Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Final Record
4-12 0 0%
5-11 2 3.64%
6-10 7 12.73%
7-9 18 32.73%
8-8 18 32.73%
9-7 6 10.91%
10-6 3 5.45%
11-5 1 1.82%
12-4 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010   #1
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Final Record this year...

We are now 4-4. These are the next 8 games.

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Texans Final Record this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS
W - shootout...texans survive.

L - both teams actually struggle on offense...texans pull a rabbit out their asses by staying close.

W - my hatred for TEN won't let me pick an L to them at home

W - both on short week, texans start the December (meaningless?) run

L - too tough to deal with

L - at tennessee is a house of horrors for us

W - denver is awful

W - by this time, jags will have quit.

9-7.
Old 11-07-2010   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to finish 4-2 in the division, but I think 5-1 is doable. We need to steal a win against the Ravens or Jets but I don't know we can do either.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
We need to finish 4-2 in the division, but I think 5-1 is doable. We need to steal a win against the Ravens or Jets but I don't know we can do either.
That's why I have what I have in my sig.

I know we'll win next week(stfu I'm a confident person got dammit, lol), but how much will it mean?
Old 11-07-2010   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

4-12 because after reading these forums I'm convinced we have no talent, terrible coaches, and no hope for the future.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #6
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 if lucky. We could easily be 2-6 right now. Take away 2 rabbits out of hat wins. This team is lacking in personnel in almost every area. Rb is good, Qb average, Ol average, Wr average, dl well below average, LB average to below, DB's BAD, special teams average to below. Coaching maybe the worst or at least down there. With this combination 7-9 is not that bad. The Texans are very weak front office, can't evaluate talent. Looks like a bleak future.
gafftop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

6-10 or 7-9.

I see us beating the Jags once and the Broncos. We may be able to beat the Titans once.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2010   #8
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
4-12 because after reading these forums I'm convinced we have no talent, terrible coaches, and no hope for the future.

Sadly you are probably closer than my guess of 7-9
gafftop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #9
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea...is there an option for that? With that said I'll say 8-8 because it's the Texans thing. They'll get some people up...then let them down the following weeks as usual.

At this point i'll be happy with just sweeping the titans.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #10
cain78749
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 cain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post

@Jaguars
@Jets
TITANS
@Eagles
RAVENS
@Titans
@Broncos
JAGUARS
W @Jags - I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt here

L @Jets - With the offense shut down, the Jets simply have to not kill themselves

L vs. Titans - Assuming VY is healthy (haven't beaten him yet, and don't look now, but he's actually leading, not just a part of, a potent offense)

L @Eagles - Another good NFC East team makes us look silly

L vs. Ravens - Do I really need to explain this one?

L @Titans - see above, but with emphasis, since it's on the road

W @Broncos - I sure as heck hope so

W vs. Jaguars - Typical end of season Kubiag special; a big win by 28+ saves his job (though it shouldn't)
cain78749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Except for maybe the Ravens, every team on our schedule has looked beatable this year.

The Jets won today because they injured the Lions kicker and N. Suh (the DT) had to kick the extra point (which he missed)

We could be anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5.

Who knows which Texans will show up from week to week..
Old 11-07-2010   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked 8-8 because I just can't bear the thought of a losing season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked 9-7. The Texans aren't near as bad some people have made it out to be in this thread. Kubiak and the Texans are great at winning games when they no longer matter and Kubes is always that guy that knows how to do "just enough" to keep his job for Mr. "mediocre results are okay with me" Mcnair. The Texans still hae an offense that can be fantastic, but they'll never be a gritty team that demands to win every week with such a passive soft coach. 9-7 sounds about accurate to me. That might even get them into the playoffs and if so people will act like we won the SB and certain fans will keep saying "I see improvements with this team" but won't care about so many poor coaching decisions. Kubes is an OC. He's just an average HC. He can get us to 8-8 and 9-7. He's a playoff disaster waiting to happen though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #14
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 or 8-8. Hope I'm wrong but I chalk it up to a mix of bad coaching and lack of heart/fire. With a few exceptions I think the talent is there to be a playoff team. Many teams have done a lot more with quite a bit less.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

7 wins - the way they're playing now... vs the BACKUPS and a good QB... I think 3 more wins and anything more is icing. 1 Titans, 1 Jags, 1 Denver.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #16
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

The scary thing will be if we go to 4-7.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we're fielding that D...in theory we could lose every game. They STINK.
As long as we're fielding that O...they'll keep us in games. How long can Foster play like this? Will AJ and OD get healthy? What ailes Schaub?

With all that...I went 7-9. We lack the leadership to overcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I called 5-11 when we were 2-1 and I'll stick with that.

We have one of the worst defenses in history, I do not trust the offensive playcalling enough to think our offense can compensate for said defense, and we have no teams with a losing record left on the schedule.
Old 11-07-2010   #19
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked 6-10, seeing wins @ Denver and vs Jacksonville. I'm not totally confident about that prediction, though. A 7-9 season is certainly doable, and 8-8 is not an impossibility yet. My mind will be blown if we get another winning season.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #20
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Seven wins is about as good as it will get this year.

While all the teams on our schedule have looked beatable, we have not looked like a team who want to win games.

While our running offense looks pretty good right now, our passing offense has taken a step backwards and our defense is completely inept.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read