
@ New York Giants - Loss at the Giants

That puts the Jaguars at 5-6 overall with a 1-2 division record and a 4-4 conference record.
The five games after that is what concerns me. I predicted 12-4 and yes we still have a chance..bwahahaha
Old 11-12-2010   #13
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I just want to know who the dumb dude is that is wearing a Peyton Manning jersey to a Texans/Jets game. A) Peyton isn't playing B) He is everything anti Texan.

Reminds of that guy that was wearing the Roger Staubach jersey when they were reviewing Foster's "dropped" TD pass on last Sunday. Dude kept waving his hand as if to say incomplete. You could tell he was hating because his Cowboys are the pits.
That is the texans-colts game. Check the score IND 34 HOU 20.

but i agree no one should ever wear a Peyton jersey in reliant
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
touchdown.

I'm glad I GIF'ed it...

Haha! Yes, that's the one where we dominated going into the 2nd half. Peyton leads them downfield 3 times for touchdowns and Schaub throws that quick pass that Session returns of an INT TD that seals the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read