Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Oct 27th mock Rob Rang

badboy

Hall of Fame
Rang with CBS and nfldraftscout.com has Texans @ #19 whick now looks for likely than my #25.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA: Perhaps Kareem Jackson will prove to be the Texans' playmaker in the secondary. At this point, however, the Texans' secondary has leaked like a sieve. Moore led the country with 10 interceptions as a sophomore and has been favorably compared to some of the Bruins' great safeties like Kenny Easley, Eric Turner and Shaun Williams.
20. Tennessee Titans
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fla.): The Titans have an established star in Cortland Finnegan at cornerback, but could use some depth. Harris has emerged as a true shutdown corner for the 'Canes and is quickly moving up the board.
21. Kansas City Chiefs
Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa: It might seem hard to believe that the Chiefs would invest another first-round pick in a defensive lineman. Considering top-five picks already used on Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson over the past three years, it's certainly not a home run. That said, while with the New England Patriots, general manager Scott Pioli helped build a dynasty using first-round selections on Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. Considering the Chiefs' surprising start to the season, question Pioli's strategies at your own peril. Clayborn hasn't been nearly as dominant this year as he was last and is slipping on scouts' boards a bit.
22. Seattle Seahawks
Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue: The Seahawks have enjoyed a breakout season from journeyman pass rushers Chris Clemons and Raheem Brock, but will almost certainly address their lack of a consistent pass rush in the offseason. Kerrigan isn't likely to wow scouts with his workout numbers, but he's a relentless football player who registered 13 sacks and seven forced fumbles for the Boilermakers last year and has started off just as impressively this year.
23. Green Bay Packers
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn: The Packers would love to see a talented cornerback fall to them here, but won't reach for one, especially considering Ted Thompson's track record of locating defensive backs in the middle and late rounds. Thompson has shown a willingness, on the other hand, of reaching for talented defensive lineman and could fall in love with Fairley's upside.

Blake

MMQB
I'd be pissed if we took Moore over Harris in the 1st round.
I have to agree.
But wouldn't you assume they will want to grow with Glover and Kareem at CB, with Brice at the nickel and searching for their 4th round cornerback gem?

I think I would get Marvin Austin or Clayborn to help our DT's. A top flight safety would be a nice addition as well.

badboy

Hall of Fame
But wouldn't you assume they will want to grow with Glover and Kareem at CB, with Brice at the nickel and searching for their 4th round cornerback gem?

I think I would get Marvin Austin or Clayborn to help our DT's. A top flight safety would be a nice addition as well.
I see little future in the bolded. Austin will not be drafted by Smith due to his history.

badboy

Hall of Fame
A top level FS would be nice but there's no substitute for a top level CB with shutdown potential.
Ageed, but KJ is not going to be replaced & I think Gary is ok with Quin so I do not expect a CB until round three. No FS stands out to me period. My guy Culliver's bicep strain has turn out to be more serious and I am re-thinking my mock. Will be hard to over look Nick Fairley at DT if he's there in first unless we gamble Nevis LSU will be there in second. A lock down CB like Brandon Harris in first and Nevis in second would be awesome. QB & FS 3/4 or 4/3 would make my day. I am hopeful some guys will stand out as college season proceeds to the bowls.

Blake

MMQB
I see little future in the bolded. Austin will not be drafted by Smith due to his history.
Ageed, but KJ is not going to be replaced & I think Gary is ok with Quin so I do not expect a CB until round three.
So you agree with me that they will want to stick with KJ and GQ, but you were just making a statement that you do not like their upside?

badboy

Hall of Fame
So you agree with me that they will want to stick with KJ and GQ, but you were just making a statement that you do not like their upside?
Those statements are not contradictary and voice my opinion. I have not supported the Kareem Jackson selection from the beginning as he is not the type CB we need and we are seeing that each game. While I am ok with Quin as the second CB, he'd be better at FS and therefore I do not like our future. Yes both have upside but so would most first and second year corners. That does not necessarily serve as a vote of confidence. However, everything points to them being our starting CBs 2011.

Blake

MMQB
Those statements are not contradictary and voice my opinion. I have not supported the Kareem Jackson selection from the beginning as he is not the type CB we need and we are seeing that each game. While I am ok with Quin as the second CB, he'd be better at FS and therefore I do not like our future. Yes both have upside but so would most first and second year corners. That does not necessarily serve as a vote of confidence. However, everything points to them being our starting CBs 2011.
I wasn't suggesting that you were contradicting yourself. I was trying to understand your comments because I think we are on the same page in the opinion that if kubiak is the HC, GQ and KJ will be the starting corners.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I wasn't suggesting that you were contradicting yourself. I was trying to understand your comments because I think we are on the same page in the opinion that if kubiak is the HC, GQ and KJ will be the starting corners.
No problem I re-read my post and saw how it could be confusing. We are on the same page.