Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Time keeps on slipping on Kevin Walter

This is what, 3 games with no receptions? I'm sorry but that's inexcusable. What's the deal with that? I know Kubiak has stated that he's largely the reason we are having so much success on the ground but KW gets paid to catch footballs and he's not getting open to catch anything.

It used to be you would see Schaub wind up and chuck it down field to a completely open Kevin Walter but that's not the case no more.

Is it time to go WR in the draft or FA? I know we got JJ but even he has been way inconsistent to depend on as a #2.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time keeps on slipping on Kevin Walter

I was also really hoping/thinking that JJ could be the #2 now but clearly he's not ready.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont even have words to express the surprise Im feeling right now. Our STARTING wide receiver has caught ZERO balls in three consecutive games? Wow. Wow. Thats all I can say.

Thats 100% inexcusable. And embarrassing.

He's only been targeted 5 times in the past 3 games, meaning he simply is not getting open. With JJ and AJ both coming off injuries, this is ridiculous
Old 11-12-2010   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I dont even have words to express the surprise Im feeling right now. Our STARTING wide receiver has caught ZERO balls in three consecutive games? Wow. Wow. Thats all I can say.

Thats 100% inexcusable. And embarrassing.

He's only been targeted 5 times in the past 3 games, meaning he simply is not getting open. With JJ and AJ both coming off injuries, this is ridiculous
Are you sure this is all on KW.......or is Schaub locking on his first receiver and failing to go through his progressions?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ds are probably focusing more on him with AJ not playing healthy. I don't know; I haven't watched that close.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #6
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to pick up a WR in the draft.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

He got paid.

Nah, I don't think KW's that kinda guy. Never know
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2010   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The Ds are probably focusing more on him with AJ not playing healthy. I don't know; I haven't watched that close.
KW feasted on AJ drawing triple coverage. Without that threat, KW's
simply not talented enough to consistently beat coverage on his own.
Old 11-12-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

To be fair, KW has drawn a few pass interference penalties.

Still, our #2 should be worth more than that. His performance has been subpar and watching him on the field in the KC and SD game, he didn't get open very often. I will say that a lot of Kubiak's plays are designed to draw coverage into a certain area of the field to open up other areas of the field, which is why AJ is so wide open some times. Still, KW needs to be a target.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
To be fair, KW has drawn a few pass interference penalties.

Still, our #2 should be worth more than that. His performance has been subpar and watching him on the field in the KC and SD game, he didn't get open very often. I will say that a lot of Kubiak's plays are designed to draw coverage into a certain area of the field to open up other areas of the field, which is why AJ is so wide open some times. Still, KW needs to be a target.
I think when you combine that with the success of Arian Foster, which means the amount of times thrown to KW will decrease, it kind of shows why the decline but when we pass it is obvious he's not getting open.
Old 11-12-2010   #11
record
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 record is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respected

I think last season the O took a lot more advantage of what the D was giving them, which is where Walter, Anderson and check downs come in. It really feels like Schuab if forcing the ball to AJ to much this year.

I also think that since we are running the ball more and not spreading the receivers out wide as much, Walter is having a harder time getting open. Since he doesn't have a physical advantage on most DBs, he needs space to get open and that doesn't happen as easily unless spread out.
record is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Its Jag time Usually KW has his best games agansit the Kittens
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

So I thinks this begs the question, do we look for another #2 in the offseason? I think so. I believe we let the talent at WR rest, and we need to get another guy that can stretch the field or be a better route runner.
Old 11-12-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So I thinks this begs the question, do we look for another #2 in the offseason? I think so. I believe we let the talent at WR rest, and we need to get another guy that can stretch the field or be a better route runner.
We have to. JJ drops way to many balls. He is awful in the short passing game. We also desperately need a slot receiver. DA is beyond incapable of making plays in the NFL. Should have let Denver sign him for a second round pick.
Old 11-12-2010   #15
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117888 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
KW feasted on AJ drawing triple coverage. Without that threat, KW's
simply not talented enough to consistently beat coverage on his own.
Yep. OD being what he is isn't helping.

Wes Welker has also been awful without Moss in NE. A superstar can make mediocre talent look good.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
. DA is beyond incapable of making plays in the NFL. Should have let Denver sign him for a second round pick.
Haha, that was never an option. It would have been Denver's 7th rounder.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Who then might be available to replace these guys, draft or FA? It sucks because just a year ago, these guys were making plays left and right and being explosive. Anyone remember the game Jacoby had against Miami last year?
Old 11-12-2010   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The drop off of Walter is puzzling; Jones not making a big leap this year is less so, because some players just never get there.

The improvement in the running game should not effect these two that much, and to me it appears like a chicken and egg question. Is it the QB or receivers? There has to be an offensive system component too.

It will be interesting to see if the Texans can correct this problem over the rest of the season.
Old 11-12-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm convinced it's Dennison. I couldn't tell you why, I just think it's an issue with his scheme and play design.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #20
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Are you sure this is all on KW.......or is Schaub locking on his first receiver and failing to go through his progressions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I'm convinced it's Dennison. I couldn't tell you why, I just think it's an issue with his scheme and play design.
I think you have two of the answers right there..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read