Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default James Casey time to shine!

I read that James Casey is going to get more opportunity to be on the field due to OD's recent injury. I thought he had a decent game this past week. If I recall he had a catch that he powered over someone to make a first down. I hope he has one of those suprise games where the other team finally gets to say where in the world did that guy come from?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Casey time to shine!

u play your hot hand of course he will get more playing time
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Casey fan here...he's super athletic and versatile. Plus, he's a humble and a good teammate. Really hope he sees success...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I think Casey would be even more useful if we audibled.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude has glue for hands and should've been given a larger role since week 1. But nah, let's roll OD, who's admitted his lack of trust in his knee, out there just to get his legs back under him. Pffft!
Old 11-12-2010   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

OD is pretty good when he's fit, but he's been banged-up and/or recovering from last years blown-out knee all season, and I can't figure why they haven't played Casey more ? He's got tremendous hands and he's clearly more effective than OD at this time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #7
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

go casey....go texans... go positive thread
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2010   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
go casey....go texans... go positive thread
Roger on the positive thread. I'd like to see alot more of Casey as well. Great hands and can make positve yardage after the catch.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was obvious in the SD game he was part of the plan, Schaub looked his way a good amount of times. He even tried to force one or two throws to him that probably weren't the best decision.

I was thinking during that game it sure seems like they are making an effort to get him the ball. I hope it continues with even better results.
Old 11-12-2010   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109073 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw Casey get a downfield reception, I knew he was ready to be the starter. Even Yahoo fantasy says that he would be a starter on most teams.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Casey is a better option than OD or Dreesen.

I think he is more athletic and I think he catches the ball better.

I wish we could have traded OD while we could have and upgraded another area of the team. Maybe they didn't get any good offers, or maybe they just didn't want to part with him...who knows...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #12
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
IMO, Casey is a better option than OD or Dreesen.

I think he is more athletic and I think he catches the ball better.

I wish we could have traded OD while we could have and upgraded another area of the team. Maybe they didn't get any good offers, or maybe they just didn't want to part with him...who knows...
Who would trade for a guy coming off of a major injury before he's even proven that he's recovered from it?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Who would trade for a guy coming off of a major injury before he's even proven that he's recovered from it?
He had a few weeks back to show that he recovered from it. It's not like they would have traded him before he even played a down...

And I'm not saying trade him for a first round pick...I'd have taken anything that could have possibly benefited the team...especially since we have talent behind him that I believe can be just as effective...

But that's besides the point...There are plenty of suckers out there...There are plenty of people who would trade good assets for a pro bowl TE, even coming off the injury...

Look at some of the trades that have happened in the last few years...The Randy Moss trade and then cutting him...Sucker...

Belichick is constantly trading and getting value back...

I honestly would have taken a fifth rounder for OD...Find a team that is short at the TE position and get what you can get...better than having him hobble around all season and then possibly losing him for nothing in the off-season...
Old 11-13-2010   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if he does well OD or dressen wil be gone
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Anyone with an opinion on Casey's run blocking or pass protection?
Old 11-13-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Anyone with an opinion on Casey's run blocking or pass protection?
I haven't seen a whole lot of him to say that he performs consitently, but the little that I have seen he is a good run blocker...Haven't seen him in pass pro much...But I'm not all that concerned with his pass protection...I'll take the low end of decent there if he is a good run blocker and pass catcher...
Old 11-14-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wanting to see Casey highly involved since we drafted him. I'm supposed to believe that finally this week they're going to go to him and use him as the weapon that he is? I won't hold my breath on that one. It would be nice to see, but I won't believe that they didn't waste a draft pick on this guy until I see them fully utilizing him consistently.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I haven't seen a whole lot of him to say that he performs consitently, but the little that I have seen he is a good run blocker...Haven't seen him in pass pro much...But I'm not all that concerned with his pass protection...I'll take the low end of decent there if he is a good run blocker and pass catcher...
He's not good at all. Too small, doesn't use what leverage he has..... KDub is a better TE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I've been wanting to see Casey highly involved since we drafted him. I'm supposed to believe that finally this week they're going to go to him and use him as the weapon that he is? I won't hold my breath on that one. It would be nice to see, but I won't believe that they didn't waste a draft pick on this guy until I see them fully utilizing him consistently.
Seeing the highlights, listening to the hype..... yeah, my hopes were pretty high for the kid.

Watching Dallas Clark, Percy Harvin, Dexter McCluster make defenses look stupid while we've got our guy playing special teams........ :sigh:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read