Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2010   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does this organization care about winning or are they just incompetent

Watching Falcons vs Ravens.
1. Our Dline is a JOKE. Really makes a secondary look worse than it may be.
Didn't our coaching/Fo realize this. Could have made a move in free agency.DID NOTHING Peppers...
2. Secondary, won't even go there. DID NOTHING
3.Receivers have 1 great one and below average on rest. Teams able to handle AJ because NOBODY else. Daniels coming off injury. Could have made BIG move and picked up someone. DID NOTHING Bouldin...
4. Does McNair put the cuffs on or did our Coaching/FO really think we were good in all areas. Whatever the Texans as an organization can't evaluate talent as seen in our drafts, can't see what they have both negative and positive (I am not sure they know Foster is good.
5. Coaching does not know how to get the most out of what they have. In other words they get OUTCOACHED badly in all areas.

COULD IT BE THE COACHES/FO DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THAT THE TEAM THEY PUT TOGETHER IS NOT GOOD? SO THEY BLOW SMOKE OR WORSE YET REALLY BELIEVE THEY DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE.

McNair is a good guy but he is hands off and trusts who he has hired which is great if you hired the right people. Therefore takes something drastic to happen before a change is made. Getting more depressed thinking about it.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #2
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does this organization care about winning or are they just incompetent

Let's put a heart monitor on mario.
The Atlanta Falcons put heart monitors on some of the players in practice and the game. They can monitor the players heart rate.

Last edited by gafftop; 11-12-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2010   #3
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Does this organization care about winning or are they just incompetent

Comment just made
"When the game is on the line you want your best players in the game even if they may be a little tired." Hope Kubiak is listening.

Last edited by gafftop; 11-12-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2010   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

sigh...does this thread care its about the 100th neg thread on this site and its getting freaking old. fairweather fans and alot of captain hindsighting going on round here.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah they care

but

The Giants ,Cowboys,Chargers,colts

care about winning 2 so when u got two teams that care that go head to head shit is going to happen sometimes
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #6
Judge Pinot
Rookie

I will go as far to say that this organization does want to win, just like all 31 other teams do. I just am amazed at how mentally dense/fickle/ridiculous fans seem to get if their team doesn't win every game. Let's face it, the talent on the defensive side of the ball is GARBAGE. And truthfully, I'd be surprised if we finish any better than 8-8 with the weak sauce defenders on this team. All I can do is continue supporting my team. Trust me change is coming, and no doubt heads will roll. Including King Softie Kubiak's. As for even contemplating that the organization is purposefully laying down, or not trying to field a quality team is bull****, and anyone who thinks so is downright idiotic.
Judge Pinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #7
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Watching Falcons vs Ravens.
1. Our Dline is a JOKE. Really makes a secondary look worse than it may be.
Didn't our coaching/Fo realize this. Could have made a move in free agency.DID NOTHING Peppers...
2. Secondary, won't even go there. DID NOTHING
Jeez man, we've only got so many first round picks to go through for our D.

We've consistently realised that our D is a problem all over, heavily invested in draft picks, and it seems like it just isn't working, but to say that they've done nothing isn't true...the only issue is what they have done isn't all that hot (not that I support splashing the coin on Peppers, who has picked up 2 sacks so far this year). If we'd been spending $91 million on free agents, and got very little in return, then I'd be going into overdrive. At least we haven't crippled the team financially got got nowhere.
Old 11-12-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Pinot View Post
I will go as far to say that this organization does want to win, just like all 31 other teams do. I just am amazed at how mentally dense/fickle/ridiculous fans seem to get if their team doesn't win every game. Let's face it, the talent on the defensive side of the ball is GARBAGE. And truthfully, I'd be surprised if we finish any better than 8-8 with the weak sauce defenders on this team. All I can do is continue supporting my team. Trust me change is coming, and no doubt heads will roll. Including King Softie Kubiak's. As for even contemplating that the organization is purposefully laying down, or not trying to field a quality team is bull****, and anyone who thinks so is downright idiotic.
Hold it.

1) No one is expecting any team to win every single game. Most of us know that going undefeated is an extremely rare feat.

2) You are criticizing fans for wanting better coaching while at the same time a) Saying that 8-8 is not good enough and b) slamming Kubiak; Which is it? Pick a side.

3) No one really thinks that this team is purposely laying down; Nor do most of us think that the team does not care about winning. HOWEVER, it is more than fair to question whether or not this team is willing to put all of their chips on the table in order to win. The overall concern is whether or not this team is playing it to safe in ALL of their decision making.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #9
Judge Pinot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Hold it.

1) No one is expecting any team to win every single game. Most of us know that going undefeated is an extremely rare feat.

2) You are criticizing fans for wanting better coaching while at the same time a) Saying that 8-8 is not good enough and b) slamming Kubiak; Which is it? Pick a side.

3) No one really thinks that this team is purposely laying down; Nor do most of us think that the team does not care about winning. HOWEVER, it is more than fair to question whether or not this team is willing to put all of their chips on the table in order to win. The overall concern is whether or not this team is playing it to safe in ALL of their decision making.
I'm just sick of all the blame being thrown at the coaching staff, front office and ownership. This defense is the unit that I despise the most. I'm sorry but the Texans are going nowhere fast with the 11 man roster we have out there. It's not even scheme anymore with these guys, it comes down to lack of talent. Kubiak will lose his job a la Wade Phillips because his team just doesn't perform, and the sad thing is that this OFFENSE is by far the most fundamentally sound unit we've had in our forgettable history. Please don't feel insulted by the fact that fans always seem to point the finger at the HC etc., when the players are the ones who have robbed this team of a post season chance.
Judge Pinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #10
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Just got depressed watching 2 real teams play ball. Falcons vs Ravens. I know all has been posted before but had to let off some steam.

Not to say the Texans can't beat the Ravens( they did look beatable) but based on recent past performance by both players and COACHING I doubt it.

I agree we play the players that we have, no quick fix there. We have what we have for this season.

The coaching though could get better immediately. All teams are very close and a couple of plays can make the difference between winning and losing. I think we do have the talent to win if the coaching staff makes good decisions. We do not have the players that can win no matter how the coaches coach. i do not think any of the teams are that dominant.

I am not advocating a change right now i just hope they start making better decisions.

1. 1st 4th down situation
2. 2nd 4th down hurry up, so bad in many ways.
3. Taking out Foster in the red zone.
Just to name a few. Not running more in 2nd Indy game.

All this losing would not be so frustrating if you thought there was no way the Texans could win. But everyone can see that they could have won 2-3 games more just by possibly making better coaching decisions. I know I am still rehashing old points.

You can't control what happens on the field during the actual play. BUT YOU CAN CONTROL THE DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE BEFORE THE BALL IS HIKED. THE COACHES HAVE FULL CONTROL IN THAT AREA. GOOD DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CONTROL.

thanks
Old 11-12-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just got depressed watching 2 real teams play ball. Falcons vs Ravens. I know all has been posted before but had to let off some steam.

Not to say the Texans can't beat the Ravens( they did look beatable) but based on recent past performance by both players and COACHING I doubt it.

I agree we play the players that we have, no quick fix there. We have what we have for this season.

The coaching though could get better immediately. All teams are very close and a couple of plays can make the difference between winning and losing. I think we do have the talent to win if the coaching staff makes good decisions. We do not have the players that can win no matter how the coaches coach. i do not think any of the teams are that dominant.

I am not advocating a change right now i just hope they start making better decisions.

1. 1st 4th down situation
2. 2nd 4th down hurry up, so bad in many ways.
3. Taking out Foster in the red zone.
Just to name a few. Not running more in 2nd Indy game.

All this losing would not be so frustrating if you thought there was no way the Texans could win. But everyone can see that they could have won 2-3 games more just by possibly making better coaching decisions. I know I am still rehashing old points.

You can't control what happens on the field during the actual play. BUT YOU CAN CONTROL THE DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE BEFORE THE BALL IS HIKED. THE COACHES HAVE FULL CONTROL IN THAT AREA. GOOD DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CONTROL.

thanks
Know what was even more depressing? When they flashed a picture of the Atlanta Falcon coach on the screen, then below it it said "Coach since 2008."

So, Atlanta got a new coach in 2008, and yet people were speculating that last night was a possible Super Bowl preview.

THAT is depressing.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
sigh...does this thread care its about the 100th neg thread on this site and its getting freaking old. fairweather fans and alot of captain hindsighting going on round here.
Fairweather fans stopped watching a long time ago. Urban Dictionary defines the term as "a fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams."

If someone is posting about the Texans on this board, even with a 'negative' perspective, they are not a fairweather fan. Matter-of-fact, I do not see any of the fans on these forums to be fairweather, frontrunner, or bandwagon fans. They still support the team, but they are unhappy and dissatisfied with the mediocre results. Just like you can love your country but not like the president, you can love your team but not like the head coach.

As far as Captain Hindsight, that is the nature of fans. Sportswriters make their living as Captain Hindsight, fans express their passion for the sport in the same way. This forum and sports talk radio would not exist without it.
Old 11-12-2010   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How did Dunta do did he play ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
How did Dunta do did he play ????
Yep. By the looks of it, Atlanta had about 3 or 4 coverage sacks. All the plays that were made for Ravens in the air were opposite Dunta.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010   #15
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Fairweather fans stopped watching a long time ago. Urban Dictionary defines the term as "a fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams."

If someone is posting about the Texans on this board, even with a 'negative' perspective, they are not a fairweather fan. Matter-of-fact, I do not see any of the fans on these forums to be fairweather, frontrunner, or bandwagon fans. They still support the team, but they are unhappy and dissatisfied with the mediocre results. Just like you can love your country but not like the president, you can love your team but not like the head coach.

As far as Captain Hindsight, that is the nature of fans. Sportswriters make their living as Captain Hindsight, fans express their passion for the sport in the same way. This forum and sports talk radio would not exist without it.

I agree totally. If I was a fairweather fan I sure wouldn't spend any time writing. Captain Hindsight I am not always because I am screaming at the set saying what the hell are you doing before / while it is happening. Also if I was SURE the season was over I would probably quit spending time writing until the draft comes along. You may not have to put up with me much longer this season.

The only thing the Texans can CONTROL at this time are the DECISIONS MADE before and during the game. I guess that is why I am so hard on Kubiak and the coaches. Also as a whole I think all the players are trying their hardest and playing to their ability except maybe one. thanks

The Falcons Dline brings it. They are fast and really get after the QB. If we had 75-80% of what they have we would not look so bad on defense. Hard to guage Dunta's play because he was playing with a good defense. I know we can do nothing substantial at this time of season except scheme and motivate and pray our DB's improve. AGAIN THE ONLY THING WE HAVE CONTROL OF IS OUR DECISIONS.

Last edited by gafftop; 11-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm just sick of all the blame being thrown at the coaching staff, front office and ownership. This defense is the unit that I despise the most. I'm sorry but the Texans are going nowhere fast with the 11 man roster we have out there. It's not even scheme anymore with these guys, it comes down to lack of talent. Kubiak will lose his job a la Wade Phillips because his team just doesn't perform, and the sad thing is that this OFFENSE is by far the most fundamentally sound unit we've had in our forgettable history. Please don't feel insulted by the fact that fans always seem to point the finger at the HC etc., when the players are the ones who have robbed this team of a post season chance.
You can't tell me our defensive coaches are trying to do things scheme wise to help our lack of talent. Only crazy good teams can run an extremely vanilla front like we win and expect victory. Our guys have flash in the pan type seasons their first year and then slowly get worse. That has to mean they lack quality coaching.
Old 11-12-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just one question: who picked the players?
Old 11-12-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just one question: who picked the players?
Burn.
Old 11-12-2010   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Quote:

Nice post DB. I was going to politely ask just what his definition of a fairweather fan is. The Texans are no team to follow for a fairweather sports fan. The peeps here show resilience for many things, not the least of which is being here today and expressing their concerns for their team.
Old 11-12-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
COULD IT BE THE COACHES/FO DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THAT THE TEAM THEY PUT TOGETHER IS NOT GOOD? SO THEY BLOW SMOKE OR WORSE YET REALLY BELIEVE THEY DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE.
I remember many people were thinking if we would just get a solid running game, we would be on our way to the play-offs.

Most of those people seem to have disappeared.

There is no doubt in my mind had we won the Chargers game there would be a totally different attitude around here. I don't think we would have had to have done anything majorly different. Arian Foster hold on to the ball in the End Zone. JJ catch the tipped ball in the End Zone.

It wouldn't have totally erase the putrid stench of the first 7 games, but it would have gone a long way towards the outlook of this team, going forward.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read