Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-11-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bret Favre at his finest

Bret says he will not return next year per espn bottom screen ribbon. This dude needs to be put down so the rest of the NFL can move on.
Old 11-12-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bret Favre at his finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Bret says he will not return next year per espn bottom screen ribbon. This dude needs to be put down so the rest of the NFL can move on.
I think he's trying to rally the troops.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #3
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the soap opera might finally end if someone offered this man a job as a QB coach. He could stay with the game without worrying about his physical prowess.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brett went from a great player to the biggest punk ass drama queen that I've seen in sports . He has passed Carl Lewis and Mary Decker as a diva .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

'eh, dude still has game in him. I can't hate on him for that, and it's not my team that's in the spotlight.

George Blanda was lucky that he didn't have the 24/7 news cycle/ESPN/NFLN when he was playing in his 40's.
Old 11-12-2010   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
'eh, dude still has game in him. I can't hate on him for that, and it's not my team that's in the spotlight.

George Blanda was lucky that he didn't have the 24/7 news cycle/ESPN/NFLN when he was playing in his 40's.
Did Blanda ever retire/unretire/retire/unretire/retire/unretire and then use his retirement as leverage for more salary and perks and have coaches flying down to ride on his tractor? We don't know, because the media didn't do things the same way back then, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not.

It's like the Lebron James thing. If he wants to change teams, good for him. No one outside CLE would really hate him or like him too much because of that decision. Do the whole diva act on national TV and all of a sudden people think he's an asshat. Like that wasn't predictable.
Old 11-12-2010   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Did Blanda ever retire/unretire/retire/unretire/retire/unretire and then use his retirement as leverage for more salary and perks and have coaches flying down to ride on his tractor?

We don't know, because the media didn't do things the same way back then, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not.
Who knows what he was thinking at the end of his career, though, because we didn't have reporters camping at his gate and rooting through his garbage.

I could honestly care less about Favre because it doesn't effect me. I enjoy watching him play ball, like his enthusiasm for the sport, and appreciate seeing a HoF player while we still have him. Life is short, so it's only a matter of time before he's gone from the NFL for good.

I guess I just don't understand the impatience with it, especially when my team has bigger issues that we are supposed to sit on as "good fans". But haters gotta' hate, I suppose.
Old 11-12-2010   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Who knows what he was thinking at the end of his career, though, because we didn't have reporters camping at his gate and rooting through his garbage.

I could honestly care less about Favre because it doesn't effect me. I enjoy watching him play ball, like his enthusiasm for the sport, and appreciate seeing a HoF player while we still have him. Life is short, so it's only a matter of time before he's gone from the NFL for good.

I guess I just don't understand the impatience with it, especially when my team has bigger issues that we are supposed to sit on as "good fans". But haters gotta' hate, I suppose.
For me, it all boils down to one simple thing: if I want to see or hear about Brett Favre on my TV, it needs to be on the field, playing football. All the extraneous drama is just garbage, and while the media is responsible for it, there are things Brett Favre could do to mitigate the problem. Instead, he thrives on the drama.

Drama. Queen.
Old 11-12-2010   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Between his gimpy ankle, busted up chin, jacked up elbow, & his impending suspension/divorce, I think he finally knows that noone's gonna put up with his garbage anymore & i truly believe him this time around. All this combined with the fact that the league is supposedly going to 18 games in the future has probably helped him see the writing on the wall that has been there for about 2 years, just written with disappearing ink.

Maybe he can Vinny Testaverde a few more seasons, but that's about it.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
For me, it all boils down to one simple thing: if I want to see or hear about Brett Favre on my TV, it needs to be on the field, playing football. All the extraneous drama is just garbage, and while the media is responsible for it, there are things Brett Favre could do to mitigate the problem. Instead, he thrives on the drama.

Drama. Queen.
yeah, that's just the entertainment-driven media. Same reason why a 1-7 Cowboys team gets 10 times the publicity as teams with winning records right now. They have their ratings favorites and beat those dead horses into the ground. I understand where you're coming from, but again, it doesn't effect me because I simply avoid it...

Which is why I never watch live tv anymore, and my fast forward button on my DVR is probably going to get worn out. I just skip over the reports of stuff that I don't care about, so I skip the off-the-field drama stuff of most stories....unless it's Randy Moss, because that dude's bad attitude is entertaining, after all.
Old 11-13-2010   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
I think the soap opera might finally end if someone offered this man a job as a QB coach. He could stay with the game without worrying about his physical prowess.
You really believe that? All I see is him coaching until week 13, with his team on the bubble, his starting QB having some season ending injury during training/in the weight room/at dinner with Brett Favre, and BOOM....number 4 is coming back to save the day!
Old 11-13-2010   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It trips me out how so many people aim their venom at all the wrong places and have this hatred for Favre just because he wants to still make a living doing what he can still do better than half the guys around the league.

Joe Texan says he needs to be put down so the rest of the NFL can move on. Lol! As if Favre is holding people back. How about saying that ESPN needs to be put down as a network for shoving this Favre crap down our throats so the rest of the football news can move on. Favre doesn't make any of these teams do anything. They choose to follow him and allow him to take forever for his decisions. No one wants to get mad at the Vikings and Childress though. It's all Favre's fault. No one wants to blame the joke of a network in ESPN. It's all Favre's fault. They do the same thing with the coverage of Lebron as well. I don't ever watch ESPN unless I have to. I boycotted that station two years ago because it became such trash. I wish other people would do the same. We might get better reporting one day.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's like the Lebron James thing. If he wants to change teams, good for him. No one outside CLE would really hate him or like him too much because of that decision. Do the whole diva act on national TV and all of a sudden people think he's an asshat. Like that wasn't predictable.
You're making a personal decision to follow these stories though. Why does it anger or frustrate you if you choose to follow this stuff and give ratings to networks and media outlets that saturate these stories to death. I don't follow any of the Favre and Lebron stuff hardly. Sure, I have to hear about it here and there, but for the most part it's pretty easily avoidable for me. If that's their angle they're discussing on something I change the station. I don't give ratings to talk radio stations and tv stations for this kind of stuff. I ignore it as much as I can. I follow these guys on the field and I choose to want to see them stick around mainly based off of their performance. Unless an athlete is constantly out there running their mouth on political stuff or other subjects and making themselves controversial on purpose, I don't blame them for what ESPN and other media outlets choose to do. The media outlets are the ones to blame. Not the athlete.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #14
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

hate to say it but i totally agree with Texecutioner here.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #15
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bret is fully aware of the media circus he createsThere is no one that has created so much drama as to if he plays or does not play. Minnisota took a gamble and it paid off for a while but the Circus started and as soon as he gets hurt he starts it for next year. You cannot put his Drama on the Vikings or the Packers it is all Favre and he was well aware that ESPN would sensationalize his every move. I gurantee he would have one to the Bears if they would have had him. Just to strum the guitar of ESPNS drummers.
Old 11-15-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Bret is fully aware of the media circus he createsThere is no one that has created so much drama as to if he plays or does not play. Minnisota took a gamble and it paid off for a while but the Circus started and as soon as he gets hurt he starts it for next year. You cannot put his Drama on the Vikings or the Packers it is all Favre and he was well aware that ESPN would sensationalize his every move. I gurantee he would have one to the Bears if they would have had him. Just to strum the guitar of ESPNS drummers.
Nope, ESPN is equally at fault here, if not more...they're the one's who are posting up tools on his front lawn every offseason, create a completely different scroll topic named "Farve" every offseason, and send Racheal Nichols down to Mississippi to film him airing it out to HS players every offseason.

Is Brett at fault, yes......is ESPN at fault also, if not even more at fault...

HELL YES, they're the ones that keep this crap going and subject us to this crap every year.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Hey, did you know that the "E" in ESPN stands for ENTERTAINMENT??

yeah, they have nothing to do with the circus that they create and perpetuate.
Old 11-18-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Both of them share the blame period end of story.
Old 11-18-2010   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Both of them share the blame period end of story.
Dang, Gary - didn't expect to see you sporting the soap.

And look at you with 13k posts.
Old 11-22-2010   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

plain and simple, brett favre is a troll. threads like these feed trolls. if nobody talked about him, we wouldn't hear about him so much. shouldn't be hard to understand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read