Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chiefs Defense?

Frailty

Practice Squad
The Chiefs got a new defensive coordinator will this matter?

When you look at it their secondary isnt that bad? they got two pretty decent safties, and Barber and Fujita are no pushovers at LB, they got Lionel Dalton in the offseason but I think he's a little overrated. The chiefs still scare me though. With their huge offensive potential, how can anybody stop them if their defense is even just top 20?

Well, as we've all seen over the past few years defense wins championships. The Chiefs do fine during the regular season with their subpar defense. However, a team needs a balance of offense and defense to win the big game. Take New England for example. Their defense wasn't stifling, and it wasn't being compared to the 85 Bears or the Ravens, but it got stops or turnovers when it needed to do so. Their offense wasn't prolific either by any means, it simply scored when it needed to also. I think the Chiefs main problem was their bad luck drawing an equally impressive offensive team in the Colts. Does that mean they would have faired any better if they'd drawn another opponent? Probably not. They might have gotten past the first game, but they never would have made it to the Super Bowl. The point is that the Chiefs time is running out to win a title, and since the biggest offseason addition was the D-Coordinator it doesn't look like they'll win it this year either unlesss he has a tremendous impact.

a new defensive coordinator won't matter this year...it'll matter next year...but their defense will still be horrible against the run and pass until they pick up some better players...their previous defensive drafts have been bad...they've had to go to free agency to bring in some help and it has but only on a mediocre level...they still need help in the LB's, and more so in the DB's

Back