Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MNF: Pittsburgh @ Cinncinatti

Wow! Pitts was just dominating this game. Now it is 27-21 Pitt and Cinci has the ball with 3:00 min. left.

Jeff Reed has missed 3 FG's.

Pittsburgh has never lost a game they had a 20 point lead in, but that is in danger now.

2:min left
Old 11-08-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF: Pittsburgh @ Cinncinatti

Screw the Stealers.
Old 11-08-2010   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers D not looking so dominant lately.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the Steelers pulled it out, but Cinci marched down to the 14(?) with a chance to score a TD to win the game, but couldn't quite pull it out.

Bengals are now 2-6

Steelers are now 6-2

How's that for the NFL?
Old 11-08-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Screw the Stealers.
Signed,

Oilers fan!!
Old 11-09-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it ended up being an entertaining game.
Old 11-09-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

In related news Stuart Scott and Terrell Owens announced they will wed as soon as they find a way to break it to Steve Young.

I thought they went waaaay ESPN (overboard) on the "mature" Terrell. This was the same game cameras caught him bitching at Carson Palmer on the sidelines. About what? - I can't help but wonder. In a game where he caught 10 passes and 2 TD's certainly he was getting the ball already at the time of his whining. Also, where was the flag for his showing up the ref after the - then - no PI call?

Not only am I not convinced, I think a problem is just below the headlines as we speak.

Sorry /rant over/
Old 11-09-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I thought it ended up being an entertaining game.
Yeah, very good game in the second half. Cinci came up just short... kinda like the Texans do.
Old 11-09-2010   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I hated the Steelers as an Oiler fan, but became a Steeler fan (they're my #2 team) when they tied a certain team who shall remain nmeless with five wins and just came to love the muff-huggas when they got #6 to shut the nmeless team the vugg up.
If the Steelers D doesn't look that dominant then it should be noted that NO ONE has rushed for more than 75 yards against them this season and they're also pretty stingy on points allowed.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
In related news Stuart Scott and Terrell Owens announced they will wed as soon as they find a way to break it to Steve Young.

I thought they went waaaay ESPN (overboard) on the "mature" Terrell. This was the same game cameras caught him bitching at Carson Palmer on the sidelines. About what? - I can't help but wonder. In a game where he caught 10 passes and 2 TD's certainly he was getting the ball already at the time of his whining. Also, where was the flag for his showing up the ref after the - then - no PI call?

Not only am I not convinced, I think a problem is just below the headlines as we speak.

Sorry /rant over/

Yeah he was whining like a b-yatch until the refs gave into him. What a tool. A couple of those Bengal touchdowns came after GENEROUS calls from the officials.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry /rant over/
I would hate to be Carson Palmer right now. Chad looked pissed the entire night. Chad had that one delay of game penalty that was just flat out stupid in the 3rd that would have sent me over the edge. If Palmer is also having to deal with Owens too Cincinnati is going to melt down, and those two are going to be hard to deal with. It's what they asked for signing Owens in the off-season, though.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I thought they went waaaay ESPN (overboard) on the "mature" Terrell. This was the same game cameras caught him bitching at Carson Palmer on the sidelines. About what? - I can't help but wonder. In a game where he caught 10 passes and 2 TD's certainly he was getting the ball already at the time of his whining.
He was bitching right after Palmer threw that interception, trying to force the ball to T.O.

I would bet he was bitching telling Palmer, if I'm covered, someone else is open.
Old 11-11-2010   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He was bitching right after Palmer threw that interception, trying to force the ball to T.O.

I would bet he was bitching telling Palmer, if I'm covered, someone else is open.
Most receivers assume their quarterback is adult and professional enough to handle his own business, especially after an interception. Palmer doesn't need TO telling him anything about the quarterback position.

If I were Carson Palmer I would have shot back.
Old 11-11-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Most receivers assume their quarterback is adult and professional enough to handle his own business, especially after an interception. Palmer doesn't need TO telling him anything about the quarterback position.

If I were Carson Palmer I would have shot back.
Strange, when other players are "in your face" it's leadership.

When it's T.O. It's not.
Old 11-11-2010   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Strange, when other players are "in your face" it's leadership.

When it's T.O. It's not.
I call yelling at a fellow player on the sidelines for all to see self-grandiose bush league bullshit and it doesn't matter who the guy is. A real leader can get his point across in a less overt way and get a more positive reaction from his teammate and a more positive result. His problem is he feels the need to show the crowd this unneccessary crap so he can feel....whatever it is he lacks...I guess.

Terrell Owens has a slight history with screwing around with his QB's, defend him all you want.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read