Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair: "Kubiak is doing a fine job."

Quote:
For fans who want Texans coach Gary Kubiak to be fired after the disappointing 4-4 start, it’s not going to happen.

“I think Gary’s doing a fine job,” owner Bob McNair said Monday night at the Texans’ Taste of the NFL event at Reliant Stadium. “Gary’s not the one missing tackles and dropping passes. The players are playing hard. We still have eight games to go, and four (two each against Jacksonville and Tennessee) are against teams in our division. So, I still have high hopes for the season.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7285574.html
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair: "Kubiak is doing a fine job."

The HC will never be the one dropping passes and missing tackles. I guess that means the HC should be hired for life.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair is quite the politician. Now is not the time to inject uncertainty.

If Kubiak loses five or more out of the next 8, he's gone.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can find another group businessmen that can put a package together for another Houston team. Bob says F you fans, I'm making money!! Lol!!

Ah man, this is starting to feel like you're just busting your head against a wall over and over.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
“If he was making bad decisions, if he wasn’t managing the team, and if the players weren’t playing hard, that would be cause for concern.”
It's a concern. On all three fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
“The good news is we’re 4-4, and we’re one game out of first place with half the season ahead of us.”
Look, I realize Kubiak's not going to be fired mid-season. But don't spew that loser crapola, Bob. There's nothing good about being .500. .500 sucks and it will always suck.
Old 11-08-2010   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess having tons of money makes ya a little delusional!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

#1) There was less than zero chance that McNair would fire Kubiak at 4-4
#2) Given #1, why would McNair undermine Kubiak's confidence?
Old 11-08-2010   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Yeah. Pretty much.

None of what McNair said made me raise an eyebrow at all.
Old 11-08-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish a bank would lend me 1.1 billion tomorrow. I have no problem firing inepitude no matter how much of a buddy they are.
Old 11-08-2010   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok... fine. He ain't getting one cent from me until he fires this bum. I am not going to a single game and I will not buy any more merchandise. I hope more people will do the same. Because one person won't make a difference but thousands will. Hitting his pocket book is the only way to get his attention.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that the dreaded "vote of confidence"?
Old 11-08-2010   #12
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that ****ing seals it for me. McNair just told the fans he does not give a damn about winning. Kubiak and Smith are the luckiest SOBs in the NFL. They get to operate in a bubble without a shred of urgency and achieve mediocre results that teams committed to WINNING wouldn't stand for.

How the hell did Bob McNair become a billionaire in the first place with his devotion to mediocrity. Seriously, this guy could not have been this passive and devoid of passion or energy in making his fortune. From what I know, he is a self made man and not an heir to a fortune.

Is Bob McNair ****ing stupid, cheap, content or the ultimate con artist. I haven't decided yet. I hate Bud Adams with a passion for stealing Houston's REAL NFL TEAM the Houston Oilers from us. That being said, Bottom Line Bud was a MUCH BETTER owner than this clown McNair.

We will NEVER WIN with this owner. We might get lucky and make the playoffs every decade but we will never be a consistent winner in this league with this ***** running the team.

It makes me question my financial devotion to a team that I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on in PSLs and a large chunk of my time during the fall. **** McNair and his bullshit franchise. Stop sending me emails trying to buy merchandise when your team is a complete failure.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's a concern. On all three fronts.

Look, I realize Kubiak's not going to be fired mid-season. But don't spew that loser crapola, Bob. There's nothing good about being .500. .500 sucks and it will always suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Exactly! What could be the possible gain if McNair were to come out and proclaim that heads were going to roll?
Old 11-08-2010   #14
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Prior to today Jerrah Jones was perfectly happy with Wade Phillips. He said so several times, there would be no point in changing things and it wouldn't be helpfull.

Then today..............well, Wade is looking for a new place to work.

What would anyone expect McNair to say, really? Of course his going to talk the talk. Especially with his new 2 yr contract extension he just game Kubiak.

You don't really expect an owner to admit the HE made a mistake with that extension, do you? well do you?
Old 11-08-2010   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
You don't really expect an owner to admit the HE made a mistake with that extension, do you? well do you?

No
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Is that the dreaded "vote of confidence"?
I'm not sure, but I know Bob doesn't say anything negative during the season.

He swore up and down in 06 that David Carr was here to stay and we all know how that worked out.

He never said an unkind word about Casserly and I'm pretty sure he never called out Capers either.

I don't even need to read the article. I know what he says midseason doesn't mean shit.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Exactly! What could be the possible gain if McNair were to come out and proclaim that heads were going to roll?
It might tell us angry fans that he is committed to winning when we've been devoted to this team for 9 years now and 5 years into this regime and we haven't seen an ounce of success from it. When you're team is doing this in year 5 of a failed regime and you say that you're coach is doing great, that's a slap in the face to me. It comes off arrogant as if Bob thinks the Houston fans will support any product he throws out there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
.... I hate Bud Adams with a passion for stealing Houston's REAL NFL TEAM the Houston Oilers from us. That being said, Bottom Line Bud was a MUCH BETTER owner than this clown McNair......
<shivers> now that's just crazy talk there. Please don't bring back jabba the toupe.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
It might tell us angry fans that he is committed to winning when we've been devoted to this team for 9 years now and 5 years into this regime and we haven't seen an ounce of success from it. When you're team is doing this in year 5 of a failed regime and you say that you're coach is doing great, that's a slap in the face to me. It comes off arrogant as if Bob thinks the Houston fans will support any product he throws out there.
Owner says that he's fine with the team while they are doing badly. Fans get angry on message boards. Film at 11.

You're wanting Bob to say things that almost every owner in the league (Including the ever hated Jerruh) wouldn't say mid season. It's not Bobs job to undermine the coach while he's in the middle of a season, it's his job to hold that coach's feet to the fire when the time is appropriate to not disrupt the operations of the team. If the team is .500, nobody is going to get fired in week 9 or week 10. I'll pay a lot more attention to what Bob says when he actually says things that will happen with the organization. So far, he really has yet to do that. Capers, Carr, Casserly, all those guys were pretty much talked up by Bob until he axed them.
Old 11-08-2010   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Well, the theory was that the players love Kubiak and played their collective ass off for his job the last 4 games of 09. If true, tell the players it's win or Gary's head goes on the chopping block. If they really love Kubiak, maybe they'll play for his job again? What is there to lose?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read