Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Please Summarize Todays Game For Me TheTexanator

missed todays game, only caught about 5 mins of beginning of 3rd.

so, clowney is injured? what?

what did i miss? what stood out? who performed well? poorly?

cmon guys, fill me in.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please Summarize Todays Game For Me TheTexanator

thetexanator loves a good D.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense dominated, special teams won the game, the offense didn't do anything to lose the game.

Total team win.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Defense dominated, special teams won the game, the offense didn't do anything to lose the game.

Total team win.
what i saw of brooks reed, he looked good. mercilus in for clowney? howd he do?
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

- JJ watt is a Monster

- Fitz has a Beard and looks like a Spanish conquestor out there

- and I hope we really are running a gameplan offensive cus this week was suspect

-I think it was the vibe 2 in the stadium it was raining so hard u could hear the thunder and lighting from the inside and parts of the roof were leaking
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

how did jjo end up with 11 tackles? were they throwing his way?
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
- JJ watt is a Monster

- and I hope we really are running a gameplan offensive cus this week was suspect

-I think it was the vibe 2 in the stadium it was raining so hard u could hear the thunder and lighting from the inside and parts of the roof were leaking
so howd we only get 10 offensive points? 100 yds rushing for arian and dre and hopkins numbers looked ok. oh wait. 76 yrds on one play? so we had no passing game today?
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
so howd we only get 10 offensive points? 100 yds rushing for arian and dre and hopkins numbers looked ok. oh wait. 76 yrds on one play? so we had no passing game today?
Some dunks, AJ helped out a lot. It would appear that AJ and Hopkins are going to become the nice pair we were hoping for. To bad we don't have a decent QB right now. Fitz did not play well enough to win the game unless you accompany his performance by the one we got from the defense and special teams.

What I am saying is, this team looks like it could be really badass if we had a freaking QB.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Blocked, PAT
Good Defense
DJ Sack
Hopkins TD
Blocked Punt for TD
Watt sack
Good defense
Good defense

AND

Good defense
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

From another thread I posted:

"I agree but was impressed over all with Fitz. I know folks but don't laugh 14/22 for 206 and 9.4 per catch? I'll take that with only 1 INT every game. I was not expecting much more than 4-5 TOs. AJ 6/93 and Nuk looked pretty good except for the one hit him in the hands and dropped 89 yds avg 22.3 that's dynomite. Cannot remember Posey in game? Foster 103. Joseph 11 Tackles, Swearinger and KJ 6. Bullock 42 yarder and how many thought he would only kick once?

Lechler 51 avg and 6 for 306 total. Foster did fumble but a TD there would have been much higher score than I'd even considered. Lots to work on but I am satisfied. This was not a sloppy win. "
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

so if we dont get great d and great special teams were not winning.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

"I agree but was impressed over all with Fitz. I know folks but don't laugh 14/22 for 206 and 9.4 per catch? I'll take that with only 1 INT every game. I was not expecting much more than 4-5 TOs. AJ 6/93 and Nuk looked pretty good except for the one hit him in the hands and dropped 89 yds avg 22.3 that's dynomite. Cannot remember Posey in game? Foster 103. Joseph 11 Tackles, Swearinger and KJ 6. Bullock 42 yarder and how many thought he would only kick once?

Lechler 51 avg and 6 for 306 total. Foster did fumble but a TD there would have been much higher score than I'd even considered. Lots to work on but I am satisfied. This was not a sloppy win. "
so foster fumbled an easy td? makes me feel a little better about the offense. were te's not used today? sounds like we were run happy.
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
-

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmm that is a reasonable assumption
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Against the better teams, yes. But we're good enough to win games this year against other mediocre teams. What I saw today doesn't give me anything to change my 8-8 prediction for the team this year.

Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52082 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

For any other punter, his would be a great day. But it was an off day for Lechler because two punts rolled into the end zone and cut his net average down.

Once again Swearinger had a ticky tack penalty called on a clean tackle. But they at least made up for it with a similar call on the Redskins later.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
For any other punter, his would be a great day. But it was an off day for Lechler because two punts rolled into the end zone and cut his net average down.

Once again Swearinger had a ticky tack penalty called on a clean tackle. But they at least made up for it with a similar call on the Redskins later.
Neither one of those should have been called. Both ours and theirs were clean hits on the QB.

Old 1 Week Ago   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

Yeah but the Redskins helmet actually made contact with Fitz helmet, DJs was no where close. Still i think those calls are tacky anyways, just let em play !
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so foster fumbled an easy td? makes me feel a little better about the offense. were te's not used today? sounds like we were run happy.
Not to defend Arian but he did have good grip just ripped. He should have had both hands on it but was running good. He was carrying it loose most of game before this TO; must remember that he often uses off hand to stiff arm.

TEs were not used much which really surprised me but Graham was out. Just my thoughts but we seemed to pass/run equally. Last year Wash was #31 against run but did pick up #79 in FA, cannot remember his name but he was injured and did well against us before leaving field.

Oh and refs blew huge call against Swearinger as he had a perfect tackle that was flagged for 15. CBs looked good but Bouye was way out of position one play and did not hurt us. I can't remember but was either a flag against Wash or RG3 missed WR.
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well if you subtract the one awesome play, special teams was just ok I thought. Punt & Kick coverage was average at best, I'd like to see better. Our return game wasn't much to brag about either. Bullock made a 42 yarder to seal the game, so that's encouraging... but you expect your kicker to make those. Oh, I forgot about the blocked PAT. So I'll say special teams was good, but not great.

Same for the defense. The Skins actually ran the ball on us very well. We were very fortunate to force two fumbles in the red zone. The defense played very well, but I wouldn't call it dominant.

At the same time, the offense isn't getting as much love as it should. Yes, Fitz missed some throws, and they only technically scored 10 points. But that's all that was needed out of the offense. Also, Foster fumbled inside the 10... so we were knocking on the door for another TD there.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read