Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2010   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Positives from today

Don't get me wrong - I think our season is just about shot at this point. But, I do like to pull out positives whenever I can, just so I don't feel as bad about the whole thing. With that said, here are some things that I thought were positives today:

- Arian Foster. I know he didn't get those 4th down runs, but that seems more on the OL, to me (yes, they get some credit for Foster's other runs, but Foster made a lot of that happen on his own).
- I think we were finally getting some pass rush. Rivers managed to get away passes anyway, most of the time, but there was at least pressure on quite a few plays.
- Jacoby Jones is a better kick returner than Slaton - I figure we get 5-10 more yards on each kick return with him, and there is a chance he will break a long one.

Trying to think of others, but I can't. I guess the forced fumble and the interception are positives, but those players (Pollard and Jackson) had negatives that far outweighed the positives.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Positives from today

We lost a game he had to win and should have won. I see no positives. Moral victories are for teams like the Bills.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster was dodging linemen in the back field and had a great game. Other than that, **** em. AJ punting at crunch time was awful.
Old 11-07-2010   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Positive - we didn't come out flat for the 6th time this season.
Old 11-07-2010   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ is playing better every week. The downfield TD throw was on the free safety, not KJ. KJ was playing zone and he moved up to cover his zone and Wilson let the play get past him.

The playcalling was much better this week than last week. As a result we came out a lot better in the first few drives. I still think it's not good enough, but the game plan was way better today, we just didn't execute when we needed to.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

- The defense actually forced a 3 & out when we needed it the most.
- Offense moved the ball relatively easy against the best defense in the league (statistically).
- Actually forced some turnovers.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #7
Neon Archie
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Neon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of FamerNeon Archie is a Hall of Famer

Positive... Another loss means we're closer to firing kubiak and his clown coachng staff. Send Rick smith packing too.
Neon Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2010   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

We are still only one game back of the division lead.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I didn't shoot anybody, so that's a positive. I felt like it, but I didn't do it.

Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #10
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's still half a season left.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
There's still half a season left.
I'm not sure if that's a positive or not...
Old 11-07-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to wait until we have 7-8 losses to pick up the soap. I hope we don't get there but it looks like we are going that way.
Old 11-07-2010   #13
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
We are still only one game back of the division lead.
I usually like to try and stay positive, but it's hard to be optimistic when the defense every Sunday make the same mistakes and don't show any signs of improving.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Don't get me wrong - I think our season is just about shot at this point. But, I do like to pull out positives whenever I can, just so I don't feel as bad about the whole thing. With that said, here are some things that I thought were positives today:

- Arian Foster. I know he didn't get those 4th down runs, but that seems more on the OL, to me (yes, they get some credit for Foster's other runs, but Foster made a lot of that happen on his own).
- I think we were finally getting some pass rush. Rivers managed to get away passes anyway, most of the time, but there was at least pressure on quite a few plays.
- Jacoby Jones is a better kick returner than Slaton - I figure we get 5-10 more yards on each kick return with him, and there is a chance he will break a long one.

Trying to think of others, but I can't. I guess the forced fumble and the interception are positives, but those players (Pollard and Jackson) had negatives that far outweighed the positives.
Arian Foster - ran hard, decisive with his cuts, very instinctive good size/speed. looks like he really belongs in the league

OL - played much better both in pass pro & run blocking. Duane Brown & Eric Winston owned the corners

Jacoby Jones is a solid if not dynamic kick returner period

Matt Schaub shows toughness & reslience under pressure

Our Cheerleaders are the best

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'm positive that we don't have to worry about the playoffs now..

I'm guessing we got 3-5 or 2-6 in the last 8 games..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I'm positive that we don't have to worry about the playoffs now..

I'm guessing we got 3-5 or 2-6 in the last 8 games..
I am pretty positive that silvrhand is right.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Positive: We didn't play the Browns, Bills, or Lions this week because we would have lost to those teams as well. Somehow losing to the Chargers still seems more honorable.

Lol, who am I kidding. No positives there.

Old 11-08-2010   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Well, I didn't shoot anybody, so that's a positive. I felt like it, but I didn't do it.

If I'd have been drinking .... there would have been some heads split open.

Good thing Im on the wagon.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm going to wait until we have 7-8 losses to pick up the soap. I hope we don't get there but it looks like we are going that way.
Ya I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to wait on the soap until this season is officially shot. Its still too close of a race right now.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the next three weeks tell the tale .... they pretty much have to beat the Jaq's , Jets and Tits .... or forget about it.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read