Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Kubes have a job next year in Houston?
Yes, because the Texans make the playoffs. 5 4.13%
Yes, Old Bob is a big softy and can't seem to grow a set. 35 28.93%
Yes, McNair is content with .500 football, hey it's not losing! 35 28.93%
No, Bob caves in to the pressure from Texantalk.com. 15 12.40%
No, McNair has had it and wants a Lombardi Trophy in his office. 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010   #1
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubes in or out? ( This is a will he be fired, not a do you want him fired thread.)

I will admit that I have been a Kubiak supporter since it was announced he would be the Head Coach, and although I wish he would get it together, this team just can't put it together with him. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I've lost the faith. I'm not going to get any soap out because a coach should never be let go mid seasons no matter what, unless your name is Wade Phillips.

Looks like next year may be another rebuilding year. I can't take it anymore. I was an Oilers fan at birth, and although they were frustrating at least you could count on a game or two of post season play in spurts, this team looks like it will be a while.

1st try: Experienced Head Coach (Although inept!)
2nd try: Upstart with solid Head Coach written all over him
3rd try: ???????????

So Bob it looks like the ball is in your court. You just gave Kubes a new deal, but you're gonna have problems filling the seats next year at Reliant unless you make a change. A last ditch run at the playoffs with out success isn't gonna cut it. I'm glad that Bob gave Kubes the chance to build the team in this age of a new coach every two years, but oh well gotta get over .500 ball in the AFC to make the big dance.

I think he's gone unless they make the playoffs, but I think Rick stay on no matter what.
Old 11-07-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 68425 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes in or out? ( This is a will he be fired, not a do you want him fired thread

Unless they suffer a complete collapse there is a 0.000012918958214% chance that Kubiak goes anywhere.

It's probably even closer to zero than that to be honest.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes in or out? ( This is a will he be fired, not a do you want him fired thread

See the signature for our next HC. If we win anything less than 10 games, Kubiak should be gone. But knowing McNair, if Kubiak manages to win eight, he'll stay.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #4
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

After that first victory over the Colts, I was all ready to forgive Kubiak for the past 4 years of crap. It had been the firt time that this team looked like a Professional football team, and one ready to play at that. Since that time old bad habits have been the norm. I want Kubiak gone.
However, I am of the opinion that crash and burn or soar to the top, Slow to prepare McNair will bring Kubiak back for another sickening year of "it's on me." I don't see any urgency or need to be a winner from Uncle Bob.
We won't be rid of him no matter what. That just turns my stomach.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Has always mcnair will evalute at the end of the season

the tricky part is he gave kubes a new deal and with the hold out he might want a HC here to keep his team together yadda yadda yadda

im with him i wanna see how he does aganist the jags and Tenn and on the MNF game aganist the ravens and the TNF with philly

either way like it or not year in and year out the Kubes regime wins more the the capers one who went like 2wins to 4 wins to 6 wins to 2 wins

kubes was like 7 8 8 9

but who knows maybe the next regime will go like 11 wins to 10 wins to 15 wins
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #6
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Unless they suffer a complete collapse there is a 0.000012918958214% chance that Kubiak goes anywhere.

It's probably even closer to zero than that to be honest.
I agree; however, there is a real possibility of a complete collapse.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The real answer is "No, because Kubiak just signed an extension in the offseason."
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2010   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I agree; however, there is a real possibility of a complete collapse.
Last year I wouldn't have believed it. This year does seem like a real possibilty of the locker room being totally lost.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak stays, which is up in the air until the season end, I say that Frank Bush needs to go. A lot of our struggle has to do with our defense not being able to hold anyone below 25 points. It's hard for any offense to win a shootout week in and week out.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
If Kubiak stays, which is up in the air until the season end, I say that Frank Bush needs to go. A lot of our struggle has to do with our defense not being able to hold anyone below 25 points. It's hard for any offense to win a shootout week in and week out.
If Kubiak goes. the GM, D Coordinator, O Coordiantor and most if not all the coaches are probably gone.

If Kubiak stays, he may keep his buddy Bush here.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that this question can really be answered until the season's over.

I'll take a stab at it anyway. Barring a complete collapse, Kubiak stays, but his staff goes.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I don't think that this question can really be answered until the season's over.

I'll take a stab at it anyway. Barring a complete collapse, Kubiak stays, but his staff goes.
one goes they all go, its a package deal

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe he will be fired at the end of this season barring a complete collapse from this point forward. I think that the very best possible outcome would be that Frank Bush is let go along with some defensive assistants and the Texans begin to prepare to rebuild on that side of the ball.

I should add that I think even this degree of change is a very remote possibility at best.
Old 11-08-2010   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
one goes they all go, its a package deal
You would think, but I'm trying to put myself in Bob McNair's head when I answer this question.

And I think McNair loooooves him some Gurry. He'll be looking for any reason to keep him on the staff when the season's over.

The only way that Kubiak stays is to completely throw his staff under the bus.

It's a stretch, but like I said, the question can't be answered until the season's over or maybe when the Texans are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
You would think, but I'm trying to put myself in Bob McNair's head when I answer this question.

And I think McNair loooooves him some Gurry. He'll be looking for any reason to keep him on the staff when the season's over.

The only way that Kubiak stays is to completely throw his staff under the bus.

It's a stretch, but like I said, the question can't be answered until the season's over or maybe when the Texans are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Kubiak made it clear in the off season it was important to lock everyone up two years, so that is your timetable not end of season, one more to go

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on past inconsistency, this team is as likely to go 8-0 as it to go 0-8. Im still holding out hope for playoffs this season, which would mean Kubiak stays.

Steelers and Ravens are playoffs locks in my opinion at this point.

That leaves the AFC South and one WC up for grabs.
Indy or Tennessee
Pats or Jets

All have looked beatable, and we get to play some of them
Old 11-08-2010   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
If Kubiak goes. the GM, D Coordinator, O Coordiantor and most if not all the coaches are probably gone.

If Kubiak stays, he may keep his buddy Bush here.
I only partially agree with you here. I think the coordinators go and maybe even most of the position coaches but Rick Smith stays.

If a new coach is successful and turns Gary's chicken **** into chicken salad then Rick looks good because he acquired said chicken ****. I thinik back in 2006 Bob McNair judged Dom Capers and Charlie Casserly individually and found both of them wanting and complicit in the collapse of 2005. I think he'll look at Kubiak and Smith the same way (individually) but I think Smith has done enough to keep his job.
Old 11-08-2010   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The odds are Gary stays and Bush goes. I figure McNair likes Kubiak, the offense is ok in McNair's eyes and it is the defense that needs help. Keep the HC and find a DC giving Kubiak at least one more shot at the elusive playoff season. Unless we don't win another game which is entirely within the realm of possibility. Then I think that Gary has to go - McNair won't have any excuse that I can imagine.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't take the Texans seriously, unless Kubiak is gone.

I've seen enough, and the schedule is what is exposing Kubiak.

Next year, we play the AFC North and the NFC South.

He may be able to hide inside the schedule again.
Old 11-08-2010   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The most significant thing for me about this game was I could not get interested in it. I feel an "Astro" view of this team starting to develop in me. I found myself sitting in front of the television at kick off, almost called my son after the first TD but was then glad I did not. Very soon after Chargers tied up the game I was more into the ribs I was cooking on the grill and basking in the sunshine on my balcony. Foster kept me sort of interested first half but I kept glancing at the tv from the kitchen as I cooked corn and Macaroni and cheese.

I hope all you that have given me grief over my Kareem Jackson comments are happy with his play. Even on the INT he got, KJ was way off the WR and barely caught up. He was rewarded for being bad on the play. Sheesh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read