Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2014   #261
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans random thought of the day

Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 52m

RT @ESPNNFL 82 NFL players were asked Who is the last guy in the NFL you would ever want to get into a fistfight with pic.twitter.com/wHwE8OmSt9
Suh 18%
Watt 11%
Willis 8%
Tolbert 8%
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014   #262
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 14806 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://dailysnark.com/survey-shows-h...l-teams-state/

Looks like Tennessee and Kentucky hates the Texans the most
Pretty self-explanatory why Tennessee hates the Texans.

As for Kentucky, NFL fans of that state are likely to be fans of the 3 closest NFL markets: Nashville, Indy and Cincy. 2 of those are division foes of the Texans, and the other is the only team that the Texans have ever beaten in the playoffs.........and twice at that!
HouTx11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #263
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 35244 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just using Mallet as an example, if NE were to waive Mallet in the final cut, how does this work as regard to his signing with a new team? Is it under his old contract? Or is a new contract negotiated? What if the two parties are unable to come to an agreement? Does he become a free agent, or does the second team get their chance at signing him? What time periods are in place for negotiations and coming to an agreement?

If a player is just released, as opposed to being waived, does he become a free agent? For the original team holding the player's contract, what is the difference in choosing one option over the other?
Number19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #264
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Just using Mallet as an example, if NE were to waive Mallet in the final cut, how does this work as regard to his signing with a new team? Is it under his old contract? Or is a new contract negotiated? What if the two parties are unable to come to an agreement? Does he become a free agent, or does the second team get their chance at signing him? What time periods are in place for negotiations and coming to an agreement?

If a player is just released, as opposed to being waived, does he become a free agent? For the original team holding the player's contract, what is the difference in choosing one option over the other?
First of all, Mallet is going nowhere. But if he were to be "released," NE would hold no rights to him at all......and he would essentially be a FA, fre to negotiate with any team.
Old 08-23-2014   #265
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post

It depends on how many years the player has been in the NFL. I'm not the expert on this but my understanding is that if the player has been in the league less than 4 years and they are released, they go onto the waiver wire. Then teams are able to claim that player depending on the rank of their finish the previous season. If multiple teams put in a claim, the team who finished the worst gets him. This year, we trump everyone. If we want a waived player, we've got him... and I think we've got him at his original contract.

If we want to renegotiate a player's contract, I think we've got to let them clear waivers and then pick them up as a free agent (which is risky if we want them)... but don't quote me on that. I could have that part wrong. (EDIT: I originally had "don't want to renegotiate" and I think that's wrong.)

If a player has 4 or more years in the NFL (which is calculated by percentage of time spent on the 53 man roster, iirc), then they become a free agent and are willing to negotiate a new contract with whomever they please.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 08-23-2014 at 04:30 PM.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014   #266
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It depends on how many years the player has been in the NFL. I'm not the expert on this but my understanding is that if the player has been in the league less than 4 years and they are released, they go onto the waiver wire. Then teams are able to claim that player depending on the rank of their finish the previous season. If multiple teams put in a claim, the team who finished the worst gets him. This year, we trump everyone. If we want a waived player, we've got him... and I think we've got him at his original contract.

If we don't want to renegotiate a player's contract, I think we've got to let them clear waivers and then pick them up as a free agent (which is risky if we want them)... but don't quote me on that. I could have that part wrong.

If a player has 4 or more years in the NFL (which is calculated by percentage of time spent on the 53 man roster, iirc), then they become a free agent and are willing to negotiate a new contract with whomever they please.
I think you nailed TPN. That's the way I've heard it as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #267
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 5h

RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Texans have 17 players from SEC schools on 53-man roster, most among all NFL teams. Bengals (16) & Titans (15) are next.
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2014   #268
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Earlier this evening I watched the Texans Huddle on Fox Southwest (a treat here in A-town). Thirty minute show and about half was actually about the team.

I'm all for the good things done in the community, but half? Probably won't rush to see another edition since I can come here for 15 minutes and learn twice as much about the team.
Old 09-04-2014   #269
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

The hernandez comment was a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Suh 18%
Watt 11%
Willis 8%
Tolbert 8%
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014   #270
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock 2h

Only 1 team scored 17 points or less in week 1 and actually won the game. The Houston Texans
Old 09-09-2014   #271
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Mallett Time!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #272
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

How many redzone TOs has our defense gotten?

I recall 2 from Washington
(missed the raiders game)
1 from the Giants
1 from the Bills
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014   #273
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

After 4 games, JJ Watt is our second leading scorer, second to Bullock.

Old 09-29-2014   #274
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Earlier this evening I watched the Texans Huddle on Fox Southwest (a treat here in A-town). Thirty minute show and about half was actually about the team.

I'm all for the good things done in the community, but half? Probably won't rush to see another edition since I can come here for 15 minutes and learn twice as much about the team.

I get Texans huddle here in Houston. I like the show. I didn't mind the story on DeAndre. It was interesting and shows a different side of players. Not every week is going to be jammed with game analysis.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014   #275
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I get Texans huddle here in Houston. I like the show. I didn't mind the story on DeAndre. It was interesting and shows a different side of players. Not every week is going to be jammed with game analysis.
Agreed. Should be, but isn't. Anyway, it's a show I can see or not. Boring commercialism more than anything else.

Just reading the Bills gameday thread. They thought Watt was deliberately trying to hurt EJ. To their credit, the sentiment wasn't unanimous but it was overwhelming nonetheless.

I would like to riddle them this.....Why would the Texans want to get EJ out of the game?? Stupid Yanks.
Old 10-02-2014   #276
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

RB Justin Forsett leads NFL in rushing average
Old 10-02-2014   #277
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
After 4 games, JJ Watt is our second leading scorer, second to Bullock.

Hopkins has scored more than J.J.
Old 10-02-2014   #278
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Hopkins has scored more than J.J.
Yes.

He has.

I blame profootballreference.com. I think it took them a while to update their site and I saw the overall Texans' scoring stats after they updated Watt's stats but before they updated Deandre's... because I swear it was Bullock and then Watt when I wrote that.

Old 10-03-2014   #279
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09...U.twitter&rh=1
Jerry Jones was brought to tears in 2002 when the Texans won 19-10
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014   #280
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 390762 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09...U.twitter&rh=1
Jerry Jones was brought to tears in 2002 when the Texans won 19-10

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read