Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Any team, any time, any where!!!!

There was a time not too long ago that the majority of us here on this board thought these Texans (minus Demeco, plus Kareem) could beat any team, any time, any where.

What's changed? There was a faction here who already thought the man was an itiot. I don't think he's gotten any dumbor....

I know we are giving up 400 yards a game & 24 points. I know that's not conducive to winning.

However, I don't think we've played our best football yet. I don't know what they are waiting on, but I know they are running out of time.

Overall, the San Diego game was a fail. I know that. But there are a few things we can look at, that can (I think should) give us hope going forward.

The #1 offense in the league had 9 possessions against us. 5 of the 9 ended with no points. 2 of them were turnovers (a fumble we forced & an INT we forced... Quinn forced another fumble, but they recovered it). The other 4 possessions, we allowed TDs. We've got to work on that, no question about it.

On the flip-side, we took the leagues #1 defense & scored on them 5 out of 10 possessions. Two touchdowns, three field goals.... (we turned it over 3 times, twice on downs, 1 INT). Need to work on turning those FGs to TDs....

That #1 defense is also now the #2 defense (The New York Giants are #1, a team we had trouble getting first downs against earlier in the season).

We took the team with the #1 offense & the #1 defense (playing our offense actually dropped their ranking) into the 4th Qtr with a lead (albeit only 2 points).

Most importantly, think about this. We are the #1 Red Zone offense. Wasn't that our biggest complaint last year, we moved the ball like nobody's business between the 20s, but sputter in the Red Zone.

What if we had to trade off some of that offense, to get that Red Zone performance, & have spent the last 9 weeks trying to get back our ability to move the ball, without sacrificing our Red Zone performance?

It's just an idea.

What if we can get last year's performance between the 20s with this years performance in the Red Zone.... & as an added bonus, we get last years defense as well.

To me, that's what it looks like we're seeing. If that is the case... who can't we beat?

Why can't we run the table?
Old 11-08-2010   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any team, any time, any where!!!!

Honestly every post I read from you is just making up a new way to pretend like the Texans are really good. I don't get it. Why doctor the numbers to make things seem other than they are?

We suck. That's all there is to it.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this happened

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76808
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, we're gonna sweep the rest of our season!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_suck

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Not everything TK is saying is untrue. The Texans have enough talent on this team to be 6-2 instead of 4-4 at this point. The problem is game management by a bunch of coaches that can't seem to utilize players correctly.

If that were to sudden change, so would the fortune of the Texans. I don't see it happening as long as Kubiak is in charge though. I guess if he was kidnapped by alien UFOs and had a brain transplant or something he might be better.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't that Kool-Aid a controlled substance? I don't see where this
pro-Kubiak myopia is coming from.

7-1 gets them into post season, 6-2 sends them home.

AINT' GONE HAPPEN.

I'd be surprised if there are 3 more wins on this schedule. There
are no Rams, Seahawks, and Bills to hide behind this season.

Dallas exposed the Texans, and EVERY team since has exploited the
sieve named Kareem Jackson, and Kubiak out-cutes himself all season
long.
Old 11-08-2010   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not everything TK is saying is untrue. The Texans have enough talent on this team to be 6-2 instead of 4-4 at this point. The problem is game management by a bunch of coaches that can't seem to utilize players correctly.

If that were to sudden change, so would the fortune of the Texans. I don't see it happening as long as Kubiak is in charge though. I guess if he was kidnapped by alien UFOs and had a brain transplant or something he might be better.
I agree, but many of us thought the same kind of thing when we had a different bunch of coaches and players. Turned out they almost ALL sucked, LOL.

Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2010   #8
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Haha! I'd like to point out that we won the game. Convincingly.
Old 11-08-2010   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Yeah, I saw that.

Old 11-08-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There was a time not too long ago that the majority of us here on this board thought these Texans (minus Demeco, plus Kareem) could beat any team, any time, any where.

What's changed? There was a faction here who already thought the man was an itiot. I don't think he's gotten any dumbor....

I know we are giving up 400 yards a game & 24 points. I know that's not conducive to winning.

However, I don't think we've played our best football yet. I don't know what they are waiting on, but I know they are running out of time.
1.) I don't know anyone who thought that. The best I can say is that I had finally reached a point where I thought the Texans had a chance against any team - that the only team they couldn't beat was the Texans. Now, they don't have much of a chance of winning unless they score 30 points or more. And they can still do that from time to time, but it's not something that we should expect from week to week.

2.) I never thought he was dumb, but he makes decisions that are clearly outside of any realm the majority would call normal. If you win, you can do that kind of stuff. He doesn't, and hasn't.

3.) I don't know what else you need to see, but they have played their best football. In fact, the offense has put behind it two of its biggest problems from last year - turnovers and red zone scoring. But you simply cannot win consistently when you routinely give up as many yards and scores as the Texans give up. You think they have better football to play? I think you're high, and you ought to be sharing, Mr. Selfishness. This team is and has been playing their best football. This is what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not everything TK is saying is untrue. The Texans have enough talent on this team to be 6-2 instead of 4-4 at this point.
I completely reject that notion. All we keep hearing about is "this team has talent" blah blah blah. If this team had Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Jim Brown, but no offensive line, they'd get killed. Football is not a game where the "talent" here and there can overcome an entire unit's deficiency. This team has ZERO pressure from the DTs and ZERO coverage skill in the secondary. I don't care who else you stick out there with that garbage, their "talent" is not going to overcome a complete failure by an entire unit, much less two (secondary and half a DL).

This team is 4-4. I see no argument that they "should" have won any of the games they lost, and frankly, I can understand arguments that they "should" have lost to WAS and KC. They are what their record is.

And consistency? 8-8, 8-8, 9-7, and 4-4. That's pretty damn consistent, to paraphrase CP.
Old 11-08-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Yeah, but it's Harvard, so no one care(s/d). Go practice medicine or law or something.

(just poking fun)
Old 11-08-2010   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I never felt like we could beat any team, any time, anywhere....

I always felt like we had a chance to beat any team in the leauge...But I wouldn't say I felt confident heading into every game...

But even if people had felt that way in the past that really has 0 to do with the present or the future...

Just because you feel one way about a team 3 months ago, doesn't mean you have to keep those feelings...

The team has shown/is showing their true colors....

I do think they have the talent to win, but I honestly think the coaching is sub par...It's a mindset with these guys. They are not consistently focused and they are not consistently put in the best situations to make plays...JMO...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You stood alone in that delusion.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I never felt like we could beat any team, any time, anywhere....

I always felt like we had a chance to beat any team in the leauge...But I wouldn't say I felt confident heading into every game...

But even if people had felt that way in the past that really has 0 to do with the present or the future...

Just because you feel one way about a team 3 months ago, doesn't mean you have to keep those feelings...

The team has shown/is showing their true colors....

I do think they have the talent to win, but I honestly think the coaching is sub par...It's a mindset with these guys. They are not consistently focused and they are not consistently put in the best situations to make plays...JMO...
I think they, particularly Kubiak, may actually be over-prepared in some ways. He acts like every decision has been made long before the game started, so why bother noticing whether we need a half yard or a whole yard. Well, because we can't get a whole yard on 4th down with a QB sneak against the Chargers, Gary!!! Wake up, pay attention, and stop trying to remember what you decided to do before you knew what the situation would even be!

Over-analysis. Stupid-on-the-fly. It's not chess. It's football...

Old 11-08-2010   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Well you tried TK, but soapers just can't help ****ting in every thread on the forum.

Props to Eriadoc for atleast making a rational argument.

At this point I want Kubiak fired so the soapers will just STHU and let people actually discuss football without them dreaming up new reasons to dog the team so they can pile on some more hate.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Well you tried TK, but soapers just can't help ****ting in every thread on the forum.

At this point I want Kubiak fired so the soapers will just STHU and let people actually discuss football without them dreaming up new reasons to dog the team so they can pile on some more hate.
If they ain't doggin on Kubiak, they will find something else to deride the team about. Some people just ain't happy unless they bitchin'...
Old 11-08-2010   #17
Jottoz
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 766 Jottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great Post! QFT
Old 11-08-2010   #18
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I guess the question really has become, why did our defense regress so much this year? Last year it was at least average. Our offense has fixed its deficiencies and probably could have stayed in some games had our defense showed up.

I hope that if we can't get it together this year on defense, at least the secondary gets enough reps to at least get out of the dumpster. But again, I don't know that it's all on the secondary.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You stood alone in that delusion.
I'm beginning to feel that way.

Thought I had a posse....
Old 11-08-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

You gotta admit Kubiak isn't making it difficult for them to find new reasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read