Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just what WILL it take for McNair to fire Kubes?

I think most of us now realize that Kubiak has pretty much worn out his welcome in Houston at the very least from a fan perspective. But I am worried that McNair's reluctance to pull the trigger will keep Kubes here again, especially if the Texans pull their normal M.O. and start to win meaningless games to get near .500 once they have already been eliminated.

Are we going to have to tank or lose ALL the rest of the games to get Kubes out? This really sucks if this is the case because I CANNOT hope for the Texans to lose, but I caanot stomach the thought of more mediocrity either.

It's definitely a rock and a hard place to be in.

I just don't know what yall think and want to know. Will McNair nut up and pull the trigger even if the Texans don't tank every game? Are you going to root for us to lose to get rid of Kubes?

I don't know which way I lean on this aspect of it, but I do know that I am ready for something different. I'm tired of the Texans being a joke and me by default be associated with a joke with all my Texans gear on my truck, clothes, etc.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just what WILL it take for McNair to fire Kubes?

He'll start considering it when he sees empty seats.

He has no problem with a mediocre product as long as there are jerseys getting sold and asses in the stands.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
He'll start considering it when he sees empty seats.
^^^ This. Got to hit him in the wallet where it hurts. Stop buying the merchandise too.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #4
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to be realistic here. The situation with the collective bargaining agreement is likely to make most owners pause before changing staffs.

Personally, I don't think there will be a lockout. I think this will all get resolved, because the NFL and its trickle down effect amounts to BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars. There is too much money on the table for there to be a lockout. This will get resolved.

The question is: Will it get resolved in time for potential coaching changes? If this thing gets resolved, say, in the summer, an owner is more likely to just leave their current coaching staff in place.

I think Kubiak has well worn out his welcome, but, realistically, we are probably stuck with him again.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
^^^ This. Got to hit him in the wallet where it hurts. Stop buying the merchandise too.
Lol. I don't have the funds right now to buy NFL gear, but everyone who gets me any kind of birthday or Christmas gift gets me all kinds of Texans stuff usually...lol. It's too easy of a gift idea.

Even when we do secret santa stuff at work everyone hopes to get me. It's a no brainer.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-08-2010   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I don't think we will lose the rest of our games -just most of them.

I don't think anything short of a 4-12 season will get rid of Kubiak - if that- but I won't root for the Texans to lose.

I am now watching games expecting the worst. I just hope the team isn't playing the games with the same attitude which sometimes seems to be the case.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I think most of us now realize that Kubiak has pretty much worn out his welcome in Houston at the very least from a fan perspective. But I am worried that McNair's reluctance to pull the trigger will keep Kubes here again, especially if the Texans pull their normal M.O. and start to win meaningless games to get near .500 once they have already been eliminated.

Are we going to have to tank or lose ALL the rest of the games to get Kubes out? This really sucks if this is the case because I CANNOT hope for the Texans to lose, but I caanot stomach the thought of more mediocrity either.

It's definitely a rock and a hard place to be in.

I just don't know what yall think and want to know. Will McNair nut up and pull the trigger even if the Texans don't tank every game? Are you going to root for us to lose to get rid of Kubes?

I don't know which way I lean on this aspect of it, but I do know that I am ready for something different. I'm tired of the Texans being a joke and me by default be associated with a joke with all my Texans gear on my truck, clothes, etc.
Feel the same way. To answer your question, Kubiak will have to miss the playoffs for him to get fired.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2010   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak. He will probably bring Dan Reeves back in, or some other NFL 'expert' adviser and replace Frank Bush the defensive coordinator. But Kubiak is here to stay. Our offense is too good to fire Kubiak. Our defense is too terrible to keep Bush. And Kubiak signed an extension until 2012. Bush did not, but other Texans coach's did. Kubiak isn't going anywhere till at least after that extension is up. Especially with the 2011 contract issues between the NFL/players.

so to answer your question, nothing. There is nothing on this earth that will get McNair to fire Kubiak. The stadium is not going to be empty and the Texans gear will still get sold, despite everyone's grumbling.
Old 11-08-2010   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

2-14
Old 11-08-2010   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is NOT going to be fired during the season, especially right now, sitting at 4-4 and still very much in contention. McNair fires him now, and this season is toast. Pretty sure he has looked at the success rate for interim coaches in the NFL and knows that for better or worse, his and the teams best chance for the playoffs lies with Kubiak. Now, if we miss out on the playoffs yet again, I think there is a very good shot Kubiak is gone.
Old 11-08-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

I think McNair is going to wait until the end of the season and see what happens before he makes up his mind.

To fire the coach now, or to announce that he will be firing the coach at the end of the season simply doesn't make sense.

While there are several people here who have already made up their mind, because they think they know how the rest of the season will turn out, I doubt McNair feels the same way.
Old 11-08-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Will McNair eat the extension he gave Kubiak? Doubt it

Either way, we'll continue to suck until we bring in a DC that can give us a D that has a sack rather than a vah jj.
Old 11-08-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Either way, we'll continue to suck until we bring in a DC that can give us a D that has a sack rather than a vah jj.
In addition, we need some players with a little sack, rather than a vah jj.
Old 11-08-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
In addition, we need some players with a little sack, rather than a vah jj.
True, but doesn't that have to do with coaches and the people who bring them in? Players are usually a reflection of their coach, organization for that matter. This organization is soft, which is what we get to see on gamedays.
Old 11-08-2010   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

To clarify as I did not do so in the OP;

I'm not calling for Kubiak to be fired today or at this moment.

It's basically a hypothetical. When I look at the schedule and try to assess that in conjunction with what the Texans have so far done. I unfortunately do not see playoffs in our future this year.

I of course WANT the Texans to go to the playoffs this year and as I stated will NOT root for the Texans to lose.

Unfortunately I do not see playoffs in the cards this year when projecting against the schedule that remains and thus am worried that change will not be made unless the Texans tank.

Old 11-08-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He gave Carr $8 million & let him walk.
Old 11-08-2010   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak. He will probably bring Dan Reeves back in, or some other NFL 'expert' adviser and replace Frank Bush the defensive coordinator. But Kubiak is here to stay. Our offense is too good to fire Kubiak. Our defense is too terrible to keep Bush. And Kubiak signed an extension until 2012. Bush did not, but other Texans coach's did. Kubiak isn't going anywhere till at least after that extension is up. Especially with the 2011 contract issues between the NFL/players.

so to answer your question, nothing. There is nothing on this earth that will get McNair to fire Kubiak. The stadium is not going to be empty and the Texans gear will still get sold, despite everyone's grumbling.

Pete nailed it!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even after yesterdays loss I went to the Texans store and bought a purse I simply could not live without! It cost me 40 bucks, BUT, it's CUTE and TEXAN and I just had to have it!! I'm a wuss when it comes to Texan stuff. My daughter is all ticked off at me because I buy everything she wants to buy me for Christmas. It's an addiction and I can't help myself. Maybe I need a 12 step program! I think all us diehards are addicted to our team. Win or lose we will support them, just like some of us did the old Oilers. We'll moan and groan, analyze until our heads hurt, start talking DRAFT months to soon, and this time next year we will all be here doing the same damn thing! To put it simple! We're TEXAN fans to the death!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Missing the playoffs for the 8th year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but doesn't that have to do with coaches and the people who bring them in? Players are usually a reflection of their coach, organization for that matter. This organization is soft, which is what we get to see on gamedays.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Take Mario for example. A coach may be able to coach him up on some things (i.e. develop a new move), but a coach can't coach him up on heart!!
Old 11-08-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Take Mario for example. A coach may be able to coach him up on some things (i.e. develop a new move), but a coach can't coach him up on heart!!
If Mario has a problem I think it may be the ole, "It's okay, you're hurt" or "It's okay, you got a sack already today."

somebody needs to tell him, "don't let good enough be good enough!!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read