Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2010   #1
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 316 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Final Say

I know Frank Bush controls the defense. But does Gary Kubiak has the final say on the defensive play? I mean could it be that Frank is basically giving Kubes the suggested play and Kubes decides wether to use that play or another?
BorrowMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Final Say

I doubt it. They probably have a strategy heading into the game and a lot of discussions about situational things that they'd like to get done, but with the limited amount of time I doubt that they'd be able to go through that type of process...

Whereas on offense we are controlling the speed at which we operate.

There isn't a lot of time for the defense to see the offensive package, make subs, get a play call....And then for Kubes to decide whether or not he wants to run the play that's called in...

I'm pretty sure he can override some things, but I'm not sure how often that happens if he does it at all.

If you look at a team like the Colts it be near impossible for him to have the final say on defensive play calls..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #3
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 316 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea that's what I was thinking aswell but I just have this feeling that somehow Kubes is downplaying the defense for some reason lol. Or maybe because I'm really frustrated with him idk.
BorrowMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #4
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

It takes Kubiak 10 seconds just to call time outs. You really think he has time to micromanage play calling?
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm starting to wonder whether Gary Kubiak knows a single thing about defenses. I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Heck, I wonder if Frank Bush knows what defense is.
Old 11-06-2010   #6
texans1969
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texans1969 is on the Pro-Bowl ballottexans1969 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Bush calls his own plays from the box. Ray Rhodes makes suggestions as well and Coach Kollar will help assign the personnel on the field on the D Line to keep them fresh.

Last edited by texans1969; 11-06-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Misspelling
texans1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
I know Frank Bush controls the defense. But does Gary Kubiak has the final say on the defensive play?
Kubiak is the head coach and can veto any call made by the coaching staff. Has he or would he? I doubt it. Does that make Kubiak any less culpable for the defense's performance? No. Kubiak's the head coach. It's on him (which he is quick to admit).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read