Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2010   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Choice for Texans/Rockets fans

Neither the Houston Texans or Houston Rockets are doing well or as expected by fans. Here is my question, would you rather have a guarantee of Texans getting into the playoffs with the current roster and no guarantee beyond that OR would you rather Rockets trade for a "name" player such as Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul or Danny Granger? Both are possible but not looking real good.

I realize on this MB there may be Texans fans with little interest in Rockets but I am more interested in your thoughts and why than who supports which team.
Old 11-10-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Choice for Texans/Rockets fans

I follow all Houston teams pretty closely (yes, even the Dynamo...love some Futbol)

Love Texans and Rockets. A little aside that I think is cool. I video taped the 94 and 95 championship games on VHS. So I'm sitting there at 14 watching the Rockets - Knicks series and got the whole OJ fiasco on tape. Still have the series on tape at home no lie. A buddy of mine and I got all drunk and popped it in the other day to check it out....good times.

Anyway, in this case I would take the Texans for a bunch of reasons.

Texans have never done it before.

NFL success typically garnishes more sports "respect" than NBA accomplishments in that city.

I want to see AJ have some kind of post season action soon....he's not getting any younger.

I figure that even with Melo (which I don't see happening) the West is too strong, Yao is on his last leg...literally and the Rockets would need more star power IMO to hang with the Lakers, Blazers who are coming up and those damned pesky assed Spurs that just won't get too old and implode damnit.

Rockets have already accomplished at one time the height of greatness in their sport and so far to a degree so had the Astros in 05. Now it is time for the NFL team in Houston.

Plus for me personally, I left Houston at age 5 and lived up and down the east coast until 97 when I cam back to Houston and by then the Oilers were gone. So, anytime the Oilers were good I was never able to celebrate with anyone being so far away (this also sucked in terms of getting gear to sport which I think is why I buy so much Texans stuff now lol to compensate for no Oilers gear when I was a kid). So, I would love to be able to go to Houston and partake in any kind of celebration for post season sucess!! (that goes for any Houston team)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans x 100
Old 11-10-2010   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans.

But the Rockets are getting better. They have had the toughest schedule through six games and lost all by a combined 30 points (record for opponents the Rockets have face is 24-6). When they played Minnesota, they blew them out by 26 points. When the schedule starts evening out this month, the Rockets' record will get much better.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Texans x 100
And I'll x's gtexan's post by another 100.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans all the way. The current NBA does nothing for me. I like the Rockets, but I hardly ever watch the games. If I do turn on a Rockets game, I might catch the end of it, and thats about it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

No contest, the Texans do play in Texas, right? Where football is KING!
Old 11-10-2010   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about the Rockets. They're in highly competent hands with Les Alexander and Morey. The Texans worry me because it seems like they can't help themselves or just don't know how to help themselves.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO its much harder to win in the NFL i want texans to have 5 SB titles ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #10
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Every Year I root for a trifecta..but thats just me
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #11
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans...hands down.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Texans all the way. The current NBA does nothing for me. I like the Rockets, but I hardly ever watch the games. If I do turn on a Rockets game, I might catch the end of it, and thats about it.
Would an impact player like those identified in thread encourage you to watch more or are you really not interested?
Old 11-10-2010   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
No contest, the Texans do play in Texas, right? Where football is KING!
It was not king in 1994 or 1995.
Old 11-10-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It was not king in 1994 or 1995.
No it wasn't, was it? I took my 13 yo daughter to those games as her mom's job had season tickets. She knew the players' names and numbers and really got into it. I had as good of a time watching her as I did #34 and crew. Thanks for jogging old memories. rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Would an impact player like those identified in thread encourage you to watch more or are you really not interested?
It might make me want to keep up with them a bit more, but they still wouldn't hold my interest, and make me follow them as much as the Texans. As I said before, the current NBA is just not my thing. I'm not knocking anyone that does, its just not for me anymore.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #16
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

We play NBA Basketball in Texas?
Old 11-10-2010   #17
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Texans for sure

I watch all the other teams, but gameday @ Reliant is something special. Maybe it's because we only get 8 regular season games compared to all the Stros and Rockets games.

A playoff game this year would be so effing amazing.
Old 11-10-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Choice for Texans/Rockets fans

Quote:
Yup.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
We play NBA Basketball in Texas?
(cough) 4-time Nba champions (cough)

(cough) Highest win pct in all sports last 20 years (cough)

I must have a cold or it could be regional.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #20
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It might make me want to keep up with them a bit more, but they still wouldn't hold my interest, and make me follow them as much as the Texans. As I said before, the current NBA is just not my thing. I'm not knocking anyone that does, its just not for me anymore.
I can totally relate. During the 80s and 90s I was a Rockets fan first and foremost. I am still a Rockets fan, but the NBA has changed. I often question whether Stern is fixing games to make marquis finals matchups.

I would love to see the Texans in the playoffs, and I would love to see being a consistent playoff team for many years to come, but we still lack a few pieces.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read