Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2010   #1
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congratulations Texans, you now have the same record as the Rams

A team who only won 1 game last year.

Anyone who still thinks that the Texans are anything more than an average-at-best team is an i d i o t.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #2
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congratulations Texans, you now have the same record as the Rams

Last place in the division.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

and may not in until week 16 against Denver....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #4
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

***** birds are in full display.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #5
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
You're so courageous and resilient. Teach us to be like you please?
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
A team who only won 1 game last year.

Anyone who still thinks that the Texans are anything more than an average-at-best team is an i d i o t.
Except that is a meaningless statistic. See, I can come up with a meaningless stat too:
The Texans also have the same number of wins or more than Minnesota who was the 2nd best team in the NFC last year, Arizona/Cincy(who were playoff teams). They are currently 1 game back of GB(last year playoff team), Defending Super Bowl Champ NO, and perennially tough Pitt.

See, I can also come up with ridiculous meaningless stats.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Except that is a meaningless statistic. See, I can come up with a meaningless stat too:
The Texans also have the same number of wins or more than Minnesota who was the 2nd best team in the NFC last year, Arizona/Cincy(who were playoff teams). They are currently 1 game back of GB(last year playoff team), Defending Super Bowl Champ NO, and perennially tough Pitt.

Exactly. I don't know why people say stuff like this.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2010   #8
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here's a meaningless stat for you. We are 4-4, with an incredibly hard schedule coming up. How does 9 years with no playoffs sound for a meaningless stat?
Old 11-07-2010   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whatever. Your stats are anywhere near as sensationalized!

Sigh, I love post game meltdowns on here.
Old 11-07-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Here's a meaningless stat for you. We are 4-4, with an incredibly hard schedule coming up. How does 9 years with no playoffs sound for a meaningless stat?
But that's not what this thread is about.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #11
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
But that's not what this thread is about.
Meh. It's just another thread talking about how mediocre we are. I couldn't care less either way. We are a mediocre team. That's all there is to it.
Old 11-07-2010   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #13
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 419 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont post here often, i realize that. but i have one question: why are most of you even fans of this team? if they make you this angry and you get this crazy after a loss, just move on. find a new team, give up football, whatever. what's the sense of getting this worked up over them if you (seemingly) won't even enjoy a victory without complaining. news flash: ***** and moan all you want, the front office isn't going to take your suggestions. you might as well just enjoy football, or sports in general, for what they are: entertainment. if you hate movies, you wouldn't go to the local theatre and pay to watch one, so if you hate the texans, why even turn them on? sure, i'm going to get bashed for saying all this, but i would really love an explanation to all this. i'm as frusterated as anyone about this team. i live in new england and have to deal with arrogant and annoying patriots fans in my ear all year talking about how much the texans suck. guess what? who gives a shit. i enjoy watching them, obviously more when they win, but i'm still going to be a fan tomorrow. what good does it do to compare their record to a team's from a year ago or compare this team to the ones in the past? either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #14
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.
They are 1 in a long line of teams who have been crappy/average one season, and then shown much improvement in the next.

As opposed to the Texans, which has some fans who think a baby-step here and there is OK, with nothing to really show for it.

The point is, that 4 straight average/mediocre seasons shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.
Old 11-07-2010   #15
cdollaz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.
So, you think a true fan is one who accepts the team's situation no matter what, and doesn't expect improvement and excellence?

My definition of a true fan is one who loves the team so much, they can't stand it when a crappy product is put on the field, and demands something better.
Old 11-07-2010   #16
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Fan are emotionally invested in the team, which is understandable. But bitching and moaning and calling for the coaches head at the halfway point of the season is ridiculous, especially when the team isn't out of it.

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #17
cdollaz
Veteran

Quote:
Fan are emotionally invested in the team, which is understandable. But bitching and moaning and calling for the coaches head at the halfway point of the season is ridiculous, especially when the team isn't out of it.

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.
They've played what, about 8 quarters of good football all year. It's not that they are just a .500 team, and mathematically still in it, it is that they have looked like a bad team more often that not.
Old 11-07-2010   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
i dont post here often, i realize that. but i have one question: why are most of you even fans of this team? if they make you this angry and you get this crazy after a loss, just move on. find a new team, give up football, whatever.
One of the more ridiculous posts Iíve seen in quite a while. Just because Iím pissed, support the Soap crowd, does not mean Iím not a Texan fan. Iíve been a Texan fan since day one, and am still a Texan fan. But that does NOT mean I have to excuse their bad play and coaching.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And in response out comes the Texans Care-Bear Honor Guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.
Old 11-07-2010   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hervoyel View Post
and in response out comes the texans care-bear honor guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.
quick let me change my avatar to show how upset i am at football in houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read