Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foxsports power ranking. Really?? (headscratch)

LMAO @ these rankings.....

How the hell the Texans are #14 and anywhere NEAR the top 10 is a mystery to me. It's ironic because we usually as Texans fans hate that we don't get enough national credit at times, well now, I'm upset that we keep somehow getting it while the team puts on it's best swirling turd reinactment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foxsports power ranking. Really?? (headscratch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

How the hell the Texans are #14 and anywhere NEAR the top 10 is a mystery to me. It's ironic because we usually as Texans fans hate that we don't get enough national credit at times, well now, I'm upset that we keep somehow getting it while the team puts on it's best swirling turd reinactment.

Other than the bucs, I think we're better than every team below us. Easily.

The NFL is pretty interesting this year. Would have been a great year to come alive
Old 11-10-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN put us at 15 this week, which IMO is close. We have a good offense and a bad defense and have won half our games. We are Mr. Average in the NFL.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rankings are just about right. I think the Texans could be a little higher but results are key at this juncture. 4-4 with the toughes schedule in the NFL is about what I'd call slightly above average. 14 is fair enough of a spot. Also, 14 isn't as close to 10 as you're making it out to be.

I don't really understand why you are face-palming? Where do you think they should sit?
Old 11-10-2010   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

its simple really..every team we've beaten is @ .500 or better, & we have beaten some good teams. not to mention our schedule is 1 of the toughest in the league & we've still managed to hang in there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Rankings are just about right. I think the Texans could be a little higher but results are key at this juncture. 4-4 with the toughes schedule in the NFL is about what I'd call slightly above average. 14 is fair enough of a spot. Also, 14 isn't as close to 10 as you're making it out to be.

I don't really understand why you are face-palming? Where do you think they should sit?
When I look at those rankings, personally, I see other teams that have earned a better placement than us.

Personally I think Texans should be around 17 or 18. Record aside from teams immediately below us as some of those teams have better records, even though it is only 1 win more, some of those teams have been looking way better. Raiders looking way better lately as one example and have a better record.

Sorry, but if I'm being honest, especially with this defense we have and the inconsistent offense as of late (3 points in 2nd half last Sunday?!?!?!) and the trend they are on of starting to fall on their face, I just think 14 is too high.

Granted NFL rankings don't mean jack squat, but I must be missing something.....this team has not been good lately. Sorry.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I look at those rankings, personally, I see other teams that have earned a better placement than us.

Personally I think Texans should be around 17 or 18. Record aside from teams immediately below us as some of those teams have better records, even though it is only 1 win more, some of those teams have been looking way better. Raiders looking way better lately as one example and have a better record.

Sorry, but if I'm being honest, especially with this defense we have and the inconsistent offense as of late (3 points in 2nd half last Sunday?!?!?!) and the trend they are on of starting to fall on their face, I just think 14 is too high.

Granted NFL rankings don't mean jack squat, but I must be missing something.....this team has not been good lately. Sorry.
17 is also an acceptable enough of a place for the Texans. It's three slots down from 14. The middle of the pack teams are closer to each other than the front runners. I agree we have been sucking but I certainly wouldn't facepalm a middle of the pack ranking.
Old 11-10-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing to consider, is if you aren't in the top 10 or bottom 10, what is there to realistically argue about?

Old 11-10-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

A 4-4 record means we should be anywhere from 14-18 depending on how lopsided the league is. It's an even spread this year, no teams running away with it all, so it kind of makes sense.
Old 11-10-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

The NFL is pretty interesting this year. Would have been a great year to come alive
That's my thinking too. #14 seems high at first glance but there's a lot of bad bad teams this year. We're a middle of the pack team right now because we can't stop anyone on defense.

Here's to the need of a very solid remaining 8 games to get to the playoffs.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Why do you think the Bucs are better than Houston? They are 0-3 against teams with winning records. All of their wins have come against teams .500 or worse, while all of Houston wins have come against teams .500 or better.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Here's a fun fact....

Miami W, Cincy W, Houston W this week andddddddddddd

Guess who's in 1st with a 2-1 division record?
Old 11-10-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering that I put our record adjusted for luck at 3-5, I think a ranking around 18 is more appropriate. And I adjust for luck because power ranking is about how good a team is, not how lucky they are.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Considering that I put our record adjusted for luck at 3-5, I think a ranking around 18 is more appropriate. And I adjust for luck because power ranking is about how good a team is, not how lucky they are.
It's the NFL, blue soaper.

Name me a squad that didn't have luck.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
Old 11-10-2010   #15
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
well then I adjust it back because of lucky bounce off Andre to 5-3
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #16
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
ding ding ding ding ding
Old 11-10-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
ding ding ding ding ding
meh.....there's a reason we are ranked in the middle of the pack, we are 4-4. We can blame the 4-4 record (instead of being 6-2 or 5-3) on a whole lot of things and be at least partially true on all of them: coaching, players, officials, football gods, dumb luck + whatever.

Old 11-10-2010   #18
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
It's the NFL, blue soaper.

Name me a squad that didn't have luck.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
We had terrible luck last year. Last year we were imo an 11-5 team. We should have won a Colts game and a Jags game. Bad luck/shitty refs. Not to mention Kris Brown. Also Chargers last year and arguably this year had terrible luck.

This year, we have luck.

Pretty simple.
Old 11-10-2010   #19
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey stop this thread!!
There are way too many positive (or at least not negative) things being said here.
We are supposed to all be negative and only talk about how bad the team is!
Haven't you been on the other 25 or so threads??

I say we fire everyone and then we will be ranked #1!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #20
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I already adjusted the Chargers game. I took away the Skins and Chiefs game and gave us the Chargers game to make us 3-5

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read