Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2010   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mid-Season All-Pro's Featuring...THAT Guy?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/400053.../?beginSlide=1

Evan Silva's NFL Midseason All-Pro's featuring 3 Texans and no Andre Johnson:

1. RB Arian Foster
"Leading the NFL in touchdowns, rushing, and first downs accounted for, Foster has been just as much a homerun hitter as a chain mover in his breakout second season. The former undrafted free agent out of Tennessee has 11 plays of 20-plus yards and is averaging 5.50 yards per carry."

2. RT Eric Winston
"Right tackles receive little attention, but Winston has been a difference maker on the strong side. Blocking for NFL top rusher Arian Foster, Winston's nastiness and zone-blocking execution have paved the way for a Texans offense that leads the league in yards-per-carry average, doing its best work off Winston's back. He's also surrendered just three quarterback hits in protection."

3. C Chris Meyers
"Possessing ideal athleticism for zone blocking, Myers reaches the second level in a hurry as the Texans' pivot, and has routinely helped to spring NFL leading rusher Arian Foster for long runs. Houston coach Gary Kubiak's team is 4-4, but would surely have a winning record if it leaned more heavily on the rushing game. Three of its most crucial members are midseason All-Pros."
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mid-Season All-Pro's Featuring...THAT Guy?

But wait. The team hasn't met my expectations so everyone of them (except AJ of course and maybe Arian) must suck from the coaches to the players to their kids' hamsters.
Old 11-09-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree with Eric Winston. I don't think this has been one of his better seasons. I'm not saying he's had a terrible season, just not where I thought he would be.
Old 11-09-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

This head coach needs to do HIS job, and mold his All Pro's into
a team that gets results (wins.)
Old 11-09-2010   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I disagree with Eric Winston. I don't think this has been one of his better seasons. I'm not saying he's had a terrible season, just not where I thought he would be.
I agree with you mostly about Eric. His pass protection has (probably always) been suspect. But I don't think you can deny his force-to-be-reckoned-with run blocking. He has appeared to be pretty dominant in that area.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take exception with Winston before I did with Meyers. Winston's easily having his worst season of his career.
Old 11-09-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'd take exception with Winston before I did with Meyers. Winston's easily having his worst season of his career.
When you have the best runningback in the NFL, the lineman with the
biggest name will get credit. Jim Rome promotes Eric Winston ALL
THE FREAKIN' TIME. That, coupled with Arian's season, is gonna
get Winston into the ProBowl.
Old 11-09-2010   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
But wait. The team hasn't met my expectations so everyone of them (except AJ of course and maybe Arian) must suck from the coaches to the players to their kids' hamsters.
I never figured you for being so negative dude. Shame on you for your unbridled negativity in the face of this honor our players have received.
Old 11-09-2010   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say the Vonte Leach is the biggest 'unknown' Texan that needs to get recognized as an All Pro and make it to the Pro-Bowl this year. He is HUGE reason Foster has been able to get those second level breakout runs. IMO
Old 11-09-2010   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
I would say the Vonte Leach is the biggest 'unknown' Texan that needs to get recognized as an All Pro and make it to the Pro-Bowl this year. He is HUGE reason Foster has been able to get those second level breakout runs. IMO
What he said. Gonna be a travesty if Leach doesn't get honored this season.
Old 11-09-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What he said. Gonna be a travesty if Leach doesn't get honored this season.
"GetLeachToTheBEACH"
Old 11-09-2010   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody think Zac Diles will make it?

lolz
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
"GetLeachToTheBEACH"
this. i hope enough people watched MNF to hear gruden say that a few times.

our line is getting due props for opening holes for foster, and i think winston is actually playing pretty well, but leach is absolutely destroying folks. there was an espn or "playbook" feature that broke down our running game a couple weeks ago, and one focus was that defenders are forced to key on leach - a long run coming because each linebacker chased leach one way while foster coasted the other. of course when foster does follow his fullback, leach is absolutely destroying folks to the point (again mentioned on MNF) that linebackers and DB's are actually turning away from him - or in the case of the poor LB for the raiders, getting up slower after each run.

i also think leach is MUCH more comfortable with foster than with slaton. much like pass blocking for vick compared to manning, leach knows his target and isnt trying to adjust after the fact to predict his runningback - making his job simpler and more about absolutely destroying folks.
Old 11-09-2010   #14
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wanting a Leach jersey since last year but I won't buy one till they give him a contract. Go Leach!
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I've been wanting a Leach jersey since last year but I won't buy one till they give him a contract. Go Leach!
Go buy one. They made him the highest paid fullback in the league a couple years ago.
Old 11-10-2010   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Funny how we all wanted myers replaced.

He's been damn good this year. Always getting to the 2nd level and stuffing LBs.

Winston's been good at Run blocking. It's the penalties that have really got to me when it comes to him and his efforts this season.
Old 11-10-2010   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Funny how we all wanted myers replaced.

He's been damn good this year. Always getting to the 2nd level and stuffing LBs.
myers doesnt look any different than other seasons IMO. he's still destroyed when 1 on 1, still releases WAY too early, and is still only deserving of the praise "competant". he's being hidden more this season by great run blocking on the outside and from the fullback position, and foster is escaping myers' mistakes when slaton or most RB's would've been tackled for no gain. heck we run excessively off-tackle this season. even if myers had stepped up his game (which he hasnt), he wouldnt be a major influence in the run game outside of keeping DT's from immediate pressure - which still happens too often.
Old 11-10-2010   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Meyers screwing up way too many times to be somebody on the cusp of All Pro. Winston has been good in run blocking this year, but no way would he go in over another LT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read