Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans injury status for Jags game

Texans Health Update:

Quote:
Andre Johnson Out [DNP], Matt Schaub Limited in Texans' Wednesday Practice

If Andre Johnson missing practice Wednesday was news, Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak said it shouldn't be moving forward.

That pretty much will be the norm the rest of the season.

Johnson, the NFL's leader in receiving yards the past two seasons, missed practice Wednesday with an ankle injury that has bothered him much of the season. He was one of three Texans out Wednesday, with linebacker Xavier Adibi (hamstring) and tight end Owen Daniels (hamstring) the others.

"He's not a hundred percent but there's not a lot of players in this league that play as many snaps as he plays," Kubiak said. "He's getting better and better. We've got a plan that he basically doesn't work until a little bit on Thursday and a little bit on Friday, and the further he goes without re-aggravating the injury, he's got a chance to get back to his old self here pretty quickly.

"It's kind of all part of the game, and hell, we appreciate him working through it because we need him on the field to be successful."

Johnson has caught 43 passes for 643 yards and three touchdowns this season.

"Those ankle sprains, especially high ankle sprains, are tough to deal with, give him credit," Kubiak said. "He found a way to play through it and still make his plays and help our football team move the ball, so I've got a lot of respect for him and he's doing everything he can to work through this."

The following players worked on a limited basis for the Texans Wednesday:

S Dominique Barber (knee), LB Kevin Bentley (knee), G Mike Brisiel (back), DT Shaun Cody (knee), DE Jesse Nading (ankle), QB Matt Schaub (ribs) and DE Mario Williams (groin).

Kubiak said Schaub took most of his normal reps and will play against Jacksonville Sunday.

DE Mark Anderson (arm), TE Garrett Graham (shoulder), LB Stanford Keglar (thigh), DT Earl Mitchell (ankle) and CB Karl Paymah (wrist) all practiced full.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans injury status for Jags game

Has Mitchell been playing in the last 3 abortions the Texans have put up? I haven't really noticed him in there while I'm trying to drink myself into a coma.
Old 11-11-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Has Mitchell been playing in the last 3 abortions the Texans have put up? I haven't really noticed him in there while I'm trying to drink myself into a coma.
I believe he's been active for every game except the Indy game. He made not stats in the SD game. I'm not sure that he made the field. For whatever reason, lack of effectiveness or utilization, his only stats this season are 14 tackles....... half of those assisted. He had his best performance against the Giants with 1 solo tackle complemented with 4 assisted.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem Jackson is slowed by wounded pride, but sadly he will start vs Jags. Start your Jags in fantasy football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read