Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2010   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What Kubiak shouldn't say in his press conference

"It's on me"

To be honest, I think Kubiak called a pretty good game today. The players on the field simply didn't execute.

My biggest disappointment in this game were on the receivers. Too many dropped balls today. Probably the worst game I've seen AJ play ever.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Kubiak shouldn't say in his press conference

All that lack of concentration, as we've seen ALL YEAR LONG, falls on the
head coach. Kubiak is responsible for the culture HE CREATED. When that
culture doesn't produce WINNING, it's HIS HEAD.
Old 11-07-2010   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets keep it real 2 more losses and things are looking real grim around here
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
"It's on me"

To be honest, I think Kubiak called a pretty good game today. The players on the field simply didn't execute.

My biggest disappointment in this game were on the receivers. Too many dropped balls today. Probably the worst game I've seen AJ play ever.
???
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm specifically talking about today's game only. By no means am I a Kubiak supporter.

I just think if the Texans receivers make the catches they're supposed to make, Texans would have won this game. This includes Foster's "non-catch" in the end zone.

If you think Kubiak caused this loss, please explain.
Old 11-07-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
???
I thought he called a pretty good game offensively. We rode Foster throughout the first half, and went to a very successful passing attack in the 2nd half after they made adjustments. We put up a lot of points against the statistically ranked #1 defense in the NFL
Old 11-07-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I'm specifically talking about today's game only. By no means am I a Kubiak supporter.

I just think if the Texans receivers make the catches they're supposed to make, Texans would have won this game. This includes Foster's "non-catch" in the end zone.

Nobody "caused" this loss. It's damn rare when a player actually "causes" a loss (Rosencopter comes to mind). But lots of people contributed, including Kubiak.
Old 11-07-2010   #8
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He put together the crappy defense that gave up 29 points.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
Can't argue with that
Old 11-07-2010   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
True... but I'm specifically talking about this game only.

We know the defense is going to give up alot of points, so I thought Kubiak had a good game plan to run, run, then run so more to keep Rivers on the sidelines. Chargers made the appropriate adjustments at the half, and the Texans adjusted as well to go to more of a passing attack...which the Chargers couldn't stop either.

But the Jones drop in the end zone, Foster's non-catch in the end zone, and AJ's knee kick in the end were very big plays the receivers need to make. Not to mention numerous other drops receivers made.
Old 11-07-2010   #11
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't buy it. Yeah Kubes had a nice gameplan to try and control the clock, but that shouldn't be necessary! The offense shouldn't have to hold onto to the ball all damn day and pray that the defense gets a three and out every once in a while. If we just had a semi-competent defense, this team could be very good, but no, we have to hope our offense puts up 30+ week in and week out.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #12
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 yrs is enough time...I think we've seen the best of Kubiak...and it's not good enough.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the coach.
It's the players.
It's the coach.
It's the players.

And on, and on, and on, and on ...................

All of you have one of those ideas ingrained into your thoughts.

Question: If he does say, "It's on me" What's wrong with that?

What do you want him to say? Something like "All of you can go xxxx yourselves"!, ... or ... "All of you can lick the darkest part of my lily-white ass!"???

I kinda wish he would say that. I'd laugh my ass off.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I knew Bush better be damn good when Kubiak didn't even interview anybody. He haas to lose his job on that alone, since they have sigle handedly built the worst defense I've ever seen.
Old 11-07-2010   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I've officially changed my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWyXKT5qt4
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had The Chin as head coach and his players were dropping passes all day like they were, there would be spittle flying all over the place and asses getting chewed out. Kubiak probably rounded them up for a group hug.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #17
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What do you want him to say? Something like "All of you can go xxxx yourselves"!, ... or ... "All of you can lick the darkest part of my lily-white ass!"???
I would really love for him to say that.
I would also love him to tell John McClain that he doesn't know ******* about football.

What I hope is that he tells the players how much they suck behind closed doors and how they need to play better, but somehow I don't think he does that.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's the coach.
It's the players.
It's the coach.
It's the players.

And on, and on, and on, and on ...................

All of you have one of those ideas ingrained into your thoughts.

Question: If he does say, "It's on me" What's wrong with that?

I kinda wish he would say that. I'd laugh my ass off.
This just made my Sunday 10x better.

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read