Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This Organization is a Joke

If this post needs to be moved to the drunk thread then mods please do so because Texans football sucks however the wine is good tonight.

I am wondering why I signed up for this mess. I was an Oilers fan since my family moved to Houston from Austin in 1977, I was like in 2nd grade. That team put me through hell with all of the post season choking however at least they made it to the post season.

We moved to NY when I was going into 8th grade however despite becoming a Giants fan living up there I always stayed loyal to the Oilers first. The year I moved back to Texas era el aņo que estos bastardos moved to Tennessee. So for those years I just followed the Giants despite being back in Texas. So when a team was announced as coming back to Houston of course I was on board.

OK, I am rambling now since I am sure no one cares why I decided to become a Texans fan since I haven't lived in Houston since 1982.

As I said in another thread, this team does not connect with the fans (in the right way that doesn't including sucking them for money). They don't embrace the history of football in Houston or even recognize the greats like Earl Campbell, Warren Moon (sorry Sandy) or others. They just don't relate to long time Houston fans.

On the field it is even worse. How many consecutive years have the Texans been drafting defense first?? How many first round picks have been on defense, and yet this defense could not stop Greg Davis and the Longhorns right now. I betcha Garrett Gilbert would have a field day vs the Texans.

The shame is the Texans have a ton of talent and it is all going to waste. Just think how great AJ would be playing on a real team. Foster is the real deal also however it is a shame that his production is going to waste.

There have been several opportunities for this organization to really be embraced not only by Houston but the entire state, yet they always blow it. The Cowboys suck yet their only victory is against this sorry team. There are so many Cowboys fans just ready to jump off the Jerry train however the alternative isn't much more attractive.

What a joke.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This Organization is a Joke

Keep hittin' the vino bro. At least today will be somewhat productive. I know I upped my beer intake after the latest debacle.

We're gluttons from punishment, we are Houston football fans. :sigh:
Old 11-07-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we better keep drafting D first, because we still need a real FS and some DTs who don't think they're DEs.

Can we draft a HC and some coordinators?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have gone through a weird phase with the Texans

about 3 weeks ago, I turned the TV on and grabbed me a beer out of the ole 12 pack and after 2 beers and watching the game, I just stopped drinking while the game was on and I haven't drank during a game since. I remember thinking ,at the time,"why am I going to waste a good buzz on the Texans and then spend the rest of the night pissed off Richard Smith's defense"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
If this post needs to be moved to the drunk thread then mods please do so because Texans football sucks however the wine is good tonight.
In vino veritas.
Old 11-07-2010   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can say is I've been smoking more lately.

Old 11-07-2010   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I view it as more like a Greek Tragedy
Old 11-07-2010   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I view it as more like a Greek Tragedy
Yeah, cuz we keeped getting screwed that way.

ps-why does this bring up a link to wikipedia, LOL?

Old 11-07-2010   #9
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear you. It just keeps getting harder and harder to justify to yourself and others that this team is on the rise or even relavant. While I'm not jumping ship I'm finding it tough to talk about the around football crowds anymore. For the last 7 years I've lived in Boston, MA (2004-2006) and Pittsburgh, PA (2007-present) so it's not as if I have any common Texan brethren to at least complain about the state of the team.

It gets a little old seeing other teams win championships and watching the fanbase in absolute euphoria. I've lived in cities the year they won a Superbowl 4 times (Denver x1, Pittsburgh x1, Boston x2), and I would say thats more than almost anyone has seen in a lifetime especially at my young age (31). But while it's fun to see I've never really felt the connection to those teams that I do with my hometown teams, so the vested interest isnt truly there to know what all these fans feel. Who know's maybe they are just waiting for me to move back before they lay the hammer down...I guess thats all I can hope for at this point.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand what you're saying here and dread the impending crap storm of "Fan-on-Fan" verbal violence it's about to unleash.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the similarities to the 2005 season that I'm seeing this year. The records are nothing alike and neither are the talent levels so understand that I'm not going there. I'm thinking of the expectations and the way hopes get dashed when those expectations aren't met. I'm thinking about the way we respond to that. Even the pink soap avatars are back.

If you think about it 2010 has a "Back to the Future" feel to it. 2005 was the first time I ever saw Texans fans fight amongst themselves in large numbers. There were people who wanted to see Dom go and people who didn't. People who hated Carr and people who didn't. People who wanted to lose more games to draft better and people who didn't. People who wanted to draft Vince and people who didn't. It just seemed like if there was a reason to bicker we found it.

I feel like that today. I see things that I think need to change and when I talk about them I get told I'm not a real fan and how unreasonable "pink soapers" are. We're a good 3-4 losses away from turning on each other completely.

As for the team, I don't believe that we're getting the kind of production out of these players that they are capable of. I think a coaching change is in order or will be by the end of the season. Nobody wants to hire a coach and be looking for another one 4-5 years later. We all want to hire the next Tom Landry or Don Shula. We all want to hire that guy who takes you to multiple Super Bowls and wins for 20 straight years but those guys are rare. Kubiak is (I think) going to crawl us into another .500-ish finish this year and that should be enough reason to let him go BUT there will be the suspensions and there will be the injuries and there will be the upcoming labor questions and so if we don't have football in 2011 then we'll probably have another year of Gary-Ball in 2012. When that ends up as another .500 season (give or take) will that finally be enough? How old will AJ be then? Will McNair need to hire another consultant to hold his hand while he searches for his next coach?

The Houston Texans have one major obstacle to get past before they can reach their full potential and I'm sorry to say that it is themselves. If they can ever get out of their own way they might start to figure some of this other stuff out and amount to something.
Old 11-07-2010   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If it keeps up like this yall will get yall wishlist Mcnair will hit the reset button and expect another 2 years of "Building Seasons"
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I understand what you're saying here and dread the impending crap storm of "Fan-on-Fan" verbal violence it's about to unleash.

Just shoot me now please. Or ban me if that is easier for you, cause I will surely explode here shortly.
Old 11-07-2010   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
If it keeps up like this yall will get yall wishlist Mcnair will hit the reset button and expect another 2 years of "Building Seasons"
Except this team doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs leadership.

There are some holes on the roster, make no mistake. But this team can beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

No need to rebuild. Just find someone who can coach.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not jumping ship either however I am going into my Giants fan mode (where I only look at games as far as they are concerned) which I seem to do every season. I am at the point where someone can just wake me up when this team is relevant. Maybe I will still care when that happens. If not it is their loss.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #15
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

There are some holes on the roster, make no mistake. But this team can beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

More like "some people who can Coach"...

We need to Clean House.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

sadly thats how it goes man new Coach new GM new Pholphsy

-the new Regmine will want there own players not these Scrubs losers who thats what they are in there mind

-Look at the redskins Shanny comes in and Boom Chamble is gone

-Look at the jets more then half of all of the Mangini players are gone

Yay they may keep some of the good players but they will be on a very shot Lease and prob be benched alot

or they might trade some of are so called stars for other players they like or draft picks thats how it goes
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #17
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm with you. Gameplan + attitude check will win plenty more games with the current roster (defensive secondary excluded)

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey maybe we can draft another Dlineman #1 again and see if that fixes it.

Wash rinse repeat.

I was saying the same thing about our talent going to waste. I would love to see Mario and Cushing tear it up on another team like the Eagles, or Ravens. AJ on the Packers, or Duane Brown on the Giants. Sigh....
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #19
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
sadly thats how it goes man new Coach new GM new Pholphsy

-the new Regmine will want there own players not these Scrubs losers who thats what they are in there mind

-Look at the redskins Shanny comes in and Boom Chamble is gone

-Look at the jets more then half of all of the Mangini players are gone

Yay they may keep some of the good players but they will be on a very shot Lease and prob be benched alot

or they might trade some of are so called stars for other players they like or draft picks thats how it goes
and if it means 12-4 instead of 8-8, I'm on board.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

My girlfriend asked me today why I watch the Texans. I said "because they are my team." She went on to say she gets all that but they just make me mad and that I am a much more difficult person to talk to on gameday. She also said that if it weren't for me she would have no idea that the Texans even existed.

I honestly sat there for a moment and asked myself, "why do I watch the Texans?"
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read